Reece Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 56 reviews

3.5
Reece CEO Peter J. Wilson
Peter J. Wilson
  1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Reece full-time

Pros

--> Committed to customers, innovation and growth --> Successful, yet humble --> Bigger and more diverse than you would expect --> Committed to flexibility (and exciting new office move coming up) --> Up with the latest technology

Cons

--> Current head office is in Burwood, but with flexibility and planned move, this isn't too big an issue --> Parking can sometimes be a problem.

Advice to Management

You're doing amazing and exciting things! Keep sharing your progress, and doing what you're doing. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years!

Reece2018-03-16
  2. "Awesome company to work for"

Former Employee - Bathroom Sales Consultant in Sydney

I worked at Reece part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great training - Supportive team, awesome managers - Great benefits

Cons

Extremely complicated software system. Takes a long time to learn

Reece2018-03-14
  3. "Absolutely terrible and hated it."

Former Employee - Driver/Trade Counter in Brisbane

I worked at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Walking out the door at the end of the day and not being anywhere near the place. Oh yea and public holidays.

Cons

Everything! Expect so much from you but pay you peanuts. Management are laughable the way they act. Honestly this company is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Leave the company.

Reece2018-03-28

"Fine if you fit in, otherwise watch your back."

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Melbourne

I worked at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like anywhere, some good people there who are genuine and will help. Technology can be interesting. Often freedom given in solutions.

Cons

People thrown under the bus by some colleagues . Management double standards in their R10 values - will say one thing and do another. Long hours without appreciation. Pay for expectations poor. Plenty of cliques. Bad location. Micro management in some areas, although largely autonomy given. HR department will not support you when you go to them in confidence. Not what you know, it's who.

Advice to Management

Look at why people are leaving . Show respect to the people that actually do the job. Team leaders should not tolerate bullying nor should management.

Reece2018-03-13

Reece Response

March 18, 2018Recruitment Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like the behaviour of some of your colleagues meant you didn’t get to see how great Reece can truly be. On the flip side, it sounds like you did manage to work with some of our good eggs. As you experienced, reecetech is ...

"A circus of Bozo’s!"

Former Employee - Systems Architect in Burwood, Victoria

I worked at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is a successful business and the company is stable.

Cons

Awful culture. Old school boys club except these boys got no education. Very long hours, terrible location, no parking for lower-end staff. Some bullies are allowed free rein.

Advice to Management

Get real. Apply your own so-called R10 principles to everyone in the company not just privileged managemet.

Reece2018-02-18

"Reece Graduate Program"

Former Employee - Marketing Graduate Program

I worked at Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some company benefits are available

Cons

- long hours (9 hour days) - low pay (salary includes overtime and is still low) - company doesn't value education. You'll still start in a branch no matter how qualified or smart you are and be there for 12+ months - All training is done in house, and trainers don't have training qualifications - They expect it takes 12 months to less the Reece systems - Mentorship and professional development is minimal.... You'll be learning from other staff at the branch, who don't have experience in your field, and who aren't qualified to train you - After 12 months in branches full time, you go part time branch part time office so you're still not where you want to be

Advice to Management

If you're going to have a grad program, trust the degrees of the people in it. If it takes an arbitrary 12 months in branch to "learn the Reece Way", maybe it's needlessly complicated (it also doesn't take that long)

Reece2018-02-19

"Great potential but a toxic environment ruined it"

Former Employee - Web Applications Developer in Burwood, Victoria

I worked at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Satisfying work that directly makes a difference to the organisation. - Highly successful business. - Flexible work hours. - Good salary. - Upper-middle management are making an effort to improve the culture with the new ReeceTech brand & work-space consultations.

Cons

- Some petty & overly competitive colleagues who persistently bully others to satisfy their own egos. Management seem unwilling or unable to address this even when it's happening right under their nose. I know of 2 other staff who stated this as their reason for leaving. - Bad location; no public transport access combined with bad local traffic and inadequate parking, puts a drag on daily life. - Practically... non-existent HR. On-boarding process was a shambles and I spent most of my time at Reece thinking there was no HR department, including the times I would have talked to them to resolve problems. - Work environment could be better; Burwood has plenty of space that's badly utilised.

Advice to Management

- Train lower management to emphasise respect and teamwork, and stamp out bullying. The Reece values are good but the sentiments needs to be backed up with action in some areas. - Look at your recent staff turnover if you doubt my claim that culture is an issue. - Opening a CBD office, at least for some departments: better transport and social opportunities for staff will ease their stress and improve the working... culture. The company gains access to a wider pool of talent and the tech community engagement they say they want. - Make HR do their jobs and make sure every employee in the company knows how to contact them. Put some more thought into the on-boarding process.

Reece2017-10-14
  8. "Nothing special"

I worked at Reece full-time

Pros

Working in the store was better than corporate - early start, early finish was bonus

Cons

nothing special - just a job. no scope to move up. Salary not the best

Advice to Management

nothing as I dont work there anymore

Reece2017-10-10
  9. "Overworked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Port Melbourne

I have been working at Reece full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pays the bills. Some employees are good.

Cons

Minimal pay. It's a boys club culture. Treated like a slave. Want you to know and do everything without paying you accordingly. Boss is nothing but a bully. Under constant pressure to get deliveries completed. Work with minimal staff to increase pressure on existing staff to get job done. Lucky to have a lunch break at all some days without phones ringing or serving customers.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees who do the hard yards while you're off at "meetings" all the time and are constantly understaffed and under the pump. The values and safety procedures get forgotten about by management when the pressure is on.

Reece2017-10-17
  10. "Management have no idea how to speak to people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

I worked at Reece full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cruisey Co-workers are easy to talk to and enjoy company with

Cons

Career progression, only stich up is that you get a payrise and car but the hours go from 7.5hrs p/day to 11.5hrs per day Management have no idea how to speak to trades & general public. Every 2nd word is a a swear word Dont apply for a job and assume its what your applying for. I applied, interviewed (x3 times different people) & phone interview telling me the role etc and signed a contract saying my role... only to find out on day 1 thats not what ill be doing for 6-8 months.....why bother leaving your job then.

Advice to Management

Dont speak about your sex life & frustrations to trades & other employees. Its totally uncomfortable even coming from myself a male.....id hate to be a female worker in the branch I was in. Dont hire for a position and not give that position.

Reece2017-10-10