Red Ventures Reviews | Glassdoor

Red Ventures Reviews

Updated July 20, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • If you have the drive, you can make a lot of money and not having to cold call/go door to door makes things a lot easier (in 21 reviews)

• I eat delicious subsidized food at our bistros every day and get to utilize our basketball court, bowling alley, and gym whenever I want (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a struggle (in 24 reviews)

• call center environment, very loud (in 17 reviews)

"It's not all it's cracked up to be"

Former Employee - IT Department in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - IT Department in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amenities, onsite cafes, no dress code, nice facilities.

Cons

During my tenure there was zero time to use the amenities provided. Management expects you to work 60+hrs per week even though they claim to promote a "work/life balance". I watched countless, great employees be pushed out the door so other employees who badgered or otherwise mistreated others were promoted. I would highly advise anyone to avoid Red Ventures at all costs.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting people who have no idea how to manage employees. Wake up and see that your pushing good people out the door at an alarming rate. LISTEN to ALL employees, not just the ones that grovel at the CEO's feet.

"A place to grow."

Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, Red Ventures is a great company to work for - and it's a great time to join. The organization is growing rapidly and exploring new marketing channels and industries.

You get the chance to really hone professional growth here. Meaningful feedback from managers and peers is delivered constantly ad-hoc and formally twice a year so you get the input you need to accelerate your soft skills and technical skills.

Your opinions are heard - whether you are entry-level or a seasoned business leader. Monthly business reviews are open to all employees and anyone has the opportunity to speak up, share input and actively participate in the company's evolution.

The benefits are great, including "untracked" vacation time (you don't have to get approval to take your allotted days off). This is a great benefit for people who are starting families or have young kids in daycare. If you have to work from home with a child who was excluded from daycare for the day - it's fine. You are treated like an adult who can be trusted to manage your own time and work (as long as you don't take advantage of the policy). Very few east coast companies offer a similar perk.

You can move from account to account, role to role with ease and without going through a drawn out internal interview process. If you want to try something else (and your manager agrees you have the skill set to do so) - you can change jobs or teams.
    There is also always something to get involved with - charity work, social events, leadership programs, Red Talks seminars etc. There are a lot of extracurriculars.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but the organization used to market itself as being 'relatively flat' in terms of hierarchy and structure. As we've grown, we have become a bit more bureaucratic with more levels of middle management. I imagine this would happen with any organization that starts small and scales to 10x it's size.

Additionally, the company tends to have a laser focus on business/marketing associates when it comes to leadership development programs. Engineers, creatives, sales support staff are not often included in the higher level leadership programs. Granted, the content is geared more towards the business folks. However, there may be an opportunity to open up those programs or create new ones to address different disciplines.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what makes us different - agility, people, passion, talent development.

"Challenging and Rewarding Environment"

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've learned more here in a shorter period of time than anywhere else I've worked and I've enjoyed every day working alongside top talent. You are provided opportunities that allow you to accelerate your career. This isn't a place to come and coast..it's a place to be challenged and learn.

The culture is second to none. We are treated as mini entrepreneurs in our roles and provided the opportunity to learn and make mistakes. There's ownership and pride from each employee. On top of that, we have a lot of fun!

Cons

We are growing together- fast - and that can cause growing pains and lessons learned along the way. That's part of the cost of being in a young, growth-oriented company.

Advice to Management

Make sure you continue to communicate and keep the fantastic culture that we have!

"Run fast"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- you work with a diverse group of people

Cons

- under qualified and poorly trained management
    - constantly fluctuating pay scale
    - fear tactic leadership techniques
    - questionable ethics

Advice to Management

- Don't push your employees in the ethical grey area and then put the blame all on them when the heat comes down from your business partners.

"Great place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced environment, challenging work, smart colleagues, and mentors who are invested in my growth and development.

Cons

None so far; my experience has been very positive.

"Too stressful for a mediocre job"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Red Ventures part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun activities.
    Dynamic environment.
    Bowling alley.
    Basketball court.

Cons

Too demanding.
    Too stressful.
    If you don't make a sale, prepare for the end of the world.

Advice to Management

Not everyone calls RV to purchase a product. Most people are calling around to get different prices, so don't treat your employee as a number.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Red Ventures for 5+ years and have stayed this long for a few key reasons. Yes, I love the environment and perks but at the end of the day it's the people and the consistent personal growth that has kept me here. The people are all high motivated and very talent and genuinely care about doing well. Things move fast here since we are growing quickly and that allows for lots of opportunities for growth. I really don't think I could get excited to work anywhere else in Charlotte because there aren't many other innovative and progressive companies like this around.

Cons

Reading these reviews you can tell there are differences in culture between our corporate team and the sales side of the business but some of that is the nature of the different jobs. Corporate (sales support) roles are more analytical, tech, marketing focused while the inside sales roles are over the phone persuasive sales positions.

For some roles compensation is a bit lower than other firms in Charlotte especially compared to the banks. However, the benefits, perks, and environment are much better.

"Inside Sales - Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started in sales at Red Ventures and have had the opportunity to grow and develop my career in the last few years. The Inside Sales Representative position was a great launch pad and I had a lot of good mentoring through my Performance Managers and was able to network with other people at RV. If you have the drive, you can make a lot of money and not having to cold call/go door to door makes things a lot easier. Also, the Inside Sales position is 40 hours a week. Most jobs claim to be, but then you have to go home and spend 10+ hours doing work. The only reason you would work more is if there is really high call volume (for which you are compensated and doesn't happen often) or you want to work overtime.

Cons

If you are not self-motivated, you'll have a hard time at RV. Opportunities are often afforded to people who seek them out, so don't expect anyone to just hand you promotions or PTO, but if you ask, you have a much better chance.

"Like No Other Place"

Current Employee - Anonymo in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymo in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere at Red Ventures is unrivaled. I have worked at 4 or 5 different companies in my career, and there is no other place like this. The casual dress code and easy demeanor of everyone from the CEO to a new hire make it a very comfortable place to be. No one is unapproachable and everyone has something to teach you. Whether working in the state of the art facility or playing in the bowling alley or basketball court, everything about Red Ventures is fun.

Cons

Parking can be a bear, but a new parking garage should alleviate that issue.
    Many employees have untracked vacation time, so sometimes I forget how much vacation I have left.
    Normally, I have nice clothes because I have to wear them for work. Since working here, I haven't been forced to buy any suits or ties. My wardrobe has suffered.

"SALES AGENT"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Red Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and people. Perks are amazing but going away fast as they grow.

Cons

Pay is only good if your a work horse and can do over time. not great for parents or closed schedules. promotions are very political. if your not one of the chosen or spend time with the other management out of work.

Advice to Management

bring back the pay that made us great and the culture we had.