Reebok Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Reebok President Matt OToole
Matt OToole

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance is valued, and managers do not make you feel guilty for needing to leave to attend to your family or personal life (in 28 reviews)

• Great culture and work environment (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a slave to the conversion metric and will come down on the employees when the number is too low (in 23 reviews)

• No support from senior management teams (in 13 reviews)

"As a former employee I was very dissatisfied with my over all experience with Reebok!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kittery, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kittery, ME

I worked at Reebok part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reebok was clear about their mission statement, when it came to the company and their expectations. Very much into fitness and promote motivation through product and employees.

Cons

Did not feel appreciated by the company or the staff that I worked with. Also I attempted to shop online and purchase items through the website as a employee and did not get any assistance from staff, website, or technical support.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for yourself, staff, and store and remain professional at all times.

"Thumbs down"

I have been working at Reebok full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities are excellent, and the trainers are accessible and happy to help you reach your fitness goals.

Cons

Terrible management. This company hasn't gone anywhere for years yet the same business practices remain.

Advice to Management

Start practicing what you preach.

"Typical americanized retailer..."

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Reebok full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-networking opportunities
    -opportunities to move up/ increase potential
    -fast paced working environment
    -excellent benefits package
    -great discount across affiliated brands

Cons

-long hours/ minimal pay
    -challenges in attracting and retaining talent
    -difficult environment to be passionate in your role
    -high expectations with little to no recognition/ incentive to drive results
    -constant change in processes and procedure, consistently trying to adapt to a new culture. Very little time to evaluate processes when constantly adapting to new

Advice to Management

More focus on European style work ethic. Less focus on hitting targets, and more 'people focus' (customers and employees). Understand your employees want you to succeed, but you need to show your employees a sense of ownership and stability

4. "Watch your back, the Camera's are watching YOU!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Texas City, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Texas City, TX

I worked at Reebok full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing discount, fellow associates were amazing, this is a Fitness cultured workplace so the work uniform/dress code is very relaxed...you get to wear what you wear to the gym or if you don't work out you lounge around your house in!! Certain Leaders are amazing to talk with and pick their brain and have as mentors.

Cons

Lack or WORK/LIFE BALANCE. Don't try to call in sick ever, you will be told that you will still have to come in anyways, regardless of how sick you are and that you will just have to suck it and get over it!! They use the camera system that is installed to prevent shop lifting as a means to track employees and spot them doing something so they can fire them, regardless of whether the issue is actually something to be fired over or not!!

Advice to Management

Quit being petty little high school drama filled girls!! Not everything is a life or death situation, and not everything is exactly as how the camera conveys it!!

"Fithub"

Pros

co workers were really cool and a few of them were really into fitness which was fun to be around. Good benefits and health insurance. Fun fitness classes.

Cons

Not a clear vision for goals of the brand. only focused on selling and numbers not about being an ambassador for the brand. Hired people with little experience but then have high expectations to sell very technical and high price points. Very old school way of doing business... Needs to be more progressive to keep up with competitors. Product and designs aren't great for the price they sell for. Quality is subpar to competitors except for sneakers.

Advice to Management

Way of selling is so old fashioned. felt like I worked at forever 21 not a luxury brand which it seems like the company is going towards. You want to be up there with top brands; designs and apparel don't support that goal.

"Multi Store Mamager"

Former Employee - Mall General Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Mall General Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Reebok was once a great place to work. It was fun and very people oriented. Great work - life balance, benefits, and discounts.

Cons

Once adidas took over and moved its upper management in the fun stopped. Constantly restructuring and changing strategy, while pushing great people out of the organization.

Advice to Management

Follow through on what you say and commit to. You talk about wanting to develop talent and invest in people and yet you do the exact opposite.

"Manager/Supervisor"

Former Employee - Manager/Supervisor in Pottstown, PA
    Former Employee - Manager/Supervisor in Pottstown, PA

I worked at Reebok (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance & discount. Paid holidays, vacations (if you get them). Honestly it does not have any pros except that it's in a mall

Cons

So disorganized & sexist. I'm a female with more than 5 years retail experience. All the other managers got paid more than me except another female manager and I came from a store worth more than 5x the reebok at the philadelphia outlets. Training was awful. I asked to get taken off the 401k and insurance and they never did. When I was on vacation they dropped all full-time employees to part time and didn't tell me until I got back from vacation and gave me a 36 hour notice of when it will be in effect. My pay got cut in half, no more paid holidays, vacation days, insurance, nothing at all. They knew for about a week and didn't tell me. Higher management was so dysfunctional. Worst retail experience I've ever had, made me ashamed to say I worked there. I was so miserable.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: quit while you're ahead. Complain to HR, because other management will put you on the back burner and so will corporate

8. "No advancement, little logic."

I have been working at Reebok part-time

Pros

Free range at my position. Great coworkers.

Cons

Really only cater to people who suck up.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees instead of rewarded yes men.

9. "Terrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Pros

Friendly coworkers can't think of anything good.

Cons

Terrible hours at Least where I live. Pay minimum wage. Everyday is slow.

10. "Low Class Workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

I worked at Reebok full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing is good about this place. Even the executives are low class. You should find a job somewhere else. Mandatory Overtime is good for your wallet (unless you are on salary).

Cons

The place is terrible to work for. People will lie about you and treat you like dirt. Pay is terrible and always have to worry about getting laid off.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and promoting people who are scum of the earth. This is the worst place in the world to work at.