Red Robin Reviews | Glassdoor

Denny Post

1,192 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Cleanliness and respect from team members is where I saw flaws (in 31 reviews)

• You will work very hard and long hours and the schedules just aren't consistent enough to lead a normal life at times (in 29 reviews)

"Stay Away, Far away!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Red Robin full-time

Pros

There aren't any pros at this time

Cons

Favoritism, unrealistic work hours and deadlines

Advice to Management

Senior/Executives really need to get their heads out of the clouds and start looking at your middle management. They blatantly show favoritism in their departments and bully the unlucky ones. They don't listen to the opinions of the workers. Open your eyes and your ears!!!

2. "Harris Blvd Red Robin Line Cook"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly team--though they may not all be good influences! There is a constant camaraderie at the store.

Cons

Very high stress, too-fast paced environment

Advice to Management

Understand when there are not enough cooks on shift or enough hands to do everything in seconds.

3. "Great Part-Time Job"

Former Employee - Hostess in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Hostess in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Red Robin part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were many opportunities for upward momentum. Our managers constantly and consistently encouraged us to challenge ourselves in order to fulfill our potential.

Cons

Can be fast paced, but generally very fun and service oriented. I cannot think of many cons, other than coworkers, but there will always be a bad egg, especially in the restaurant industry,

4. "Not enough money"

I have been working at Red Robin part-time

Pros

Most of the staff is really cool

Cons

too many people on at a time. small sections.

"I am not lying or exaggerating any of this. Please read all the cons."

Current Employee - Server in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Server in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Can make ok money if you can get favorited. I had to kiss a lot of booty.
       You get half off one meal the day you work.

Cons

The company gives outrageous numbers to meet. Starting on the managers...like Robin offer bottomless freckled lemonades but will only give the store credit for one and a half per guest while most drink like 4 or 5. So managers are always over used on product which forces them to only put ounce of strawberries when the recipe requires two ounces and I am pretty sure they water down the sodas to make up for it. That is just one example. So all the food is being shorted to make up for unrealistic expectations, there for cheating the guest on everything. They have to cheat times and make workers work more than one job code and always run short handed. They offer bottomless fries but won't give them to you unless all the food is sold, what do they care it is your tip not theirs. Robin has raised prices so much that they have to give out free food to get guests to even come in. Guess who doesn't get tipped on free food. Funny you still have to do all the work though. They are pulling expediters and planning on pulling busser jobs to save money. They would rather pay servers $3 an hour to do all those jobs...what do they care it is your tips not theirs if you don't have time to serve the guest.
       You are graded on drinks per guest but some appetizers are counted as guests so you have to add waters to check them out. I was told that is because the company lies to their share holders to make it look like they have a higher guest count....guess who it hurts, the server.
      People slip and fall all the time in our restaurant but they won't fix the slick floors.
       I have had crew meetings where district managers say stuff like...we are not required to give breaks...and we are doing these things for you ha ha nothing is done for the employees at all. Everyone I work with hates the company. Even the managers have said how greedy this place is.
      You have to use the table machine to order things and check people out but half ours are broken...guess who still gets graded on it, you. No excuses even if you don't have the tools to do your job.
       All of the dishes come out dirty, gross. People eat off this stuff, why is that not an issue.
      Red Robin took away raises and stopped giving them when the economy crashed what like 8 or 9 years ago and took away our 401ks and they are not coming back.
       The store puts on a show when the bosses are there but it is filthy with trash everywhere and no one wears gloves when they are not there.
       Half the workers have to do all the side work and the other half get to just make money and leave to save labor.
       I personally have seen several labor laws broke and employee mistreated several times.
       You won't have enough glasses or silverware because they can't order more...it would hurt the numbers and managers might not get their bonus.
       The bartender has to take and bag all the to go order even though they rarely get tipped on them.
       So say you make it to a closer position. They will cut all the employees off the floor and you will have to seat the door, serve, expedite the food, and buss your own table while 2-3 managers sit around and eat. They say it is a daily meeting but just talk about what they did last night or whatever. The poor guests have dirty tables all around them and have to wait on everything. This is hilarious because my store is a training store and trains managers, I can only imagine how bad other stores are. I have direct orders to throw certain things out or change things when health inspectors come in.
       Don't eat here after 8pm because kitchen workers are cleaning walls, vents, and fryers and do not wash hands when food is rang in. They are also cussing you because you interrupted them.
       I will see managers sit around for hours but won't give you time to go to the bathroom.
       The computer system is terrible, goes down all the time. Don't even have buttons for some of the items.
      The air conditioning is directly over the guest so they are always cold and you are alway hot and sweating. Let me add. I work in Missouri and our thermostat is controlled by their head quarters in like California or something. They don't turn on the air until we open...so you are a sweaty mess by the time you start. Heck half the time they won't even turn on the lights, you might have to open in the dark.
       Your paycheck won't even cover half of your taxes.
       Good luck getting ahold of HR they obviously don't care about any of this. You will not get a call back.
       Our store to get trainers was like, anybody wanna be a trainer? So our trainer suck.
    There is no incentive to train what so ever.
        I watch managers just eat food off the line.
        Have had to bend my morals many times.
        You have to work all holidays, nights, and weekends if you want to make money.
        Bosses will lie straight to your face.
        Anything the company does ends up making you less money.
        Company has a giving fund where they take credit for helping employees, but the money comes from us, every employee has to give a dollar a check.
        Many more things I can't think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Stop being YES men. I mean if something isn't right bring it up to your boss or their boss. You're only hurting yourself, you can only fudge the numbers so long before it catches up with you.
       Look up the words Manager, Leader, Ruler, and Dictator and decide which you are. Maybe take a management course.
       Building a team makes things easier and realize your employees are people not numbers.
       The guests mostly don't like ziosks.

Red Robin Response

Jul 17, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we're sorry to hear that we missed the mark. We would be happy to look into your concerns further, if you're comfortable providing us more information... More

6. "Employee's are easily expendable and unappreciated"

Former Employee - Line Cook in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Red Robin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being a part of the Red Robin team was fun for a short time.

Cons

Management treats team members unfairly and makes it known they are easily replaced.
    Promises of raises and promotions are actively made with no intention of following through.
    Manager's will talk nevativly about their employees to others.

Advice to Management

If you care and value your employees, show it.
    Don't use fear as leverage against your employee's

Red Robin Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we're sorry that we missed the mark. We will be happy to look into your concerns.

7. "Professional Management"

Current Employee - Cook in Morgan City, LA
    Current Employee - Cook in Morgan City, LA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work well with others, I take advice, & I respect others as humans beings.

Cons

I don't tolerate discrimination, I stay clear from negative attitudes,& I dislike unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

management should be governed by professionals who not only make good sound decisions, but who actually know how to handle situations that are tough to handle properly in times when the Enviroment is hostile,and can maintain there professional status.

8. "its a job"

Current Employee - Worker in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Worker in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Red Robin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get paid which is nice

Cons

promote people who shouldnt be bc the way they talk and act towards others

Advice to Management

work in a store for 6 months so you know what you are doing

9. "Fun and Flexible"

Pros

The people are great. It is a fun and friendly environment and management is able to work with your schedule.

Cons

I can't really think of any at the moment.

10. "Red Robin Hostes"

I worked at Red Robin part-time

Pros

Loved the employees i worked with

Cons

no good benefits for pt employees

Showing 1,192 of 1,200 reviews