KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tech

1m

works at

Red Ventures

Thinking about leaving my position at Red Ventures as a Software Engineer, for an internship at AWS with potential to be hired full time. Right now I’m making 75-90k a year at RV but from what I hear at Amazon Web Services I could be making double. But I worry about the burn out at FAANG companies. Opinions? I feel my salary is pretty low for what I do.

18 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The only positive thing I can think of about RV is that the people you work with are by and large great.(in 114 reviews)
  • "This is a great benefit for people who are starting families or have young kids in daycare.(in 99 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and autonomy of work(in 97 reviews)
  • "They have great pay and are offering benefits that would attract the initial gullible job seeker.(in 68 reviews)
  • "Good money and lots of sellable opportunities.(in 66 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and little to no accountability(in 65 reviews)
  • "In one month I was on three different businesses with four different schedules and four different managers.(in 48 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance(in 40 reviews)
  • "The hours are long, and weekends are pretty standard as a Developer, but people seem to love doing it, or don't complain about it.(in 26 reviews)
  • "Senior leadership boasts the company's ability to take on any new challenges (new business or partnership) head(in 23 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Ventures and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    Featured Review

A performance based company that celebrates world culture and diversity

Mar 2, 2022 - Visual Designer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 weeks PTO, unlimited sick days (so long as you don't take advantage of them), decent benefits and maternity/paternity leave.

Cons

Annual reviews based on overall scored performance dictate your salary but may not land you in the mid-high salary range of your position.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic place to work

Apr 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

RV is a great place to work; good benefits and a great work/life balance.

Cons

It's a very large company which might not be what everyone wants.

3. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disingenuous and deceptive place

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people are hardworking and want to do a good job, but they would be better off somewhere else. They have successfully created a facade to lure new people in with promises of a great culture, benefits and perception that they will value you. Think about it: How are they able to have people review them positively on Glassdoor for just this year, 2022 with 7 pages of reviews already? No other company is blasting positive reviews so quickly. Their HR does an amazing job of luring people in and pretending to care.

Cons

No actual talent or good work being produced. Highest turnover, young employees being hired out of school posing as VPs with no idea how the real workplace performs. The whole thing is a farce and they dare copy places Netflix (radical candor talk) and Google without any of the real benefits of working at those great companies. A manager to cover up their own mistakes conjured up tasks and deliberately set me up to fail to let me go on moment's notice. Being lied to my face in meetings about why I am leaving to cover up high turnover was the worst, most disrespected I have felt. I had to stay quiet, so the nice people working there do not feel worse than they already do about their jobs. No one really believes the lies they feed employees. Management is just faking it. And are some of the least talented managers I have ever come across.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures

Flexible and Supportive

May 9, 2022 - Director of Social Media in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at RV is extremely supportive and flexible. It's exactly what I was looking for in a pandemic workforce and I feel so grateful to have found a company that aligns with my professional goals while not intruding on my personal boundaries.

Cons

Hybrid work is still difficult and there's kinks to work out every day but the overall effort of the organization to make that process as painless as possible has helped.

5. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place

May 19, 2022 - Senior Campaign Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to learn and grow

Cons

Could be better at comp and reviews process

6. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work with great benefits

May 18, 2022 - Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits, pay, exciting atmosphere, amazing CEO

Cons

Large company makes it harder to stand out

7. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Nobody Retires From Red Ventures

Mar 26, 2022 - Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Advancement for the ambitious Fast paced Learning opportunities If you're young, single, and ambitious, this is a great place. It will give you the skills to advance your career. The work is demanding and the culture is fun.

Cons

Poor work-life balance Up or Out culture Hard to have a family Nobody retires here: you either get out of your own choice or have the choice made for you. Very few last longer than a year or two. Get in, get your 1-2 years experience, get out, increase your salary and sanity elsewhere. I was there for several years, working my way up the sales and corporate ladder. It's an up-or-out culture, so being in a role for more than a year is problematic. It was fun and exciting as a single person of 25. Once I got a family, having to prioritize children is hard when leadership is young and doesn't understand. The "perks" of unlimited vacation and cheap food just keep you on campus later and peer pressure keeps you from taking off. It's almost cultish.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    Current Employee

Fast Paced, Lots of Autonomy

May 12, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Autonomy - High-speed - Results Oriented / Data Driven

Cons

- Pay is low compared to market value - Office culture was a perk pre-pandemic, now not-so-much - Potential for burnout

9. 5.0

Great Culture

May 9, 2022 - Product Designer in San Juan, PR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, benefits and management. They help you on your professional goals.

Cons

You have to be proactive if you don't want to feel stuck.

10. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Was a good company

May 12, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working there, good atmosphere

Cons

Longer hours typically, difficult commission structure

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,502 Reviews

Red Ventures Reviews FAQs

Red Ventures has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,632 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Red Ventures to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Red Ventures employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Red Ventures. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

69% of Red Ventures employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Red Ventures 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Red Ventures to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Red Ventures Job Seekers