Redbox FSR1 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Erik Prusch

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is struggling to figure it out (in 15 reviews)

• Some issues would be that there is no real room for advancement or department change if you do not live in Oak Brook, Illinois (in 4 reviews)

1. "Happy employee"

I have been working at Redbox full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and good benefits

Cons

Working outdoors during bad weather

2. "redbox"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Jackson, TN

I have been working at Redbox full-time

Pros

Good local supervisor, very recognizable product and kiosk. Everywhere and any where but not for long

Cons

Too much work for such an easy job, maximum 25 kiosk per day means 15 minutes per kiosk in 4 day week. It is dying folks. Only time will tell if redbox will be around not as kiosk based product.

Advice to Management

Let us know what happens after this purchase. Help us understand that technology changes disrupted the kiosk business, not merchandisers trying to do the right job under a lot of pressure.

"Slowly Decaying and starting to smack of deperation."

Former Employee - FSR1 in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - FSR1 in Fresno, CA

Pros

Partly flexible, not hard and pay is better than minimum wage.

Cons

Growth has stopped and the company is in decline, they are now looking to satisfy shareholders by squeezing their employees.
    They have cut mileage rates and service time for kiosks, they now expect employees to do 50% more work for around the same amount they were earning three years ago.
    No room for improvement or development in most field markets.

Advice to Management

Executives aren't staying around long enough to take advice, the boardroom has been a revolving door for the last 5 years.

Redbox Response

Aug 1, 2016 – HR Representative

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time here. Our mileage reimbursement program for our field operations team is designed to accurately and fairly reimburse the cost of owning and ... More

"FSR1"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Outstanding benefits and flexible schedule

Cons

Company is struggling to say lucrative

"Was great, now it's sinking!"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Harrodsburg, KY
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Harrodsburg, KY

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, work on your own

Cons

Driving your own car, milage reimbursement

Advice to Management

Stop doing retarded promotions and focus on your employees that actually do the work!!!!

7. "FSR1--company going downhill"

Former Employee - FSR1

I worked at Redbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The only positive used to be working your own hours. They track you every move now and clearly don't trust anyone. They shame you into working without adding tI'm to your paycheck.

Cons

Upper management thinks this is more than an entry level position. Constant changes coming down about how to merchandise from people who have never left an office. Every week there's a new step you have to follow because nobody in management trusts you. They won't allow for extra time in your paychecks though. This company is going downhill and everyone can see it.

Advice to Management

Give back the freedom to reps because it was the only thing keeping employees happy. If you want to make decisions than come try them out yourself. It's obvious that you don't trust anyone which is a terrible way to manage. This really is an entry level position and nothing more. Being a rep nobody really cares about this job because there's nowhere to move up in the field. You should ask questions like what would work best before making decisions that never work or make sense.

"FSR1"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Redbox started out in North TX really great. Real teamwork and excitement over building a new business. Lots of lasting friendships were made and everyone worked really hard to help grow the company. Upper mgmt actually listened to suggestions - since we were the ones actually doing the work and they were sitting in an office in Chicago. Benefits were great too.

Cons

About 2 yrs in, Coinstar bought them out and everything changed. Micro managing began and promises weren't kept. Trust was a thing of the past. Upper mgmt never worked in the field and therefore hadn't a clue what it was like. THEY determined how long it should take to service a machine and we in the field KNEW how inaccurate that was. Then they let a computer figure out our routes for us. We were doing just fine on our own. Anyway...... that was a long time ago and several other companies have bought them since then. I loved my job, but hated the impersonal atmosphere it took on. However, I lasted 7 years.

Advice to Management

This management is unknown to me, but they are probably similar to those who came before and they don't listen to advice. Only those managers in the very beginning took suggestions. Didn't always use them, but at least listened. They are somewhat successful, so who am I to try to offer advice. However, I'm sure the wheel will turn again and someone else will buy them out and the cycle will continue. Applicant beware!

9. "good"

Current Employee - FSR1 in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - FSR1 in Evansville, IN

Pros

good job overall i like it

Cons

oakbrook terrace controls it all

good

"FSR"

Former Employee - FSR1

Pros

I could watch all the new release movies a week before they were in the stores.

Cons

The planed routes and time allotted per machine was not realistic. My operatiarations manager was always dropping the ball leaving me in a lurch to pick up the slack. I was a fun at first but then Corprate started taking over.

Advice to Management

I proposed that Redbox should of started producing some of its own movie content but Corporate said spending money was out of the question. Spend some money or what Redbox did to BlockBuster is going to happen all over again.

"Great work life balance"

Current Employee - FSR1

I have been working at Redbox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work basically when you want. Easy job. If you love watching movies it's cool. Great team. Never a dull day. You never sit in one place for long

Cons

Use your own car.
    I think the pay could be a little more considering all the extra tasks they have use do. Corporate doesn't give a lot of notice on projects. So no time for planning