RedBrick Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Dan Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best place I've ever worked"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treat their employees very well

Cons

Some changes to the job have happened over the past year that I feel I didn't sign up for

"Good outweighs the bad"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time

Pros

Great people and work/life balance is excellent.

Cons

More chaotic than it should be, as the company is 11 years old. Lack of opportunities to develop skills.

Advice to Management

Worry about building a better product and customer retention.

3. "Happy to go to work."

Current Employee - Confidential in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Confidential in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People, management, CEO. Excellent life work balance with 1-2 days WFH ok. Great PTO and holiday plans. No 401k match made up for in salary and company now profitable makes us all very positive.

Cons

Nothing I can think of yet.

Advice to Management

CEO is approachable and knows employees but should work more to socially promote why he's proud of his company.

4. "Good Company"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been here an almost year and the company is very open to self-care for their employees. Very supportive team and open to listening to employees. I enjoy my role with the company and people I work with.

Cons

No match 401k and benefits are so-so. I am not sure about career growth here, it appears they only promote certain employees, even if they don't have the background experience to do that role. This may be an issue, down the line. The company is still going.

5. "Start Up Environment, Awesome Co-Workers"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time

Pros

Redbrick Health continues to grow and profit as the company seems to increasingly separate itself from the other health tech competitors. With growth, the company seems to keep getting better with time.

All start-ups have bumps with growth. Sounds like majority of bad reviews come from former employees who were hard to please or couldn't hold down their job. The overall moral and rapport within the company is very high and most people enjoy their job and the work they do to help others be healthy.

The current CEO is down- to-earth and likable, unlike most corporate leaders

Cons

The typical struggle to please shareholders and clients like any job.

Merit/pay increases seem to be few and far between, I would hope this would change seeing that this is a tech company who is profiting.

Advice to Management

Merit increases should match the growth in cost of living and inspire associates to work harder because pay increase does matter to people - especially those not at executive level

"Not able to deliver on potential"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time

Pros

Great people - smart, hard working, supportive. Casual environment, flexible schedule.

Cons

Departments are very siloed, different groups have different priorities. Have difficulty delivering on promises to clients.

"Positive Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Much better work environment than at my previous job at a wellness organization. Nice office space in downtown Minneapolis, sitting/standing desks, lots of windows, access to skyways and a variety of food options. They have fruit delivered weekly so there are always apples, oranges, and bananas for snacks. Great coworkers, very supportive and friendly. A lot of talented people work here and I am always learning something new from them. Good benefits and competitive pay. Option to work from home part-time. Management supports employees taking care of themselves (i.e. access to wellness programs, on-site meditation room, free yoga classes offered several times a week).

Cons

No 401k match yet. Some growing pains of a startup company. Typical challenges of burnout from working in wellness.

"Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at RedBrick Health (More than a year)

Pros

Working towards more transparency, employee engagement and communication. Step in the right direction. Good PTO.

Cons

Not all leaders share the same vision around transparency, employee engagement and communication. Not all leaders have the capability or they lack trust in their employees to move in that direction.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction, however you really need to evaluate your current leaders and see if they fit in with the new vision.

"Fantastic Environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO/CFO and leadership are very open with employees about company successes and financials. Laid back environment, but there still expectations that you get everything done to your schedule. Intelligent, determined, passionate employees really help drive the "Help People Be Healthy" motto.

Cons

Communication between teams/areas of company can be a bit of a challenge, but interpersonal communication helps alleviate some of the negative. Best to work through managers and remember to stay diligent on something causing a block.

Advice to Management

Promote communication between teams, and keep exceeding expectations at managing. Very oriented group of managers.

"Visionary Start-up"

I have been working at RedBrick Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Redbrick Health is a 10 year old start-up company that is making an impression on the wellness industry. It is an agile organization that values employees work/life balance and works to create an open workplace. The CEO knows many of the employees by name and goes out of his way to chat with everyone.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to advance within the company. In the year that I have worked here, there have been 2 rounds of layoffs in which organizations have shrunk in order to meet the budget. The organizations are wide, not deep, meaning many individuals report to just a few managers. This makes it difficult to obtain more responsibilities or advance in your career. When positions do open up, it is highly competitive and you must be already know by the hiring manager to have a chance. This is probably true at any company, it's just that there are few positions available.