RedPrairie Reviews | Glassdoor

RedPrairie Chairman and CEO Baljit S. Dail
Baljit S. Dail
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people at RedPrairie - good set of solutions - good focus (in 11 reviews)

• RedPrairie was a great place to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons

1. "RedPrairie used to be wonderful, prior to JDA merger"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at RedPrairie full-time

Pros

I loved RedPrairie. I had great co-workers: smart, passionate, loyal and supportive - most had been there 10 years+, surviving several mergers. Until JDA.

I was happy with my office environment, my expenses were promptly reimbursed, my boss was brilliant and fair and as a whole, the company was well run. Some reviewers mentioned developers having to create features already promised by the sales force, but that's not unusual; yes, we worked long hours, and traveled a great deal, but that is the nature of the Professional Services industry. I feel we were compensated well and we were able to work from home at times. I've seen way worse!

Cons

Sadly, JDA bought RedPrairie in 2012. About half the employees in my office were cut before the purchase was even announced, many of whom were the backbone of this company. Instead of retraining or restructuring dedicated workers with long-term, established client relationships, JDA cut everyone loose. The handful that they kept were all gone within a few months.

Advice to Management

I don't know what could be done now, except to hire back some of those RedPrairie employees. JDA has alienated people with one of the worst mergers ever, but RedPrairie clients are incredibly loyal folk, so who knows.

2. "Great place to work until merged with JDA"

Pros

Great people and awesome work environment. Loved coming to work every day.

Cons

Once RedPraire was merged with JDA things went straight downhill. One of the worst work environments ever.

3. "Good Pay, Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Training Intern in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Training Intern in Waukesha, WI

Pros

The pay was good. Gained good Microsoft office experience, outside of that not much meat to their intern program.

Cons

Manager was not the strongest and very little culture was present that made it worthwhile to stick around. When I left a much better manager was in place and they were acquired. Could be much better now...

4. "Support level 2"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

The regular employees are nice and try to help you

Cons

management keep making changes with teams, locations, assignment. That keeps the pressure unnecessarily high.

Advice to Management

Make plans for the next 2-3 years and stop making changes all the time.

5. "QA Analyst"

Former Employee - QA Analyst
    Former Employee - QA Analyst

Pros

Telecommuting and co workers in office

Cons

Very top heavy organization in management.

Advice to Management

employee retention

6. "Employee benefit"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at RedPrairie (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employer did implement various policies for employees with the purpose of stabilizing employees movement after recent merger.

Cons

Lack of communication keeping employees on the tract of the overall direction of company future plan

Advice to Management

Be open to employees and be willing to listen to all employees for different feedback.

7. "Enjoyed My time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharette, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharette, GA

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really enjoyed working with everyone. Great work and life balance. Worked really hard and long hours due to the small teams at the time, but the work we produced was something to be proud of.

Cons

Small teams, pay a little below average for the responsibilities asked of you. Hard to make moves up the ladder, slow at promoting.

8. "Good place to work"

Pros

Good products, strong services, great people.

Cons

Political environment got to be too much

9. "Be clear who you want to be and how that vision will get funded"

Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The team and leadership were solid. Very collaborative environment that permitted and embraced ideas and inputs to a prospect's business problem ... leading to improved product development

Cons

Product development was under capitalized when contrast with the objectives set forth by the leadership team to take on Manhattan.

Advice to Management

I hear much better things about the direction the current management is taking the company. The vibe on the street is much better, and you have a better CEO
    Be clear who you want to be and how that vision will get funded

10. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at RedPrairie full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customers of RedPrairie aka JDA that I expereinced of JDA were great to work as were most employees. Benefits were good and expenses were promptly paid.

Cons

I'm not familiar with the current testing or sales team practices of JDA. When I worked for RedPraire the sales team sold smoke and mirrors by promising the customer features that were not available in the solution. As part of the project team, we had to go in and tell the customer what was and what was not a working feature. Additionally, QA was a loosely used term.

Advice to Management

A business based on a solid product will earn more loyal customers and increase revenue. Look at Mac compared to all the other Intel based products.