Reed Construction Data Reviews | Glassdoor

Peter de Mönnink

1. "Great people"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Reed Construction Data (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are wonderful and make the day to day amazing

Cons

Lots of growth going on

Advice to Management

Hang in there!

2. "Great starter company for marketers"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Norcross, GA

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you are beginning a career in marketing and sales. My managers were knowledgeable and were opened to suggestions and creative ideas. The opportunities for advancement was welcomed. Teamwork makes the dreamwork was definitely the motto during my tenure with the company.

Cons

Working there was a great experience for me, however, I would have liked management to be more opened to telecommuting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Researcher in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Researcher in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, PTO, Medical, 401K, etc.

Cons

Base salary isn't great. There is/was a bonus program whereby you could earn more but the numbers were set so high you had to game the system in order to reach them. I think that caused a big decline in the quality of the end product since researchers were reporting garbage in order to earn themselves an extra buck. Zero chance of a promotion, this company doesn't believe in such things. They promote a terrible work environment; any recent positive reviews were definitely written by management. Sounds like they're circling the drain at this point which doesn't surprise me one bit. Lastly, if you have any opinions about how to make the company or the job better you can just keep those to yourself because at best they will be ignored and at worst they'll get you on someones hit list.

Advice to Management

Just keep squeezing your employees harder so you can earn your bonuses. You'll draw blood from that stone eventually...

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Project Accounting Manager/Senior Project Accountant in Portage, IN

I worked at Reed Construction Data (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Family oriented. Great work environment.

Cons

Limited room for promotion

6. "Worst Managers"

Former Employee - Public Sector Relations Specialist in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Public Sector Relations Specialist in Lombard, IL

I worked at Reed Construction Data (More than a year)

Pros

The co workers are great, pto and benefits

Cons

Everything else, managers are petty and shady. Talk about you negatively behind closed doors. Pretty much snakes. The managers at the Lombard location would not ever pass a management class. The trainer that is based in norcross is horrible.

Advice to Management

Quit because you couldn't manage a fly. Fake people who can't help anyone and do not give solid direction. This company overall is going downhill

"Nothing has changed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Pros

My co-workers, PTO is generally approved, some fun company events

Cons

Everything else - sales gets all the perks and even they have to work too hard to get any compensation. Management doesn't care about the employees. From HR to the supervisors. And Senior Management is the worst. If you try to provide ideas on how to make a better working environment, you are told, if you don't like it, leave.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your employees and the hard work they put in.

8. "I enjoyed working at Reed Construction Data. They had a good salary with great commissions and good benefits as well!"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great commissions, good salary, great benefits as well as 401k, tuition reimbursement, long term and short term disability. good company to work for

Cons

Turnover was a bit high but overall a good company. The training was good and it was paid.

Advice to Management

Consider continuing education.

9. "Source Relationship"

Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Source RElationship Specialist in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NOTHING! One star is too many for this dump! PTO is needed to sustain your sanity. The people are ok, but you have to wonder about those who choose to stay at a dead end job for so many years.

Cons

So many! Management is a complete joke! The director is horrible & middle management are micro-managers who will stand & watch what time you leave for lunch, or even when you go to the bathroom. They wouldn't make it at a reputable company. All they do is forward reports & threaten you. The reports are ridiculous & the employees that are doing well are playing the system. It's a miserable & toxic environment. People have left on the spot, but for some reason HR seems to be clueless about what's going on.

Advice to Management

Dump them all! They offer no support or guidance. Also, get rid of the TPS report, as long as this is the performance tool, employee dissatisfaction will continue.

"Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Norcross, GA

I worked at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent, but not great benefits. PTO is ok, but not the best available. Good, hard working people in the trenches. Learn how to cold call which is valuable.

Cons

Management. The good old boys club that run sales is full of a bunch of bumbling fools that have known each other and favored each other for years. All but one or two have little chance of succeeding outside of the organization. I can think of one in particular who has no chance of gaining respect in an environment full of professionals rather than entry levels bedazzled by spreadsheets and temper tantrums. Look at the blanket response by HR in some of these reviews to gain a perspective of how much they really care about these reviews. Low pay, high pressure and brainless solutions that are no better than the rest are other negatives.

Advice to Management

Try and keep your job if you can, your BS won't work in many other places.

11. "Good Opportunity for skills (not professional) growth. Not the greatest environment."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reed Construction Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You become part of a solid organization with solid tools to help you hone our outbound skills. If you can't be successful here and grow your skills with the tools provided, you either aren't trying or you need to try something else.

Also, good benefits, time off, community service leave, etc.

Cons

Environment was (at times) poisonous, and the company was so focused on sales that they didn't invest as much in Account Managers and others resourced dedicated to maximizing retention, which again put more pressure on Sales.

Advice to Management

From what I understand, much of what I listed has been addressed. Either way, I've moved on, so I can't really give them advice on the present.