Redis Labs Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Redis Labs CEO Ofer Bengal
Ofer Bengal
  1. Featured Review

"Great Comp;any with Tremendous Growth"

Current Employee - SDR in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Product-Collaborative environment. Money spent on good sales tools to help in prospecting the right personas. As long as you're doing the work, you will be given the time and coaching needed to be successful and promoted should you choose. Great time to join as we're hiring in all areas of the company.

Cons

With growth comes change. You need to be open and flexible to change.

Advice to Management

Open- Work Environment is not the best environment to focus on the job in front of you. Data show's that this experiment started by Silicon Valley companies has proven to be less productive.

Redis Labs2018-12-17

"Opportunity to contribute in high performing team"

Current Employee - Data Quality Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great org that is focused on delivering superior product to market. Thoughtful management environment dedicated to employee improvement. Fun team!

Cons

Like any startup environment, important to identify the urgent + important tasks and not get stuck on the urgent tasks that are less important. Not too many cons though.

Redis Labs2019-10-23

"Amazing Company (Exception: Marketing)"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent product that is very well received by our audience. Excellent customer list. One of the most talented group of engineers and sales personnel I've been part of. Company valiantly strives to be fun for employees. Majority of executive leadership is reasonable, experienced, and friendly.

Cons

Open floor plan is distracting. New marketing leadership team is combative and unstructured. There's not direction or cohesion, but rather politics, posturing and terrible morale - perhaps as a result of the constant team turnover. It would appear that neither of the two CMOs Redis Labs has hired know how to build and retain teams. Their miracle solution of ABM has been anything but, and results are nowhere in sight.... Career prospects are limited. Rude, aggressive personalities are not censured for their outbursts. HR leaders are passive at best. Benefits could be improved.

Advice to Management

Do better due diligence when replacing executives. Conduct routine quarterly check-ins to ensure new executives are meeting expectations. Determine how best to deal with rude, aggressive personalities within the offices, as productivity is waning and attrition in one department is triple any of the other departments.

Redis Labs2019-11-08

"Marketing is fine, calm down"

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has a great outlook, generally good place to work. Good work/life balance, good benefits, leadership cares and generally nice people. Also whoever wrote that stay away from marketing review is clearly bitter because they were bad at their job. The mass exodus they are referring to... people who are lazy/complacent leaving because they were in a cushy position with previous leadership. Now they're being asked... to actually think, do some work and they are being held responsible for actually providing leads to Sales instead of faking numbers.

Cons

There are still some hard parts. It's a start up so things are still being figured out, there are still bumps and there are a lot of new faces, which means there's a lot of onboarding that still needs to happen... and the onboaring process isn't great.

Advice to Management

Give a little more direction to what people should be working towards. It would help the new faces too.

Redis Labs2019-10-14

"Redislabs is a Rocket ship, get on while you still can"

Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company cares about it's employees as much as they value their best clients. I have seen the compassion and empathy first hand despite the fact we are in a fiercely competitive market. All management is extremely available and are always willing to help. Redislabs is a company that should be on the redar for anyone looking to work hard, but with huge potential to grow professionally and financially

Cons

Our open source roots and huge community is both a blessing and a curse. After we beat the competition we have to compete with the vast amount of companies who sell Redis OSS and make a profit mostly on our dime.

Advice to Management

Keep it up folks. I trust the decision making and trust they will continue to allow me to drive massive value for my customers.

Redis Labs2019-05-23

"Fantastic Sales Team"

I worked at Redis Labs full-time

Pros

Great product. Decent work-life balance, the sales team is fantastic, the leadership team is supportive of bettering yourself and your skills personally and professionally.

Cons

High turnover rate, especially in the marketing department.

Redis Labs2019-03-01

"Great company! Great culture! Great product!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Redis DB needs no introduction to anyone in Tech industry today. The fact that you are part of Redis family is a feeling of pride in itself. Plus, you will be working on Enterprise solution for Redis too. Some reasons you would want to continue/start working at Redis Labs are: - HUGE customer base with some BIG names in it - Great company culture and diversity - It has people from Israel, Russia, France, USA,... India, UK and many other countries. - Focus on personal development and learnings - You get quarterly tasks to enhance your personal skills apart from work and your bonus is tied to it. You get random quizzes and questions and are encouraged to take part in those. - Amazing culture - Every Wednesday catered lunch, Every Friday happy hour, Almost daily breakfasts in office, celebrate all festivals from all parts of the world in office. - Helpful and easy-to-approach Management - Good Perks. - They actually take care of its employees. Best in class work-life balance.

Cons

Company is going through some BIG changes and growing rapidly (and has the potential both in its management and product) to be the next Google, Amazon etc., so facing challenges any other growing company would do. But they are doing good to tackle them and not have any adverse effects on their employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Redis Labs2018-12-04
  8. "Great work place with great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Young and dynamic with huge potential. Has very big names in its customer base. - Very good atmosphere at the office - Feels that they do everything they can to make their employees happy - Very interesting product that keeps growing and creating opportunities - The company keeps growing and expanding worldwide but still feels like a big family

Cons

When it comes to benefits, company still feels like a small, growing company. If you're expecting Facebook/Google/Apple benefits, that's not the right place for you. But if you're looking to join a company that has a potential to become HUGE in the future, RedisLabs is the right choice.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people and taking care of your employees like you do!

Redis Labs2018-11-28

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

- No politics! Seriously! - Cohesive Leadership, who have a transparent, information-is-for-all philosophy - Huge customer base, major opportunity for this company - A lot of effort is expended to make employees feel like they matter - It's nice to see the amount of internal promotions Redis Labs encourages in its employees

Cons

I've yet to find any real "cons" about working at Redis Labs. There is a huge amount of work to be done, but it's to be expected where we're at in our lifecycle. The people make this place a wonderful place to be.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've built a stellar team, and your open attitudes and philosophy make this a refreshing

Redis Labs2018-06-25

"Super smart people who aren't just in Silicon Valley makes Redis Labs a great company to work for"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Redis Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

As part of the Solutions Architect team (aka presales/postsales aka technical sales aka solution engineer), my team is all over the world and coming from a very diverse set of backgrounds. I feel challenged every day to get smarter so I can contribute to the conversation. On top of that, the in-memory-compute space is continuing to evolve as demands from IoT, ML, and mundane topics like customer experience,... anti-counterfeit, supply chain diversion, etc continue to expand. Net net, it is exciting to be in the middle of all this.

Cons

If you don't/can't work from one of the offices (Mountain View, London, Tel Aviv) you need to be self motivated and either comfortable working with people you can't see or be open to working with people you can't see.

Redis Labs2018-05-21