Reed Exhibitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Chet Burchett

"Coordinator"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment to make friends in.

Cons

The pay isn't great and they will keep you a temp for as long as possible.

Reed Exhibitions2018-02-08

"Sales. Great people but low pay and lack of growth"

Former Employee - Sales in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, fun travel, interesting and rewarding work. Great place for recent grads or for those in their second wind after having kids or to get off the road and have a more easy and comfortable sales job.

Cons

Flat structure, meaning there is no middle management. You have your directors and VPs, and then your sales reps. No opportunity for promotion and growth unless you stay at the company for years and years. Also the pay is below market. Average base and average to low commission.

Advice to Management

Hire smarter and more motivated people, invest in the good people by paying them more and rewarding their hard work, create a strong and realistic track for leadership or career growth.

Reed Exhibitions2017-12-15

"Great experience in the Sales Academy - recently promoted to a show team"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I highly recommend the Sales Academy at Reed for anyone who is looking for some additional sales training while jumping into a corporate position. Not only were we properly trained in trade show etiquette and the respective industries that we serve, but we were taught how to present ourselves and effectively communicate. From what I've seen, as long as you work hard and show that you care, you will grow and have... a lasting, enjoyable career here. Reed is the definition of a "work hard, play hard" environment - you're never in the dark about what is expected of you, and you'll enjoy laughs and fun times outside of the office along the way :)

Cons

No negative experiences thus far

Reed Exhibitions2017-11-13

"It USED to be a great company!"

Former Employee - Event Director in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get great experience in the events, industry, you will travel to shows, great people.

Cons

Company culture has become hostile, company seems to be forcing out any legacy staff in exchange for younger labor. Most of the long term people who were positive personalities have left due to the cultural shift.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people doing the work and appreciate them. The hostile work environment will only lead to more people leaving. Remember, this USED to be a great company to work for, now it's a negative environment.

Reed Exhibitions2017-11-08

Reed Exhibitions Response

January 4, 2018Director of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your thought and concerns. If we may clarify, Reed Exhibitions places a high value on our long term employees for their level of commitment and expertise that has been developed through the years. We work to create a culture of diversity and do not discriminate ...

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and work environment. Commitment to staying as leader in the industry. Many volunteer opportunities for employees to help the community.

Cons

Top heavy senior management and few clear paths for advancement.

Advice to Management

Provide clear, achieveable metrics for advancement within the company. You will have better employee morale and loyalty.

Reed Exhibitions2017-10-18

Reed Exhibitions Response

October 24, 2017Director of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and praise. Our recognition as a leader in the event industry is due in large part to the success and hard work of our employees. We are committed to the growth and retention of our talent and have created programs that are open to all that would ...

6. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Challenging opportunities,, wonderufl people, paid well.

Cons

Micro managment by some in upper mamangment

Reed Exhibitions2017-10-16
  7. "Reed Exhibitions is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best part of working at Reed are the employees! They are fun, smart and hardworking. Fast-paced environment, great travel opportunities, fun industry. Good work -family life balance. Excellent community involvement. Great benefits

Cons

None to share at this time.

Advice to Management

Please retain your long term employees as they are offer invaluable knowledge about the business and the industries they serve.

Reed Exhibitions2017-08-24

"RE Cares"

Current Employee - Cash Applications Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

knowing that you're helping people who actually need the help

Cons

none that i can think of?

Advice to Management

continue this rewarding program

Reed Exhibitions2017-07-12
  9. "Fast-paced work environment; casual company culture & great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Frequent travel & perks, laid-back company culture, opportunity for career growth/movement within the company, excellent benefits & 401(k) match, fast-paced work environment, exposure to different trade shows & industries, support from senior management, ongoing professional development training, focus on rewarding & recognizing employees

Cons

Work/life balance can be hard to juggle if you don't excel in fast-paced work environments, organizational re-structures happen often

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on reward & recognition of employees, communicate clearly & effectively with news or changes that affect the organization at any level

Reed Exhibitions2017-06-23

"Disappointing Experience"

Former Employee - Marketing in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Reed Exhibitions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great job right out of college to get your feet wet - Travel opportunities - Introduction to different and interesting industries - Has the potential to be a great place to work!!!

Cons

- Don't value talent; literally told "everyone is replaceable" - Don't compensate fairly - Workload is unreasonable; have to work serious overtime to achieve daily expectations - Office politics and culture is toxic and impacts how peers/teams work together - Limited opportunities to grow professionally; minimal training - Poor middle management; Upper management detached from real issues that impact employees

Advice to Management

Take care of your people and your people will take care of you. And I don't mean with the occasional free lunch and ice cream. Don't take on more shows that you are willing to staff and pay your people the industry standard. You'd be surprised how hard people will work when they think you actually care about them.

Reed Exhibitions2017-06-23