KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Red Ventures

Engaged Employer

Red Ventures

Add a Review

Red Ventures Employee Reviews about "basketball court"

Updated Oct 23, 2020

Found 57 of over 1,443 reviews

3.8
Red Ventures CEO Ric Elias
Ric Elias
Pros
  • "Great people, fun work environment(in 58 reviews)

• "Bowling alley, subsidized meals, happy hours, unlimited/untracked PTO, indoor basketball court, tennis courts, beautiful campus just south of Charlotte(in 57 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not the most exciting problems, some people struggle with work/life balance(in 50 reviews)

• "Distance from charlotte to fort mill(in 35 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Featured Divisions of Red Ventures

What people are saying about Red Ventures

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Red Ventures and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "basketball court"

Return to all Reviews
    1. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
      5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Strategic Analyst Associate Program

Aug 5, 2020 - Strategic Analyst Associate Program in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent health benefits, cheap dental plan, free vision plan, 4% 401k matching on first 5% contributed, - Young, energetic environment with lots of recent graduates but also experienced C Suite execs - Bowling alley, subsidized meals, happy hours, unlimited/untracked PTO, indoor basketball court, tennis courts, beautiful campus just south of Charlotte - Excellent opportunities for advancement and compensation increases

Cons

- Depending on team, can work longer hours than a typical 9-5 - Commute if you live in South End/Uptown area of Charlotte to campus can be a hassle depending on time you arrive/leave

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

It depends on what type of person you are

Oct 23, 2020 - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have great benefits for employees such as insurance, on site novant branch (for minor stuff but still great), great cafeteria food priced at next to nothing, basketball court, tennis court, poker tables, great vacation/PTO and 401K options and are very laid back with dress code. Their main focus is culture and their employees so it can feel like a very great and progressive place to work for.

Cons

They push culture so much that it can interfere with your job and for people that are more on the quiet side it can be overwhelming to basically be forced into all these activities. Also, there is favoritism and that can be seen with promotions. You have to be involved socially and do a lot outside of your job to get promotion. Also, you will do a lot of work but compensation is not as high for a company that is so successful. I think this company is for a very specific type of person (outgoing, extrovert, someone who is willing to put themselves out there and work on more than just their job... the majority of people work till very late or work from home non stop), def not for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
      Current Employee

Your Mental Health Isn't Worth It - A Marketing (Not Sales) Perspective

Aug 21, 2020 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Campus Perks: Not sure how much these matter now since the company is entirely WFH retroactively, however, subsidized lunches were great to have. The fitness center is a nice touch as well. I've never had the opportunity to take any of the classes offered, however, because I didn't have much of a work life balance. Same goes for the basketball court, bowling area, ping pong tables, what have you. Portfolio: You get the opportunity to work with some really great brands like Bankrate and Healthline. There's also some partnerships the company works with as well. If you're looking for broad marketing experience across multiple industries there is variety at Red Ventures in terms of verticals. Talent Poaching: Some companies that seek to carry on the Red Ventures culture (often ex. Red Ventures employees that went off to work for or built their own companies) will poach you for your experience. So I guess your experience would count for something in this instance, as many companies know Red Ventures in the area for producing exhausted, mindless, and overworked fresh-out-of-college professionals.

Cons

Culture & Mentality: I'd advise steering clear of Red Ventures if you're looking for a meaningful marketing experience. One of the pillars of the company should be "it's not what you know but who you know", while there is a level of politics in almost every company, at RV it is grossly exacerbated. As an experienced hire, your experience is meaningless to the company. What matters most is how quickly you can get in with a 'throwing the football' mentality with senior leadership and how quickly you can carry a sense of arrogance instead of humility when you are faced with a challenge. Limited growth: Red Ventures often promotes from within, where experience and performance do not matter, but rather how good you get in with senior leadership. This results in poor skills from 2 years out of college students managing employees that have more experience than them. More often than not, this results in poor management direction. The managerial approach at Red Ventures is instilled to 'drive and push' as opposed to mentoring and coaching individuals for growth or identifying key opportunities for growth proactively and strategically push where needed. There's a heavy work imbalance between associates/ senior associates and leadership. More often than not, lower level employees are in the weeds whereas senior leadership becomes severely detached from the day-to-day. This often results in ridiculous internal asks from leadership that are time consuming and result in zero progress (ex. internal meetings and reviews are held to the utmost importance where half days are blocked off) Mental Health - I saw a similar review here regarding an analyst who reported suffering from mental health and work/life balance only to be told by senior leadership that the expectation is to work 60-90 hour weeks. I believe it. Red Ventures does not care about your mental wellbeing. If you voice any concern regarding workload, lack of resources, or challenges it is viewed as a weakness that is often exploited. I've seen talented, driven people fired just because they've asked how to best prioritize internal, never external facing or key business driving, tasks and then were blamed for lack of time management. I've personally experienced first hand bullying from senior leadership and been targeted as a minority at this company. If someone has been at the company for over 5 years they are held on a pedestal of self righteousness and cannot be at fault. While Red Ventures may claim to take allegations of mental illness seriously, I can assure you, they do not. From my previous experience working in marketing, this position has single highhandedly caused the most stress and the most mental sickness I've experienced. The level of toxicity and having to 'prove oneself to the team' and 'bolster more of your achievements to everyone' is not only mundane but makes employees feel like they are never good enough. It's quite genius, actually, if your employees never feel like they are good enough, they will strive harder for your approval and attention. I've had moments where I've went to the bathroom to sob after facing emotional abuse from not even the partners or clients we work on, but from the internal team itself. The TLDR here is, if you are looking for a company that wants to grow you instead of ring you out for all that you have, look for another large company experience in Charlotte where you have actual mentors and managers that train for personal excellence.

