Reedy Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Bill Reedy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An 85-year-old startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reedy Industries is family-owned and operated, and they treat their employees like they're part of a family. It often feels like a startup because I'm given lots of freedom to make decisions for myself and I can clearly see how I am contributing to the company's growth goals.

Cons

I work at the corporate office, and the teams here are small, so sometimes it can seem a little siloed. Usually, it's nothing that a pointed conversation can't rectify.

2. "Great Place to Learn from the Best"

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time

Pros

Competitive salary. Chance to learn from the best. These guys have been at it for years. The learning experience has allowed many to spread their wings.

Cons

Slow to adopt new technology

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, but look to tech to improve.

3. "Hvac service tech"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is the best work enviroment. A great team of service guys. All of us work together, and can acomplish anything thrown. We are the best hvac service group in the country. Our quality can not be matched. We will do anything for our customers at anytime. Greg Smith is the best general manager in the trade. Our sales engineers Tom Fielder ,and Chuck Caporale can not be matched. We are the best.

Cons

There are no negatives here. Just positives. You want to work for the best.Come to reedy industries

4. "Building Automation Solutions"

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time

Pros

At Reedy Industries working in the controls division of BAS has always been very positive. Our accounts are diverse and have ranged from Central Plant strategies and HVAC building programming to process industrial computer control. The controls team has the skills and knowledge to engineer complex mechanical and computer automation systems that provide our satisfied customers with energy savings and increased job quality. Our department works in an enviroment that is technology driven and built on a priorty of continuing education that supplies our clients with the best in class that the automation industry can offer. I recommend this career for those that appreciate a challenge and would like to be part of the leading edge in a building automation control division.

Cons

This is not the place for those that are looking to just get by on the job.

5. "Opportunity for hard working, modivated individuals."

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time

Pros

I have worked for Reedy Industries for almost 20 years. I have held several positions in my years of service. This is a place where talented, team orientated, hardworking individuals will get recognized and rewarded. There is plenty of room for advancement within the organization, and opportunities for growth and advancement are available to employees at every level. Ownership and management is very solid, a team of down to earth people with the common goal to win. Deep into 3rd generation ownership Reedy Industries is not an organization that rests on previous success, the entire team is dedicated to continued growth of the employees and the overall business. All of the above is why Reedy Industries has been and will remain a major player within the industry.

Cons

If you are an individual looking to fly under the radar this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your branches, and invest in your people.

"Once great now not so great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time

Pros

Co-workers, customers & most technicans

Cons

Upper management & their inability to grasp the employees value vs. going for most money to be had

Advice to Management

What once was a family owned business that the family took great interest in has been relegated to individuals who don't have the experience and have formed a clique who do not take any information, suggestions and rule with the threat of firing someone who does offer input

"Once a good place to work"

Current Employee - Cooking Tec in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Cooking Tec in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was a great place to work for 17

Cons

The last 2 years were constantly threatened with nasty emails The only way they control their technicians is to constantly threaten their jobs

Advice to Management

Wake up your good technicians are now working for your competition

"I totally disagree with the post of Jun 10th."

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for this company for more than 15 years. Was a great place to work when times were good and the company was run by the founder’s son who always was and still is a fine and decent individual.

Cons

The current president and CEO is neither fine nor decent and lack the knowledge and business acumen for success.

Advice to Management

I doubt they are capable of recognizing meaningful constructive criticism.

"different"

I worked at Reedy Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

it used to have a very good reputation, with good people.

Cons

Run by a spoiled rich kid who doesn't listen to anyone . The quality of the management has suffered greatly, because the top people can't recognize talent. They say that they want "A " performers, but to do so you have to be one yourself . They really hire people who can take orders, keep their mouth shut and not have any real ideas.

Advice to Management

The Management group doesn't listen so why bother.

10. "Great Place to Work and Grow!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Reedy Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Reedy Industries is the largest and best HVAC company in the Midwest. Everyday we strive to be a World Class service provider. With over 300 trained HVAC professionals we can perform any project that you throw at us! The company is all about personal and professional growth which is why we average over 20 years of experience with the company. The company is also very involved with giving back to the community through the work of Reedy Cares.

Cons

Since we are so committed to providing a low cost solution to our customers, we have really become lean and mean in the overhead department. This leads to wearing multiple hats and sometime that translates into longer hours.

Advice to Management

Continue with our vision of transformational growth. This leads to more opportunities to promote our great people into higher positions.