RedPeg Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brad Nierenberg

Pros
  • The people are great, they care, they work hard, they deliver on what they promise (in 4 reviews)

• Employees are rewarded for their hard work and we celebrate along the way (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can sometimes be challenging (in 3 reviews)

• Big investments in 'senior management' without proper financial analysis (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Family Feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let's start with the work where we currently have a great client base and are creating really unique, award-winning work. The best part about working here though is the people. Everyone here works hard and it shows. Beyond that though, everyone has each other's back. From that standpoint, it feels like a family. You're supported and given plenty of opportunities to improve in your respective fields. You also have plenty of time for fun, whether it's a quarterly retreat, a company happy hour, or just a birthday celebration. We always make sure to celebrate the important things, which feels rewarding after all the hard work.

Cons

Like any company, you hear your share of negativity and whining. It can be a distraction, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive energy and the focus on culture. Ensure that the employees continue to feel appreciated and they'll continue to work hard for you.

"Work Hard / Play Hard"

Current Employee - Client Services Director in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Director in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

RedPeg Marketing takes care of its employees. Whether excellent benefits, team building activities, happy hours, and silly holiday fun, executives understand that agency work is a 24/7 job. Be careful of all the free lunches and treats, 'freshman 10' is a thing here. Employees are rewarded for their hard work and we celebrate along the way. We also have some great clients that really respect our work and trust our ability to do award-winning work.

Cons

As in any Agency environment, most employees are 'on-call' 24/7 with clients. The bulk of our events occur on weekends so you have to be able to be flexible to working hard througout the week. However, as mentioned above, management understands this and rewards appropriately. For example, birthday and anniversary gift cards are distributed to all employees!

Advice to Management

Keep training and building from within. Internal career growth and advancement is important to stability and growing the company.

"Don't let them fool you"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked for RedPeg for quite some time. The reason why I stayed for as long as I did was because of the culture and the amazing coworkers and clients.

Cons

I wish I left sooner. Although the coworkers and clients are amazing, the growth and the respect in that place is a joke. If you become the CEO/ senior management "favorite" you will go far and receive undeserving promotion. Or just a white male, look at their senior management team, there is no female or let alone diversity. The “California” office does not count. There is no flexibility and they don't hire within. Promotions don't come easy for the hardworking employees.

RedPeg Marketing Response

May 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your feedback and for the time and commitment you put into RedPeg. I want to continue to create an environment where people want to work, and am glad to hear you enjoyed the culture ... More

"Check the positive review dates"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not many...but it's a good place for a young, naive candidates to get some fast experience. Older and more experienced people usually do not last very long.
    They advertise some amazing perks, but few usually come to fruition.

Cons

It's interesting to see so many positive reviews for this company around September of 2016. Looks like somebody in management found Glassdoor, saw multiple negative reviews and then encouraged employees to boost their ratings. Very typical behavior for this place. Don't believe what you see. There is zero work life balance, they do not pay well and they do not promote from within.
    Also, they have nearly 100% employee turnover every 1.5 years. That alone should be a huge red flag to anyone thinking about working here. Also, once you've been there for more than a week, you'll start to pick up on strong misogynistic tendencies.

Any current employees who post a positive review here, I'd be very skeptical of.

Advice to Management

Hire a real HR professional. But, I'm sure it's a strategic move not to so you can continue to do business in the manner in which you always have.

RedPeg Marketing Response

May 16, 2017 – President

Thanks for your feedback and for your transparency. I am still relatively new to RedPeg (June marks one year), but I am always looking to evaluate and improve employee experiences at here at the ... More

"Buyer Beware- Run, Run Far Away."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

The organization has had some great people that made it a fun place to work, at times.
    There is a small opportunity for great work.

Cons

*This isn't a 'sour grapes' type of review. My time at RedPeg was both wonderful and terrible. This is a warning, plain and simple.

The CEO and MANAGEMENT.

Lack of integrity
    There is a culture that is becoming increasingly inept at understanding how to run an agency and a basic understanding of how marketing actually works and how to treat employees and clients the right way.

This organization and the CEO is a great first date. It is glitz and saying all of the right things. By the second date, you realize that they will do whatever they can to use you, take advantage of you, do anything for a dollar and leave you sitting curled up on the floor in the shower shaking. This is true for how they treat both employees and CLIENTS.
    There is a lack of basic understanding for marketing, how to run an organization and how to treat people.

CLIENTS- buyer beware- Look into the history and the legal issues surrounding the organization.

Advice to Management

This is a sinking ship and you keep on creating more holes for water to get in. Your organization is not an opportunity for you to stroke your own ego and have an 'all boys club and fraternity fantasy football get together.'

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - President in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - President in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Amazing people to work with who are committed to delivering for our clients.

Cons

I haven't found any yet.

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Csd in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Csd in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at RedPeg Marketing full-time

Pros

Fun culture, great teamwork, awesome people and leadership.
    Also, we get the week off between Christmas and New Years:)

Cons

Some crazy hours but, we work hard and play hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Intern"

Former Employee - Client Services Intern in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Client Services Intern in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of office parties and food

Cons

Poor supervisors to learn from. They acted too busy to teach you anything.

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Alexandria, VA

Pros

- Some employees were nice and passionate
    - Never had to stay late

Cons

- Management was rude
    - Employees were rude and frequently talked badly about field reps
    - Some managers were very impatient
    - Lack of company culture
    - EXTREMELY HIGH TURNOVER

Advice to Management

Brad, don't be such a condescending jerk, especially to interns.

"You want them to be good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I worked at RedPeg Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great. A lot of really good ones left (when senior management left all at once, it should have been a sign). The clients are good.

Cons

A lot of politics. People promoted because there was no choice. Bad senior hires. The owner micro manages. People have affairs with one another. Lots of bad mouthing the owner. People talking behind each others backs.

Advice to Management

You need senior level management that actually understand marketing and care about the company. The client works suffers. The creative team is never there-they make their own rules and noone manages them.