RedPrairie Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.1
RedPrairie Chairman and CEO Baljit S. Dail
Baljit S. Dail

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people at RedPrairie - good set of solutions - good focus (in 11 reviews)

• RedPrairie was a great place to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons

1. "Be clear who you want to be and how that vision will get funded"

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The team and leadership were solid. Very collaborative environment that permitted and embraced ideas and inputs to a prospect's business problem ... leading to improved product development

Cons

Product development was under capitalized when contrast with the objectives set forth by the leadership team to take on Manhattan.

Advice to Management

I hear much better things about the direction the current management is taking the company. The vibe on the street is much better, and you have a better CEO
    Be clear who you want to be and how that vision will get funded

2. "Support level 2"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

The regular employees are nice and try to help you

Cons

management keep making changes with teams, locations, assignment. That keeps the pressure unnecessarily high.

Advice to Management

Make plans for the next 2-3 years and stop making changes all the time.

"Was a great place, once upon a time; the JDA merger killed a good thing"

Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Development Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For most of us at the Alpharetta office of RedPrairie, we came from the old BlueCube acquisition for the retail solution. That was the perfect merger; RP stayed out of BC's way in terms of retail businesses. And things were great! The people were fantastic and it showed it employee retention and loyalty.

Cons

Then the JDA merger came along and while they called it a merger, it was a takeover by JDA. People with fancy titles having no clue what our products did were put in charge and they killed the free enterprise spirit. Development-wise, we were eons ahead and instead of encouraging it, they killed the spirit and dismantled the teams. Bad idea.

Advice to Management

Well, in some ways, it's too late. If people weren't laid off, most of the talent walked right out of the door. There are very few people from the old RP days left behind and most of them are new and can't push the product forward anymore.

4. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Nice people.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say. This was a good company to work for. They are bought out now by JDA. I left before that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Wide variety of software and consulting services provided"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

International portfolio of clients. Wide and deep product portfolio. Lots of variety of assignments for employees. Kept filling pipeline. High involvement in User Group Community.

Cons

Trained employees on customers' billing time. Project Managers rarely certified during employment. Poorly defined separation of duties between project teams and Help Desk personnel.

"I learned a lot at RedPrairie, but there are some frustrations I had."

Former Employee - Master Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Master Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. I learned more at RedPrairie then I've learned at most jobs. I worked with MOCA, C, Java, C#, shell scripting, SQL, Unix and Windows. Their supply chain package is one of the most customizable and flexible with the MOCA architecture, DDA's, and report writer.
    2. I worked with integration and multiple versions of several different WM packages.
    3. There are a lot of good people at RedPrairie that care about doing a good job.
    4. There is good training available and I took several week long classes.
    5. The salary was ok. I did get a bonus for extra hours worked.

Cons

1. When I made suggestions to improve the product, product help, or documentation, it seems like some people did not want to listen or accept feedback.
    2. You basically have to work about 1 or 2 levels above your job title sometimes. I found myself doing a lot of checking and rechecking of functional designs from Project Leaders and some Project Leaders don't want to listen when their designs aren't written well or have mistakes.
    3. Sometimes it was frustrating to be pulled on and off projects. One project I was pulled onto about 4 times, each time I did some work and then I wasn't given anything on that project for weeks, just to be pulled back on again.

Advice to Management

Listen to the opinions and suggestions of the Master Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers that are customizing and implementing the product for clients. The Product teams have too much control and it seems like ideas to improve the products get rejected or ignored from the guys and gals in the field actually working with the product. Also improve support. The help desk should be more responsive to customers and every other email shouldn't be a request for a trace file and then a response days later that it isn't an issue - when the issue is obvious. Way too many times did I have to spend a back and forth email battle with the Help Desk or the Product team about a bug - even when I found the issue in the trace file and the source code and pointed it out.

7. "Best Job Ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is GREAT! Redpairie offers competitive salaries. The people are amazing to work with. It has a laid-back feel but is an extremely fast paced environment.

Cons

Layoffs due to JDA Software Group merger. The new CEO of JDA is bound to change the culture of Redprairie. Leadership at JDA Software Group seem extremely snobbish and arrogant, and don't seem to care about the people at the company.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time

Pros

Good DDD design. Good agile practices. Good people. Good work-life balance. Latest tools.

Cons

Company has declared that 70% of all jobs must be outsourced after it merged with JDA Software. Total staff demotivation. Do not bother applying for work at this company (unless you live in India).

Advice to Management

Congratulations on completing the merger with JDA Software. It should present a compelling value proposition to the clients and also the investors.

9. "Flexible, but chaotic work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home
    Friendly co-workers
    Robust, marketable software

Cons

Last-minute assignments & travel (usually on a bad project)
    No onboarding
    Several re-orgs in a short timeframe

Advice to Management

None

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at RedPrairie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RedPrairie is a wonderful company to work for. They have a relaxed environment and NO CUBICLES, but instead open desk areas. There hours are flexible and this means that you can have a great work/life balance. Everyone that I have met thus far is so inviting, welcoming, and friendly. From the point you walk into the doors you feel like you are part of a team.

Cons

Meetings-- everyday, twice a day, sometimes all day. Its very meeting heavy and somehow it still means that there is a lack of communication between departments when trying to keep products consistent.