Red Ventures Reviews

3.1
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias
Pros
Cons
  • "Work / life balance exists only if you seek it and implement it(in 46 reviews)

• "Location - It's in SC and commuting from Charlotte or anywhere someone actually wants to live is a huge pain in the rear(in 31 reviews)

Featured Divisions of Red Ventures

1. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    Featured Review

"Lots of growth potential, constant learning"

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been at RV for almost 5 years. My favorite thing about RV is how invested leadership is in developing the employees and that they're really focused on learning. The idea of getting better every day is key to the culture. You grow a ton by being around smart people, hearing different perspectives and tackling different problems. There are tons of different role opportunities and industries keep things interesting and fresh (you never get bored). RV also fosters a strong team atmosphere and environment, which can make it feel like a smaller company than it is.

Cons

It's not for everyone -- it's the kind of place where some people thrive if they enjoy a challenge, they like that things can change quickly, that they get lots of feedback and are pushed to be the best version of themselves. Every role is different, but generally not for someone who wants to coast/work 9-5/have a very predictable role. RV sets a high bar and wants you to meet it. Typically people who are hungry for opportunity do the best. RV has grown very quickly, particularly across multiple locations. The teams are figuring out how to avoid 'big company problems' and balancing the resources of a big company (and trying to avoid 'big company politics') with wanting the agility of a small company. Because it's grown so quickly, there can feel like an "in crowd" that can be hard to break into.

2. "Great, Forward Thinking Company"

Current Employee - IT Operations Manager in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best company that I have ever worked for. I am on the tech side of things, if that matters to you, the reader. Red Ventures is a very forward thinking company. They have vision and they also have the bias-to-action to execute on the vision that senior leadership has. Red Ventures is very work-life-balance friendly. My leadership team is very understanding if I have home or family issues that I need to take care of. It's also a place where folks that excel get the opportunities to work on projects they may have never had the opportunity to work on. If you're a hard worker, RV is the place for you. It's a rewarding and growth minded place of business. Red Ventures also has a lot of community involvement. They truly care about giving back to those less fortunate in this world. If you don't know how Red Ventures does this, do a Google search for Road to Hire, Golden Door Scholars, Forward787, and Life Hoops. You'll see how this amazing company is involved in their community and how they help bring up people who wouldn't normally have these opportunities. If you're considering Red Ventures, it's a fantastic company.

Cons

We're extremely busy all of the time. Sometimes we don't always finish everything to completion before we move on to the next project. This causes some projects to not be completely polished.

3. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
    COVID-19

"Best choice I have ever made"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modern tech stacks Tons of opportunities to learn and grow Opportunities to give back Flexible schedule Great benefits Great culture Great work/life balance There are an infinite number of highly intelligent people that work at Red Ventures, it creates a great atmosphere to cultivate learning, and growth. the discounts on food are great too ;)

Cons

Before Covid19 working remotely was largely not an option for most employees, I hope that will now be revisited, as I believe it is the only part of the culture at RV that could see us lose some really good talent if this does not change. If you're uncomfortable with change this might not be the best place for you; things change quickly, and you will be pushed to get out of your comfort zone, I personally worked on three teams, and sat at five different desks in my first year.

4. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures

"Challenging, fresh, and fun place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Content Strategist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. A ton of flexibility in work hours - if I need to make an appointment or leave early or something, it's fine as long as everything gets done. 2. I love getting to work on a ton of different types of content. Have learned SEO writing, geo pages, long-form/editorial, email flows, display banners, social media, site UX, site transactional, and more! 3. Everyone is really smart and you learn a lot from people with different experiences and backgrounds. 4. pretty secure, steady job. We run lean, so if there's not a ton of need for work on a certain team, they'll definitely look for another spot for you. So you're likely to keep your job if you're performing well. 5. If you believe in something/an initiative, people will help you go after the initiative! I've been able to be a part of initiatives other people believed in as well as pooled other writers/designers to create and complete initiatives that I've believed in to make RV/content/culture/etc. better! 6. Benefits are good. Great health care and 401k matching. 7. to build off of flexibility in hours, I think work/life balance is really good. I can log off at night and not feel bad. I don't have to come in by a certain time necessarily, just around 9ish as long as I am there for meetings on time.

Cons

1. Sometimes life can get stagnant just cranking out the same old content week after week. But usually as it gets old, you get to change projects or teams. Things are always changing so it doesn't last. 2. There can be really crazy cycles of push push push on work, and then very little to do on other weeks. But that also depends on the team you're on. 3. There can be a pretty unfortunate view of business people toward designers and writers that our opinions don't matter. Or alternatively, that the views of entry-level creatives don't matter and they won't listen to you unless you're a senior. 4. Also, creatives (writers and designers) are severely underpaid in this industry. Starting writers make very little, but the pay can rapidly grow with proven performance too. (i.e., I got a 15% raise one year.) However, compared to other places, even at my level, it's probably not comparable. 5. Experience at RV really really really depends on your direct manager. You need someone that advocates for you often, because senior leaders don't necessarily listen to the underlings. I've always had really good bosses who did advocate for me, but for other people who might need to advocate for themselves, they can get ignored if they don't have a certain title. and that's a really poor experience.

5. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures

"Never a dull moment"

Former Employee - Senior Content Strategist in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities to work on a lot of different teams and brands. Learned a lot about making data-driven decisions. Change is constant and it keeps you on your toes. Fun and friendly culture. Made some great friends here!

Cons

I wish they had a more customer-centric focus. Leans a little too far on the benefit to the business over the customer.

6. "Good Temporary Job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

The Commission Pay was good

Cons

There was not alot flexibility in the work schedule

7. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures

"Not the greatest but not the worst"

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Facilities and training, good co workers

Cons

No advancement available, tense sales floor with management

8. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures

"A Stepping Stone Job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and environment, lots of perks

Cons

Encourage dishonesty just to get a sale

9. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures

"RV is Okay"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits, clear growth paths, lots of very smart colleagues, very supportive personal culture (lots of support for minority communities)

Cons

Awful training protocols, Interview process is long but is vague so you end up in a position that doesn't fit well with your previous experience if you have any, partnership contracts are questionable

10. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures

"Good Opportunities"

Former Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great L&D program and good growth opportunities

Cons

It's a competitive environment amongst peers

Found 1070 reviews