Reebok Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Reebok President Matt OToole
Matt OToole

Pros
  • Work/life balance is valued, and managers do not make you feel guilty for needing to leave to attend to your family or personal life (in 28 reviews)

• Great work environment, Discount, ability to move up in company, Cross company discounts and employment opportunities (Reebok/Adidas/TaylorMade) (in 20 reviews)

Cons

"Life sucking place to work"

Current Employee - Designer in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Designer in Canton, MA

I have been working at Reebok full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounts, travel, and nothing else

Cons

Terrible upper managment and directors, people in decision making positions don't understand product or culture, it's laughable. Directors dont direct. Cost is top priority, good product is at the bottom. Lower pay then competitors. If you want to create something new, don't come here. Zero growth potential, managerso don't care about growing young designers
     Wrong people get promoted for wrong reasons.

Advice to Management

Replace yourselves with competent people

2. "Not so human after all"

Current Employee - Brand Communications Manager in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Brand Communications Manager in Canton, MA

I have been working at Reebok full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great workout facilities and gym area. The employee discount program on all athletic apparel and foot ware is a great bonus. Free parking for commuters is available on campus.

Cons

Limited opportunities for employee growth and mobility towards upper management positions. Long hours and strict vacation policies make the working environment seem harsh and overly intense.

Advice to Management

Be More Human

"No career path and German controlled"

Former Employee - Director in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Canton, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounts, work-life balance, fitness center with equipment to borrow (bikes, snowshoes, etc), casual dress, massage, physical therapy, dry cleaning, hair salon, young culture

Cons

Very flat organization with little room to grow especially if you're in a global position for adidas-Group. All senior management positions are primarily run out of Germany or your boss will be in Germany dictating what you should do. Promotion opportunities are not based on merit and track record but based on whether you're willing to travel, relocate, or are a close buddy of Senior Management.

Advice to Management

Don't be so location focused. You are losing talent simply because they're not in Germany yet the US market is sinking year after year. If you hire young people, you need good solid managers to guide them. Motivation and brand loyalty requires appreciation of employees at every level and leading by example.

5. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlantic City, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Atlantic City, NJ

I worked at Reebok (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no viable pros

Cons

Boring, monotonous work. Management is rude

6. "Low Class Workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place. Even the executives are low class. You should find a job somewhere else. Mandatory Overtime is good for your wallet (unless you are on salary).

Cons

The place is terrible to work for. People will lie about you and treat you like dirt. Pay is terrible and always have to worry about getting laid off.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and promoting people who are scum of the earth. This is the worst place in the world to work at.

7. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Pros

Friendly coworkers can't think of anything good.

Cons

Terrible hours at Least where I live. Pay minimum wage. Everyday is slow.

"Manager/Supervisor"

Former Employee - Manager/Supervisor in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Manager/Supervisor in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Reebok (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance & discount. Paid holidays, vacations (if you get them). Honestly it does not have any pros except that it's in a mall

Cons

So disorganized & sexist. I'm a female with more than 5 years retail experience. All the other managers got paid more than me except another female manager and I came from a store worth more than 5x the reebok at the philadelphia outlets. Training was awful. I asked to get taken off the 401k and insurance and they never did. When I was on vacation they dropped all full-time employees to part time and didn't tell me until I got back from vacation and gave me a 36 hour notice of when it will be in effect. My pay got cut in half, no more paid holidays, vacation days, insurance, nothing at all. They knew for about a week and didn't tell me. Higher management was so dysfunctional. Worst retail experience I've ever had, made me ashamed to say I worked there. I was so miserable.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: quit while you're ahead. Complain to HR, because other management will put you on the back burner and so will corporate

"Multi Store Mamager"

Former Employee - Mall General Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mall General Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reebok was once a great place to work. It was fun and very people oriented. Great work - life balance, benefits, and discounts.

Cons

Once adidas took over and moved its upper management in the fun stopped. Constantly restructuring and changing strategy, while pushing great people out of the organization.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you say and commit to. You talk about wanting to develop talent and invest in people and yet you do the exact opposite.

10. "Watch your back, the Camera's are watching YOU!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Texas City, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Texas City, TX

I worked at Reebok full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing discount, fellow associates were amazing, this is a Fitness cultured workplace so the work uniform/dress code is very relaxed...you get to wear what you wear to the gym or if you don't work out you lounge around your house in!! Certain Leaders are amazing to talk with and pick their brain and have as mentors.

Cons

Lack or WORK/LIFE BALANCE. Don't try to call in sick ever, you will be told that you will still have to come in anyways, regardless of how sick you are and that you will just have to suck it and get over it!! They use the camera system that is installed to prevent shop lifting as a means to track employees and spot them doing something so they can fire them, regardless of whether the issue is actually something to be fired over or not!!

Advice to Management

Quit being petty little high school drama filled girls!! Not everything is a life or death situation, and not everything is exactly as how the camera conveys it!!

"As a former employee I was very dissatisfied with my over all experience with Reebok!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kittery, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kittery, ME

I worked at Reebok part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reebok was clear about their mission statement, when it came to the company and their expectations. Very much into fitness and promote motivation through product and employees.

Cons

Did not feel appreciated by the company or the staff that I worked with. Also I attempted to shop online and purchase items through the website as a employee and did not get any assistance from staff, website, or technical support.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for yourself, staff, and store and remain professional at all times.