RedPeg Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Brad Nierenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employees are rewarded for their hard work and we celebrate along the way (in 4 reviews)

• It's an agency-- of course there are long hours, and unexpected hiccups, and unexpected challenges (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can sometimes be challenging (in 4 reviews)

• Despite being quite a lean/small company, there is a distinct lack of communication amongst the teams and the executives (in 2 reviews)

1. "Brand Ambassador Experience"

Pros

Communicated quickly and effectively, paid on time

Cons

none, had a pleasant experience

Sep 22, 2017 – HR

We're happy to see that you're satisfied with the level of communication you received. Our Talent Management team works diligently to ensure that all Brand Ambassadors have everything they need to... More

2. "Client Services Account Manager"

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time

Pros

Outside looking in, one of the coolest places to work. A great office space. A lot of fun stuff available for employees to participate in. The extracurricular activities are plenty, and there is a lot of cross-pollination of ideas amongst the different teams. There is also a lot of amazing clients that you as an employee, have an opportunity to work and network with. It also allows you to learn and work in a lot of different capacities - but that comes with a caveat. Work is interesting and fast-paced. You will learn a lot.

Cons

Horrible communication. Despite being quite a lean/small company, there is a distinct lack of communication amongst the teams and the executives. It is also a deceiving "clique-y" place to work. A lot of people feel like they are on the outside looking in despite them advertising it as the RedPeg "family". Managment definitely plays favorites, and transparency tends to fluctuate depending on managements mood. They expect a lot out of employees and if you don't necessarily "fit in" with their social cliques, you will be pushed out. Making friends here means keeping your job. Managment is unmoving and it is hard to rise through the ranks there because of that and size, hence high turnover of a lot of young and talented people heading to pastures greener. With the clientele they have, should expand or grow. They ask a lot of their team to multi-task and can be overwhelming in work/life balance (while not the worst case of this).

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and be transparent. When this is done, it comes across as a show or just to save face. Be genuine and upfront with the success and failures of employees.

Jan 16, 2018 – President

Thanks for your candid feedback. I’m sorry to hear about your perceived lack of transparency at the company. Though this is something we strive to perfect, both at quarterly meetings as well as in... More

3. "Discretion is the better part of valor"

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time

Pros

I will leave at that

Cons

Everybody knows who the favorites are, you are not fooling anyone no matter how smart you think you are

Advice to Management

You promote the wrong people

"Don't let them fool you"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for RedPeg for quite some time. The reason why I stayed for as long as I did was because of the culture and the amazing coworkers and clients.

Cons

I wish I left sooner. Although the coworkers and clients are amazing, the growth and the respect in that place is a joke. If you become the CEO/ senior management "favorite" you will go far and receive undeserving promotion. Or just a white male, look at their senior management team, there is no female or let alone diversity. The “California” office does not count. There is no flexibility and they don't hire within. Promotions don't come easy for the hardworking employees.

May 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your feedback and for the time and commitment you put into RedPeg. I want to continue to create an environment where people want to work, and am glad to hear you enjoyed the culture... More

"Check the positive review dates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many...but it's a good place for a young, naive candidates to get some fast experience. Older and more experienced people usually do not last very long.
    They advertise some amazing perks, but few usually come to fruition.

Cons

It's interesting to see so many positive reviews for this company around September of 2016. Looks like somebody in management found Glassdoor, saw multiple negative reviews and then encouraged employees to boost their ratings. Very typical behavior for this place. Don't believe what you see. There is zero work life balance, they do not pay well and they do not promote from within.
    Also, they have nearly 100% employee turnover every 1.5 years. That alone should be a huge red flag to anyone thinking about working here. Also, once you've been there for more than a week, you'll start to pick up on strong misogynistic tendencies.

Any current employees who post a positive review here, I'd be very skeptical of.

Advice to Management

Hire a real HR professional. But, I'm sure it's a strategic move not to so you can continue to do business in the manner in which you always have.

May 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your feedback and for your transparency. I am still relatively new to RedPeg (June marks one year), but I am always looking to evaluate and improve employee experiences at here at the... More

"Work Hard / Play Hard"

Current Employee - Client Services Director in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Director in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RedPeg Marketing takes care of its employees. Whether excellent benefits, team building activities, happy hours, and silly holiday fun, executives understand that agency work is a 24/7 job. Be careful of all the free lunches and treats, 'freshman 10' is a thing here. Employees are rewarded for their hard work and we celebrate along the way. We also have some great clients that really respect our work and trust our ability to do award-winning work.

Cons

As in any Agency environment, most employees are 'on-call' 24/7 with clients. The bulk of our events occur on weekends so you have to be able to be flexible to working hard througout the week. However, as mentioned above, management understands this and rewards appropriately. For example, birthday and anniversary gift cards are distributed to all employees!

Advice to Management

Keep training and building from within. Internal career growth and advancement is important to stability and growing the company.

Jun 1, 2017 – HR

We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your time at RedPeg, especially as our employees (and their happiness) are our priority. We also sincerely appreciate your flexibility with weekend work and... More

"Solid Base, On the Upswing"

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never worked at a place where everyone that visits comes in and says, "Wow, what a cool office you work in". And it's really true. It has all the hallmarks of a fun office-- ample outings, rewards, strong focus on company culture, beer fridge in the lobby, dogs on Fridays and so much more. But while these ancillary benefits are nice, RedPeg excels in providing professional challenge and value. It's an agency-- of course there are long hours, and unexpected hiccups, and unexpected challenges. But the company rolls and supports. I've always felt held up when things are tough and encouraged to do the same for others. The focus on People, Culture, Clients, and Growth rings true.

Cons

I think the same things that can make it fun, can also not be for everyone. The company skews younger, so although that isn't reflected in the professional maturity per se, it does affect the tone for social outings and the consumption at them. Stress is a reality and there's missed opportunities to provide additional work life balance during these times. The drive for revenue/business can sometimes overshadow its people, but never for too long.

Advice to Management

Connect with all levels personally. Be sure voices continue to be heard.

"Family Feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let's start with the work where we currently have a great client base and are creating really unique, award-winning work. The best part about working here though is the people. Everyone here works hard and it shows. Beyond that though, everyone has each other's back. From that standpoint, it feels like a family. You're supported and given plenty of opportunities to improve in your respective fields. You also have plenty of time for fun, whether it's a quarterly retreat, a company happy hour, or just a birthday celebration. We always make sure to celebrate the important things, which feels rewarding after all the hard work.

Cons

Like any company, you hear your share of negativity and whining. It can be a distraction, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive energy and the focus on culture. Ensure that the employees continue to feel appreciated and they'll continue to work hard for you.

Jun 1, 2017 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback. We work hard to make sure RedPeg is a place our employees enjoy working, as well as a place where they feel supported with room to grow professionally. We’re so... More

"Buyer Beware- Run, Run Far Away."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

The organization has had some great people that made it a fun place to work, at times.
    There is a small opportunity for great work.

Cons

*This isn't a 'sour grapes' type of review. My time at RedPeg was both wonderful and terrible. This is a warning, plain and simple.

The CEO and MANAGEMENT.

Lack of integrity
    There is a culture that is becoming increasingly inept at understanding how to run an agency and a basic understanding of how marketing actually works and how to treat employees and clients the right way.

This organization and the CEO is a great first date. It is glitz and saying all of the right things. By the second date, you realize that they will do whatever they can to use you, take advantage of you, do anything for a dollar and leave you sitting curled up on the floor in the shower shaking. This is true for how they treat both employees and CLIENTS.
    There is a lack of basic understanding for marketing, how to run an organization and how to treat people.

CLIENTS- buyer beware- Look into the history and the legal issues surrounding the organization.

Advice to Management

This is a sinking ship and you keep on creating more holes for water to get in. Your organization is not an opportunity for you to stroke your own ego and have an 'all boys club and fraternity fantasy football get together.'

"Hands on, real work"

Pros

Very casual feel around the office, from dress code to language. Gives you real hands on work with their clients as much as possible. Everyone always was willing to hear you out and point you in the right direction. The final project helps you bring everything you learned together and was extremely beneficial.

Cons

At times I found myself with little to no work. When I asked the coordinator, I was told they would find me work but never did. Had to go on tours around the office to find work. Besides that, no other complaints

Advice to Management

Make it clear who interns report too. Let interns go to the quarterly kickoff meeting, it would be great learning