Reddit "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Reddit Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

3.7
Reddit CEO Steve Huffman
Steve Huffman
Pros
  • "We also have really great benefits(in 7 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "It's clear that the People team is barely managed by individuals who are consistently absent and who take credit for other people's work(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Made the right choice coming here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reddit full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a unique time to be apart of Reddit. We have millions of users, but there is still so much to build! It is super refreshing to have an Engineer at the helm who is transparent with employees no matter what level they are or what team they are apart of. Also, I like being apart of an org where my coworkers are uncompromisingly themselves. I like being myself at work. Thanks, Reddit! We also have really great... benefits... thanks HR!

Cons

This is a start-up. We work hard and are comfortable with being uncomfortable. Reddit is not for the complacent or the unadaptable. If you aren't excited by the idea of leaving your comfort zone, might be the wrong place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep management updated on company wide changes. More data = less questions = happiness.

Reddit2018-05-23

"clown show"

I have been working at Reddit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits for a startup

Cons

The product leadership is extremely unfocused, non-strategic and political. The CEO is aware of the problems and doesn't take action. Competitors like Facebook eat our lunch. Reddit has so much potential but won't succeed with its current leaders.

Advice to Management

Know your limits.

Reddit2019-06-15

"Out of touch, struggling to innovate"

I have been working at Reddit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, seems like gaining increased traction in marketplace

Cons

Product innovation just doesn’t seem innovative. It’s always a game of catch up and trying to gain parity with the powerhouses of google and facebook/ instagram. Remembering the human is a core value of reddit but many in management seem to have one track minds which can lead to toxicity in the company.

Advice to Management

Be more authentic and transparent with employees. Instead of just saying you care, make sure actions follow suit.

Reddit2019-04-20

"Awesome and exciting place to be"

I have been working at Reddit full-time

Pros

-Reddit is going through a lot of transition and it is exciting to be involved -Employees are passionate, supportive, inclusive and smart -People want to be there -They generally go above and beyond and offer great benefits -Good work life balance -CEO is open, progressive and accessible

Cons

People are not always recognized for their work

Reddit2018-01-19

"Avoid if you value your mental health"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Reddit full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great benefits - Your work is recognized - Office is in tenderloin, which is an interesting walk to work

Cons

- Culture is extremely clique-y - Coworkers will try to bring you down and talk badly about you to management to get a better title/salary - Co-founders are clueless to the issues in company and are adult children - Zero work life balance

Advice to Management

- Lawyer up

Reddit2017-03-26

"Changing and fast"

I have been working at Reddit full-time

Pros

The founders are back. It is making a huge difference. Product advancements are being made. Infrastructure is being built. Smart, funny, quirky people are joining. It is a place that is evolving. If you wanna have an impact and build something really big and work on a foundational internet community, this is the place for you. Great benefits. Relaxed culture. The work is dynamic, fast paced. It feels exciting to be... at Reddit right now. We bringing a classic past the present and into the future.

Cons

Like I said. It is a place that is evolving. If you like/need airtight process, forms, handbooks and pre-made presentation templates this isn't for you. Reddit feels like start-up. There isn't any hand holding. You have to hit the ground running.

Advice to Management

Please keep reinforcing our new mission and vision. If stops being a part of our lives, meetings, OKRS, it'll will be just another time-wasting marketing exercise.

Reddit2016-03-01

"great, until it wasn't. Pay is not great, but benefits are nice."

I have been working at Reddit full-time

Pros

Working at reddit. Huge user base and potential that's still growing. Really top-notch engineers. They got great benefits though they are cutting back. You will probably be reassigned to a new position in a couple months (possibly a "promotion" of sorts).

Cons

Management is opaque & secretive. They will suddenly change directions every so often. Also, they are fond of stealthy layoffs. One day, your teammate will just disappear with little to no explanation and your project in limbo. Instability appears to be because of squabbles within upper management. Also, you are not likely to get much or any raises, so keep that in mind. Quote from a lead investor about the... company, "reddit is very cost efficiently run" and he wasn't talking about the servers.

Advice to Management

Don't need to be so secretive. Also, it make no sense to layoff talented people just because their reddit-specific title is doesn't match up with the standard HR titles. They can be be reassigned to new projects!

Reddit2015-03-04