10 people found this review helpful
    4. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures

No thanks

May 31, 2020 - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Earning potential is high. Cool incentives, and office place (basketball court, beer garden, etc.)

Cons

“Personal coach” listens to every call, and critiques the life out of you . Horrible hours when first begin. Churn and burn

1 person found this review helpful
    5. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
      1.0

Associate - Digital Marketing

Apr 24, 2020 - Associate in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some of the smartest people to work with and lots of opportunity to learn skills through trial by fire. - Cafeteria with discounted foods so you can have lunch for $4 every day. - gym and basketball court on the campus (CLT) - The CEO is awesome at public speaking and will make you want to run through a brick wall for him.

Cons

There were times where my mental health was in jeopardy to the point where I contemplated jumping off the building just to get away from it all. The thought there was that my death might help current/future employees realize there is a systematic issue occurring within the organization. When I approached HR/Director level employees about my mental health concerns, the advice I was given was to “push through”. Speaking as someone who has dealt with multiple mental health hospitalizations in the past, this is ABSOLUTELY NOT the correct way to handle a situation like this. I was fortunate to leave before any permanent damage could happen but I worry deeply for current employees and anyone else who may join RV that struggles with stress/anxiety. As someone who joined RV as an experienced hire, the transition was not made easy. The onboarding process essentially consisted of a 1-2 week stretch followed by being given full control of accounts (very important big tech, high ad spend $+XXM per month type accounts). The expectation was a new hire was expected to know everything there is to know about features of accounts/tools and the company, essentially by themselves. Managers seemed to be more concerned with impressing upper management rather than fostering the growth of their talent. I could go on and on about how poorly middle management was at actually “managing” people but that would just be beating a dead horse. One thing I will note for anyone who is looking to work in a marketing role at RV, please know ahead of time that the expectation of hours worked is 60-90 hours per week (direct from the mouth of a current VP) and that you should “not be afraid” to work on the weekends. These expectations were not given from recruiting but it is valuable to know if work/life balance is important to you.

16 people found this review helpful

Red Ventures Response

People Operations Team

We are alarmed by this review and sincerely hope this person is getting support. Our top priority as an organization is to provide meaningful experiences for employees - and that starts with wellness. In addition to many company-sponsored health and wellness offerings, we provide a comprehensive employee assistance program which includes access to counselors who specialize in treating anxiety. We’re also proud to support many employee-led initiatives around mental wellness, including an internal community which encourages colleagues to share, ask questions, and most importantly, appreciate that we all seek support surrounding our mental well-being. We take this very seriously. Any time our HR team is alerted of employees who are struggling, we partner with them to provide appropriate help.

6. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Red Ventures - A Company Built on Culture

Nov 13, 2019 - Internal Accountant in Fort Mill, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

RV has an exceptional culture and an unbelievable facility. The main Red Ventures campus has a basketball court, multiple cafeterias, a mini-golf green, a workout facility, and much more. With this, CEO Ric Elias does biweekly "Red Talks" where he invites famous guests to the campus to interview in front of the company. All of these things made for a great experience at RV.

Cons

As an internal accounting intern, my group was largely very quiet and secluded, and at times I felt separated from the action that occurs in the busier buildings on the campus.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Entry Level Sales Role

Sep 17, 2019 - Energy Consultant in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company facilities, onsite gym and basketball court, subsidized food

Cons

Compensation plan changed monthly without much agent input

8. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pushy Sales Tactics

Aug 14, 2019 - Sales Professional in Fort Mill, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big campus, benefits, basketball court

Cons

- Unrealistic commission goals (seems to benefit only the top 20% of the sales center by a huge margin, below that and you'll only make base pay).

3 people found this review helpful
    9. Red Ventures - Sales | Division of Red Ventures
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Better on paper than in reality

May 20, 2019 - Sales Professional in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amenities: On-site cafes, bowling alley, tennis courts, gyms, and basketball court Compensation Package: Matched 401k, hourly plus commission, full benefits available

Cons

Never any time to use the amenities unless you go to work early or stay late. The commission per sale changes daily

10. Red Ventures - Digital | Division of Red Ventures
      Former Employee

Boring work, Poor leadership

Mar 25, 2019 - Digital Designer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cool campus, gym and basketball court

Cons

Poor leadership, no real coaching. senior designers and directors just take work they dont like and finish it themselves, no real teaching younger designers. Most of the work is production, very few real design opportunities.

5 people found this review helpful