Red Ventures Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • you can make good money if you're in the top 10 or so of your business (in 31 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • It's not easy work-- incredibly rewarding, but definitely can be hard to find the right work-life balance (in 29 reviews)

• Comp structure constantly changes, as the company grows, they seem to pay sales agent less (in 27 reviews)

1. "sales agent"

Current Employee - Sales in Indian Land, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Indian Land, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great culture, great leader, Ric Elias.

Cons

There is not a career track that will take you to the next level once you are a top MSA. Managers make less money.

Advice to Management

Continue the great culture and embracing the fast pace environment. Don't be afraid to make big mistakes, that's the only way to continue with big success.

"Sales not what made out to be."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company overall; Great Food; Great Co-workers; Some great Management; Fun atmosphere/culture

Cons

Ever-changing/bad commission structure in sales; Easy compliance mistakes; Not a parent friendly attendance policy; Lots of micromanaging; Not for people with morals/values.

3. "Growth-minded company"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Company is always pursuing growth-- both in new industries, and in people. I personally have developed so much in my time here and have really benefited from intentional placements and PD to help me grow my skills.

Cons

It's not easy work-- incredibly rewarding, but definitely can be hard to find the right work-life balance.

"Great place to work, but constant changes"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees and management are phenomenal. Training is extensive. Pay is great

Cons

Constant changes is salary, commission, and hours. When hired I was told that I could work 4 days/9 hr shifts. Which is really what sold me since I'm a parent to 2 very young daughters. Not even a month into it, they changed the system and now I have to work 5 days/ 8hr shifts. I had to hire a baby sitter and all.

Advice to Management

If you hire someone on a certain schedule, that should be their schedule. You have no idea what is going on in someone else's life to where they need that particular schedule.

"“It’s What You Make It”"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are some of the coolest people you will ever meet, considering we all wanted the position with the same things in mind (make “good” money and have fun). Reduced lunches are fantastic for budget lovers with little time to plan for meals. Main campus facilities are unlike any business I’ve ever known. Ability to grow within the company quickly if you desire a more management type position. A great place to network as with any large company. Great sales training experience.

Cons

When you first start they tell you, “it’s what you make of it,” and I believe this to be true- it strongly depends on the information you are given when you first start, how long you’ve already been there. I worked there for almost a year and a half and when I first started, 6 months or so in, pay was great and environment was a dream. People were making money. You were receiving the challenges that you should expect in a competitive sales environment. Unfortunately, to those that are not natural sales people, the cookie crumbles quickly. You feel the pressure early on and if you are not at a certain average within your center, well say bye bye to your job. I started out with about 5 from my training team (that lasted beyond the two week training period) and 3 were fired within 3 months for lack of performance; granted, the pressure, even back then, was not for everyone, but these people tried! - a plan action for bottom sellers to improve which you are not informed actually exists during your training period. Moving on, if you aren’t up to speed with politics within the workplace, you’ll learn more than a thing or two here. After my first six months, things started to shift for the worst. Commision pay decreased consistently and significantly over the last year.. but don’t you dare ask why it’s happening because all upper management will do is tell you how it will “benefit” you and the company; OT is required and it can be at a moments noticed. Only top 10% of you department is actually making the money but thats BECAUSE they also receive the best quality calls, aside from a consistent call flow, they say nothing much mkee different than the “average” sales agent on their calls. Morally bankrupt form of selling expected; screwing over the customer in a heartbeat, but is this what the CEO Ric Elias would expect? Lastly, your direct supervisors, be WEARY to trust they have your best interest at heart because they will screw you over by doing a bad job on their part, it happened to me; be aware of the politics taking place, once again, and know people here in the end are in it for themselves. This place overall does a fantastic job of sugar coating the unending stress; it’s become an environment like any other call center.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make pay what it once was and all the stressors will actually be worth it again. The fun and exciting culture no longer exists, find an honest way to bring it back. Watch a couple of Ric’s old videos to remind you of what you should value at a place like this and feed that to your employees.

6. "Intern"

I worked at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Great culture to work with

Cons

I cant think of any cons

7. "I survived 4 years"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time

Pros

Pay use to be very very nice

Cons

Stress and just changes for the bad

"Commissions going down, stress goes up"

Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC
    Former Employee - Master Sales Agent in Indian Land, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and great perks. Can't beat a couple of gyms, indoor basketball court, a half dozen, at least, different gourmet places to eat, bowling alley and beer garden and from what I understand, they added more stuff with the new building.

Cons

4 years ago, you could make 6 figures as an agent on the phones if you were really good. Now, according to their job ads, the top agents make around 60k. I, in my first year, made 80k and in my second year made 60k and my conversion was better my second year than my first. The stress is totally insane. Your commission per sale is not a flat number, it's based on your conversion. The higher your conversion, the more you make per sale, the lower your conversion the less you make per sale. When on inbound calls, all incoming calls count including wrong numbers and current customers. So the more bad calls you get, the less you make per sale. Some departments require overtime which can actually DECREASE the amount you make over all because if you take too many bad calls during overtime, your over all income drops.

Advice to Management

If you expect to keep up your high conversion, you better up the commissions. People care more about pay than perks.

9. "Strategic Analyst Associate"

Current Employee - Strategic Analyst Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Strategic Analyst Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress, sporting teams, young employees, Charlotte

Cons

Hard work, very data driven while I am creative

"Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent base pay!
    Uncapped commission!
    Great atmosphere!
    Great perks!
    Coworkers are so full of life and fun, makes for a great atmosphere to festered!

Cons

Dealing with the pressure of micro management
    Dealing with rude customers
    Stress and pressure of selling television services to the new age of consumers who stream rather than watching TV.

Advice to Management

Give the representatives some breathing room, understand that everyone is not going to be perfect, and understand that not everyone is going to want to buy the services.