Redwood Logistics Reviews

Updated Mar 24, 2021

3.8
Redwood Logistics CEO Mark Yeager (no image)
Mark Yeager
Pros
  • "Redwood provided me with the opportunity and training to work in the ever expanding field of logistics(in 20 reviews)

• "New upper management open to learning and have made positive changes(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Unfortunately the nature of the business leads to long hours and some stressful situations which can impact employee stamina in the long run(in 11 reviews)

• "No cons for Redwood at this time(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Fast Paced Company That's on the Move

Mar 24, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Strategically investing in employees and departments - Developing and marketing innovative tech products that are industry leading - Great culture that stays true to the core values - Continued philanthropic focus while having fun

Cons

- The tranpsortation industry is intense in the post-Covid environment and not for the faint

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You will compete with everyone, even with your own team.

Nov 19, 2020 - Carrier Sales and Operations in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really cool work environment. - Management are really supportive and are always there to support you in anything. You can ask as many questions as you want and you will always find an answer. - You will get a chance to meet really fun people.

Cons

- seniors carrier sales have better tools than you that help them cover there draw and make there commissions. Don’t expect that you will be able to book a good paying load based of your outgoing phone calls. All the money loads are posted to their direct phone number. You will always get the lift overs. You will know what exactly do I mean when the time comes. - It can be stressful, and you can get burned out easily. -Forget working 8 hours days or 40 hours week. If you decide to leave on time, your leader will look at you as you left early. You will always need to cover your teams loads before you go home. - After you get out of “ training pod” you will be pushed to hit you draw, working on a Saturday will be suggested, but on a pushy way. - Redwood is a private business. The list of names of who will get promoted to management is already written in the back books. Therefore, don’t be expect a career with any promotions.

3. 4.0

Laid back atmosphere

Mar 17, 2021 - Solutions Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

cool people cooperative team and supportive environment

Cons

culture in the knowledge services department could use some working on, but its still great

Be the first to find this review helpful

Redwood Logistics Response

Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear you have positive things to say about the team dynamic. We will continue to explore ways to improve culture for you and your peers to make your experience at Redwood more rewarding!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Redwood lost its loving feeling

Feb 9, 2021 - Information Technology in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Flexibility to work remotely * if you like constant change, you’ll get it here * Co-workers & team (we were all in it together ... the good and the bad). * the culture (prior to 2019)

Cons

* Leaders didn’t communicate which lead to lack of guidance. I like being autonomous and self-driven in my work but with lack of communication (1-on-1, department, written) I really felt on my own. * Too many leadership changes which didn’t make you feel invested in work and the above point didn’t help. * Lack of professional improvement. Last two years I was there, my requests were either completely ignored or denied. This was despite the fact leadership said they were going to invest in this. As were my employees’ s requests. * Lack of culture (2019 to present). I know there are teams that really have that but my department didn’t. Too many changing faces and lack of leadership driving it and it basically felt like you were just punching the faceless clock. * Project Management was a complete mess, driving off the PM’s to greener pastures elsewhere. * My last two years I put in an insane amount of hours to make sure I got the job done. Requests for help didn’t do much. I’d get this in return: “The business needs this done or ... (insert job on line, CI is watching this, etc)”; “It’ll slow down after this project”; “Prioritize!” “Oh, wait, change that priority! This is more important now.” With each project nothing changed. It was more of the same.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0

Ok place to work

Mar 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing and unique culture.

Cons

If you do not like open desk space, loud music, and booze, it is not for you.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Easy to get in hard to make it

Feb 9, 2021 - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They do a good job of investing in you. They put you in a good position to sell.

Cons

Long hours. If you are not getting to that next level where you are making a lot of money get out.

7. 4.0

High pressure

Oct 16, 2020 - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers, friendly people. You get out what you put in.

Cons

High pressure to perform. PE owned only adds to fire.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hard, Hard Grind

Nov 10, 2020 - Carrier Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can be lucrative if you put in the years, company culture is fun and the music is good. Leadership is strong and can be supportive if you reach out.

Cons

Misleading the time and effort that's required for success. Compared to other sales, the industry is very transactional. Put employees in uncomfortable situations. They'll give up on you easily, high turnover position

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

From File Clerk to Director

Nov 27, 2019 - Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Redwood back in 2010 as file clerk making an hourly wage. Within 3 months, I was on salary. They saw potential in me that I didn't see at the time. It wasn't long before I realized this 'job' could be a career. I started to develop this passion for the job that I hadn't had elsewhere before. I was doing and creating work that I could be proud of. I also get to work with people I like and feel the same way I do about the job. My boss has a level of integrity that I both admire and respect. I went from file clerk to Director of my department within years of being at Redwood. This is 100% because of the work I put into it. That's something I'm always going to be proud of.

Cons

I would like to see a 'Work From Home' option once in a while. A better retirement plan (contribution) **Pay** (I will never be complacent about the salary I get) Benefits (health insurance) could always get better.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Environment, Solid Growth Potential

Jan 23, 2020 - Carrier Procurement Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

My previous company was acquired by Redwood, and while those transitions typically can be difficult, it has been a very positive experience. The environment on the floor is electric, the people are great...... very easy to work with. I work on the procurement side, which can breed contempt from rep to rep due to the competitive nature of the job, but there is a real sense of team here. Everybody, more or less, is on the same page, which is refreshing. There are also multiple avenues in which an employee can grow in terms of career mobility. There's also a lot of different branches of the company......so if you find you're an employee that is struggling in whichever department you may be in, I've seen firsthand that Redwood doesn't just cut you loose, they'll look to find the best fit within the company. Overall, i have been very happy in my experiences here.

Cons

Any way you look at it, RW is a freight brokerage, if you've worked at one, and you just hate the line of work, that's not going to change.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews