Red Ventures Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

3.1
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you have the drive, you can make a lot of money and not having to cold call/go door to door makes things a lot easier (in 21 reviews)

• I eat delicious subsidized food at our bistros every day and get to utilize our basketball court, bowling alley, and gym whenever I want (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a struggle (in 24 reviews)

• call center environment, very loud (in 17 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people
    RV cares about the local community
    work is interesting
    I learn a lot from my manager and team

Cons

Telecommuting would be helpful for some
    Slowing down isn't always the worst thing
    onboarding could have gone smoother for me

Advice to Management

Trust your middle managers more. you hired them for a reason.

2. "Okay Job"

Current Employee - NOC Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - NOC Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, decent pay, and nice building.

Cons

Managers are terrible and they over work the techs.

Advice to Management

Fire all managers

3. "MSA2"

Former Employee - MSA2 in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - MSA2 in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, very friendly co-workers, extreme sales development.

Cons

Comp inconsistencies and constant abuse from the consumer.

4. "Sales Agent"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits, great atmosphere at work and a lot of diversity.

Cons

Not Organize, Not comprehensive, Short training for a lot of info and too much stress.

"Good and Bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures part-time

Pros

Flexible schedules, fun environment if you are just in need of a job, nice facility, lots of contests

Cons

Metrics constantly changing making it harder to make money, bonuses arent as nice as promised, very loud environment, questionable sales tactics (re running credit, selling multiple tvs but quiting price of one)

Advice to Management

Feels more like a high school cafeteria than a work environment

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Red Ventures is a very unique company, especially in Charlotte. They have managed to keep a start-up feel as they have grown, which has its pros and cons. For those looking for increased growth opportunities, very little red tape and bureaucracy, and the ability to make a real impact, Red Ventures is a great place. You will be stretched professionally and have fantastic growth opportunities, more so than most any other company can offer.

Cons

It is a high pressure, high reward place to work. Employees are asked to manage a lot of tasks and step up and be the owner of whatever they are working on. Change is a constant, sometimes people move teams multiple times in a year and you will wear many different hats. If you're looking for a very structured 9 to 5 job, RV is not the place.

"A place to grow."

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, Red Ventures is a great company to work for - and it's a great time to join. The organization is growing rapidly and exploring new marketing channels and industries.

You get the chance to really hone professional growth here. Meaningful feedback from managers and peers is delivered constantly ad-hoc and formally twice a year so you get the input you need to accelerate your soft skills and technical skills.

Your opinions are heard - whether you are entry-level or a seasoned business leader. Monthly business reviews are open to all employees and anyone has the opportunity to speak up, share input and actively participate in the company's evolution.

The benefits are great, including "untracked" vacation time (you don't have to get approval to take your allotted days off). This is a great benefit for people who are starting families or have young kids in daycare. If you have to work from home with a child who was excluded from daycare for the day - it's fine. You are treated like an adult who can be trusted to manage your own time and work (as long as you don't take advantage of the policy). Very few east coast companies offer a similar perk.

You can move from account to account, role to role with ease and without going through a drawn out internal interview process. If you want to try something else (and your manager agrees you have the skill set to do so) - you can change jobs or teams.
    There is also always something to get involved with - charity work, social events, leadership programs, Red Talks seminars etc. There are a lot of extracurriculars.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but the organization used to market itself as being 'relatively flat' in terms of hierarchy and structure. As we've grown, we have become a bit more bureaucratic with more levels of middle management. I imagine this would happen with any organization that starts small and scales to 10x it's size.

Additionally, the company tends to have a laser focus on business/marketing associates when it comes to leadership development programs. Engineers, creatives, sales support staff are not often included in the higher level leadership programs. Granted, the content is geared more towards the business folks. However, there may be an opportunity to open up those programs or create new ones to address different disciplines.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what makes us different - agility, people, passion, talent development.

"Run fast"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you work with a diverse group of people

Cons

- under qualified and poorly trained management
    - constantly fluctuating pay scale
    - fear tactic leadership techniques
    - questionable ethics

Advice to Management

- Don't push your employees in the ethical grey area and then put the blame all on them when the heat comes down from your business partners.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Red Ventures for 5+ years and have stayed this long for a few key reasons. Yes, I love the environment and perks but at the end of the day it's the people and the consistent personal growth that has kept me here. The people are all high motivated and very talent and genuinely care about doing well. Things move fast here since we are growing quickly and that allows for lots of opportunities for growth. I really don't think I could get excited to work anywhere else in Charlotte because there aren't many other innovative and progressive companies like this around.

Cons

Reading these reviews you can tell there are differences in culture between our corporate team and the sales side of the business but some of that is the nature of the different jobs. Corporate (sales support) roles are more analytical, tech, marketing focused while the inside sales roles are over the phone persuasive sales positions.

For some roles compensation is a bit lower than other firms in Charlotte especially compared to the banks. However, the benefits, perks, and environment are much better.

"Too stressful for a mediocre job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun activities.
    Dynamic environment.
    Bowling alley.
    Basketball court.

Cons

Too demanding.
    Too stressful.
    If you don't make a sale, prepare for the end of the world.

Advice to Management

Not everyone calls RV to purchase a product. Most people are calling around to get different prices, so don't treat your employee as a number.