Reese Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Jeff Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Place To Start"

Pros

Smart people. Great location. Good healthcare.

Cons

Not great executive leadership. Overworks and underpays.

2. "A lot of room for improvement"

Former Employee - Art Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Art Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Reese Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for agency experience, this is good for a short-term project. Its in a third-tier market, so the competition is not as stiff as in NYC or Chicago. A good place to cut your teeth or learn the ropes without damaging a career. Much better for the account side; terrible for creatives.

Cons

Never learned from past mistakes and terrible down-sizing quite often. Zero project management. The account side rules creative - but that is common at better firms also. No longevity unless your friendships here are rock solid.

Advice to Management

A respected leader with the energy to inspire and motivate would be a true asset.

3. "Great people but split personality"

Pros

Some of the smartest and nicest people you'll ever work with in most departments

Cons

Creative department is completely disconnected from rest of agency in attitude and engagement

WPP as a parent company means that management sometimes can't make decisions that are good for company

Advice to Management

Create cohesive vision and get whole company onboard

4. "Associate Account Director"

I worked at Reese Communications full-time

Pros

Management has improved the morale and overall working environment over the last few years. A lot of very smart people to work with.

Cons

Not quick enough to staff up new or expanded business, resulting in people getting burnt out. Raises are hard to come by.

5. "good place to work over all an ok place. good , hours low pay though. could use better time management"

Pros

great hours close to home

Cons

not enough pay, could have more insurance

Advice to Management

none

6. "Always Learning"

Pros

I had never worked in digital marketing until I started working at RTC. After a few weeks, I knew I could never go back to traditional marketing. Over the next 3 years, I learned someone new every day and that was invaluable.

Cons

Because this agency is under the Wunderman network, raise pools and promotions took forever. There was so much red tape to get anything approved. This was also true for making a case for new hires. Work couldnt get done, because they didnt have the bodies and it took over a month to get approvals for new hires and the work suffered for it.

Advice to Management

Stay on top of the resourcing issue. Since raises and promotions are few and far between, find other ways to keep your employees happy.

7. "Overall Great Company to Work For."

I worked at Reese Communications full-time

Pros

Really great work environment. The people who work here are super talented and really understand digital. The environment here is work hard play hard (which I really like) and most of the people here are friends outside of work.

Cons

Client portfolio is standard for Washington, DC.

Advice to Management

n/a

8. "Great Experience, Great People, Not so great compensation"

I worked at Reese Communications full-time

Pros

I got a lot of invaluable experience about the industry and working at an agency that I will be forever grateful for. RTC has really great, creative, smart, talented people, always willing to put in an extra effort to get the job done. The clients I worked on were in varied industries (not all pharma as many experience) .

Cons

Many employees here go years and years without pay increases. This leads to a lot of turnover, which is never good for morale. When I was there, we also dealt with a significant amount of layoffs, which created a tense work environment.

"Boring work & little room for creativity"

I worked at Reese Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, modern office, fun & talented individuals.

Cons

The work is mostly pharma, even though from the outside it may appear very differently. They have very little say in creative direction as a great deal of the work is dictated by Y&R. The Executive Creative Director never comes out of his office and has little to no rapport with the department. People at the agency seem generally unhappy.

Advice to Management

Creative directors should be more hands-on. If possible, don't allow Y&R to keep bullying the agency around.

"Dead-end...unless you are ruthless about learning what you can and getting out"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Reese Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office. Good PTO. There are a couple good teams/clients but they are not widespread.

Cons

Very harsh and defeatist culture. Constant complaining and "joking" about how terrible it is to work there. Very poor job security. No bonus structure. No raises since 2008 for the vast majority-not even COL adjustments. Really narrow pharma-dominated client base. Clients really don't like RTC much in the majority of cases, so there's lots of complaining about that as well.

Advice to Management

Where to begin? Get rid of the dead weight in upper and middle management. Talk to employees and clients more frequently to better understand the challenges they face. Diversify the work. Act like a grown-up!