Red Robin Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Red Robin CEO Denny Post
Denny Post

1,145 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Flexible schedule for service industry (in 58 reviews)

• Flexible hours and reliable coworkers (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Cleanliness and respect from team members is where I saw flaws (in 30 reviews)

• You will work very hard and long hours and the schedules just aren't consistent enough to lead a normal life at times (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Red Robin part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Red Robin is good corporate restaurant to work at. It's very busy with an overall pretty good clientele.

Cons

It is a very corporate restaurant and everything must be "Red Robin" standard which can become tedious.

Advice to Management

The management team is starting to work really nicely together as a team and the new GM has been doing a great job communicating with the rest of the staff and following through with his plans.

2. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Waitress in Liberty, MO
    Former Employee - Waitress in Liberty, MO

Pros

It was an upbeat environment , that was just a lot of fun to work it. My experience with the management was great. They were always able to work around my schedule, and if there was a conflict I was always able to find someone to cover for me. It was easy to make good tips at Red Robin. The management did a great job of recognizing hard work and they motivated their employees to work hard. I had a very positive experience overall at Red Robin and would recommend it to just about anyone who is looking to earn some extra money.

Cons

Just like any restaurant there is the possibility to make very little money if the restaurant is dead. There is a lot of side work that needs to be done at Red Robin, but they give it to you at the beginning of your shift so you can get it done through out your shift. It can be easy to get overwhelmed in the restaurant with everything going on, but there are always people around willing to lend a helping hand if you get in over your head. I don't really have any other negative things to say about Red Robin. Great place to work.

Advice to Management

to keep up the good work

"Good place to work. Great values and the safety and sanitation is above and beyond all other concepts."

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

Pros

Team members come first attitude
    Competitive salaries
    Good Health insurance
    Good Concept
    Good Food
    Still building more stores so the advancement is available if you want it.

Cons

At times it can be a little cheesy. There is a 6 foot mascot that roams the restaurant.
    The yearly inspections are WAY over the top.

Advice to Management

No real advice for management. The guys i worked under did a nice job. Always let me know where i stood and praised me when i was doing well.

5. "Red Robin server"

Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Austin, TX

Pros

The training is amazing. I hated it at first and wanted to find another job but those core values have stuck with me. I have never worked at a restaurant that was as clean and honest as Red Robin. Red Robin taught me that if you learn your job inside and out, you will be so much more successful.

Cons

The many inspections the company conducts itself. I would have to stay late many nights but that was more of my manager in one location than anything else. I got a little tired of the massive amounts of children that love Red Robin but also realize how much fun they have there.

Advice to Management

The training is a bit overwhelming to new people so you need to make sure that they are well handled at first. Some locations are open so late and they are not making enough money to justify this.

"Working for the best company in the world!"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Red Robin cares about it's team members, guests, and shareholders in that order and it shows. We have the best upper management which directly impacts operations on a day to day basis. I love this company!

Cons

It would be possible to work an eight hour day and still be profitable. The day should start at 8am and end end at 4pm and the close could be from 4pm to 12pm. That is the only down side of working for this company.

Advice to Management

Incentives that we have are great and well deserved. Continue to celebrate the HOH through Smiling Burgers and develope more programs for them.

7. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Server in Broken Arrow, OK
    Former Employee - Server in Broken Arrow, OK

Pros

Great environment, fun place to work, laid back yet professional, different than most restaurants, a giant bird that you can dress up as, good flexibility in work schedule

Cons

Sections are either really good or horrible, overpriced food leaves consumers tipping low, weekdays (Monday-Thursday) days are generally slow and you don't make much money, if you are a closer then it's great.

Advice to Management

Redesign seating arrangements at restaurants to include more booths in the 20's, 40's, and 50's. Schedule less servers with more tables, and lower prices.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Server in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Server in Nashville, TN

Pros

Fun job, GREAT coworkers, and pretty good tips! The management team has supported me and my family every step of the way. They're respectful, helpful, funny - seriously great people.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth. Great "for now" job, but it seems a little too difficult to work your way into management for their level of compensation.

Advice to Management

If it were easier or better explained, I would definitely consider working toward management and staying with this company more permanently.

9. "Very rewarding, RR cares about their employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Red Robin has a very employee first attitude and realizes that taking care of the employee ensures the employee will take care of the guest.

Cons

Schedules can be erratic for management. The culture could be considered almost cult-like to some but it is a very positive culture to work in. You must enjoy working with children as far as guests are concerned, you will experience many children as guests and their families.

Advice to Management

The leadership could be more involved in the mental health of the managers when a crisis comes up . The protocol seemed to be to convince/encourage the person to resign as not to have to deal with it.

10. "Best place I ever worked"

Former Employee - Server in Dardenne Prairie, MO
    Former Employee - Server in Dardenne Prairie, MO

Pros

Great team members and management.
    The team became my family.
    I enjoyed going to work even after many years.
    Great food!
    Very clean!
    Proud to work there!
    Team members full of integrity and enjoyed going out of their way for guests.
    Very clean compared to other restaurants I have worked at.
    Fresh produce.

Cons

Not busy enough.
    Hours based on "stacker rating"... whether your beverage ppa is high enough, number of guest emails about the service you provided, number of royalty cards activated.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the stacker rating!

11. "Really great company heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation and development. Recognition and culture, technology innovation

Cons

I wish there were more restaurants.

Advice to Management

Follow the development guidelines set forth for you by the company and you will go far.

Showing 1,145 of 1,152 reviews