Red Ventures 591 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Pros
  • You can make a lot of money here if you're good at your job (in 18 reviews)

• Challenging work environment with a lot of learning and growth (in 36 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Opportunity"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

The culture. Everything at RV has a Silicon Valley feel. The dress code is relaxed and you may have to dodge a nerf dart or two. I would be remiss to not mention the basketball court, the bowling alley, the fitness class options, and the gym just to name a few. I love giving my friends a tour of the place because the campus is really cool. There is a lot of opportunity to advance your career to any path within the business.
    I have noticed some complaints about the attendance policy and it baffled me. As someone who has worked a corporate job since I was 19, I dare anyone to find a company with a more lenient policy. However there are some who can't manage the freedom and then end up being fired for not coming to work.
    I wish I had started at RV sooner than I did. I had known about the company for 2 years but hesitated due to some of the reviews I read here. I can honestly say it has been my best move ever and i am truly privileged to work here.

Cons

It's easy to get stuck in the mindset that you need to make a 4k+ comp check to be considered successful. Sales is a up and down deal. The bad days are stressful and the good days are elating. I have seen many an agent quit because they expected every day to be a windfall sales day. Celebrate the good days and learn to leave the bad days at work. Every missed sale is an opportunity to improve.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is good at making sales does not mean they would make a good manager. I have been fortunate to have performance managers who want to see me succeed but there are some managers who cause otherwise talented sales reps to leave the company. New hires are especially vulnerable because they may not realize that they have access to upper management to voice their complaints.

2. "Great platform"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great place to start a career
    Thorough training
    Fun culture
    Lots of opportunity to move up into management
    Supportive management staff
    Great money for what we do

Cons

Can be a stressful work environment due to high standards for success

3. "Fun Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Culture, the perks on-campus

Cons

The Hours starting, the 30 minute breaks

5. "Part Time"

I have been working at Red Ventures part-time

Pros

Awesome way to make a lot of money while working a few hours a day. Would definitely recommend. People are nice. The culture is great.

Cons

The turnover ratio is real and present. But you will be okay if you know how to detach yourself from the customers on the line, as in you won't let the outcome of the call affect your mood.

Advice to Management

Good job, try and keep employees more.

6. "Great Company"

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Outgoing environment
    Great if you work well in a team setting
    Flexible Schedule
    Good opportunities to work alongside big corporations

Cons

Workload can fluctuate greatly depending on the team

7. "Good Opportunities"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Upward Mobility, Culture, Management, Food

Cons

Too much "fun" to feel like a serious job

8. "Its an amazing company!"

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent Gold in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent Gold in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love how much money they toss around. I never had to pay for electronics. I won ipads, tv's cruises, cash, Ipods, Appletv and so much more. They really go above and beyond to make the sales reps happy.

Cons

they are very harsh when it comes down to punishment. No matter how long you have been with the company.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to consider a sales support role or a different route besides firing someone who has dedicated so much of their time to the company.

9. "Not the place for you"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

The commission was alright

Cons

The hours are terrible, the work is terrible and the fact that they time your bathroom breaks is terrible

"Great benefits for a terrible job."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The health benefits are great. Subsidized cafeteria is great. Health center is great. They offer a lot of amazing benefits in exchange for a terrible job.

Cons

The actual job requires being chained to your desk and literally asking for permission to use the restroom or take a breather. You're expected to take calls back to back and are pushed by coaches to keep trying to sell a customer until they literally hang up on you. And then you get to call them back!

If you like turning your ethics off and making fat pay checks while getting screamed at by angry morons all day, this is the job for you.

And good luck advancing - you have to make it for at least a year and then your pay is cut significantly while you scramble to prove yourself and hope that one of the team leads will quit so that you can step up. Non-sales opportunities come once in a blue moon and are extremely competetive because everyone wants to get off the sales floor.

Advice to Management

Spend more time finding what works for your team instead of forcing them into the tiny box that is your personal selling style.

"Can be a good company to work for if you can get past the seemingly overwhelming negatives"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Potential to make good money.
    - Tons of little (and big) bonuses that can add up.
    - Co-workers are, for the most part, pretty cool.
    - Decent benefits.
    - All the management I worked with were good to great.
    - If you can move up in the 'tiers', you get some nice perks.
    - In my experience, workforce can really help you out... though I've heard conflicting stories.
    - Decent amount of break time unless it gets cut by workforce (see cons)

Cons

- You won't go very up the ladder if you don't put in the time.
    - I've heard it's a great place to move up, but I tried and had no luck whatsoever.
    - Be prepared to move around from business to business. One minute you could be on a business you enjoy, next thing you know you're being moved to another, lesser business because of "business needs."
    - Be prepared to put your morals on the line. You'll be asked to straddle the line between ethical sales and unethical sales frequently. If you don't have an extremely tough skin, it can really weigh on your conscience.
    - A lot of businesses have days (or weeks, or months) of back-to-back-to-back calls. You can get worn out in a hurry.
    - Breaks are normally an hour, but if the business you're on requires it due to high volume, they can force you to take shortened lunches. Sometimes you get something for it, sometimes you don't.
    - Some businesses are way better than others. You can easily get stuck on a business with high volume and low payouts unless you're in the top 10-20% of reps.

Advice to Management

Cut the agents some slack, especially the employees who have to constantly deal with high volume. It's a rough enough job as it is... cutting your employees' lunch break when it's already extremely busy just increases the amount of stress placed on most employees, which leads to high turnover. Those are the times where people NEED a break, when you get calls back-to-back for 8-10 hours in a day.