Reece Operations Graduate Reviews | Glassdoor

Reece CEO Peter J. Wilson
Peter J. Wilson
  1. "Operations Graduate"

Current Employee - Operations Graduate

I have been working at Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The people are great - Great culture - If you put yourself forward, there are many opportunities throughout the organisation you can go for - Promote from within - The organisation is huge, there are so many areas to learn and find what you are interested in - Get to know the other grads in your program - Lots of training and development

Cons

- Can be very long days in branch - In some cases, you may be required to work every second Saturday in branch for four hours

Advice to Management

- Side projects for grads whilst in branch. The branch time is a lot of labour work and sometimes grads need more mentally stimulating tasks. - Make sure you place grads in branches close to wherever they live, as the travel to and from work can be an overall killer.

Reece2019-02-08

"Operations Grad program is rubbish, do not bother unless you like retail."

Former Employee - Operations Graduate in Melbourne

I worked at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of my fellow workers were cool people Plenty of branches so you'll be able to find one close to home Decent staff discounts

Cons

Low pay, you could get more money being a manger at Aldi Long hours, working 7-5 everyday and Saturday as well with no overtime. Toxic work atmosphere, you are essentially being trained by a 2IC who hates you because you are being trained to be that position. You will be treated like garbage because Reece encourages employees to stab each other in the back to get higher positions. One of our employees committed... suicide and the 2IC was openly happy about this as they didn't get along. Worst workplace I have ever worked at. No mentorship whatsoever, you will be trained by fellow employees who will just use you to put stock away and to serve customers. Management will always take the customers side and will allow staff to get abused because they are just blue collar tradies and thats just how they talk.

Advice to Management

Advice to upper management is pointless as all they do is ignore and just make fake five star reviews like they have done on this site. They have been fully indoctrinated in the Wilson cult and can't think for themselves. This operation grad is a sham, if you worked part time in retail for Uni and hated it then this is practically a full time retail job but only worse. I was unfortunately fooled into this... program but this is essentially a rubbish retail management position where you will not use your degree at all. Do not even think about applying here unless you like a toxic retail workplace.

Reece2019-02-07

Reece Response

March 11, 2019Recruitment Experience Lead

I’m sorry to hear about your thoughts on your experience of working at Reece. I’d be keen to understand more, please contact me via peopleadvise.vic@reece.com.au so we can discuss.

Found 2 reviews