Reevoo Reviews | Glassdoor

Reevoo Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2019

Found 50 reviews

3.2
Reevoo CEO Lisa Ashworth (no image)
Lisa Ashworth

"Company on the up!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Reevoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I started working at Reevoo 2.5 years ago, it became clear quite quickly that the company lacked drive and direction. That all changed when Lisa started a year into my tenure. Whilst having to make some unpopular decisions to right some of the previous managements wrongs, we now have some clear objectives and a focus to ensure we get to where the company should be. CEOs and senior management can often be... unapproachable, this is not the case at Reevoo, all ideas from all levels are listened to and appreciated, a collaborative working environment is promoted. There is also real opportunity to cross-skill and grow. If you are looking for a free ride, then Reevoo is not for you. With that said, hard work is rewarded for individuals as well as sharing success together as a company.

Cons

Innovation has previously been lacking, but that is now changing as we move away from just fire fighting.

Advice to Management

Please give some more focus to retaining talent where possible.

Reevoo2019-08-31
  2. "Business development manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in London, England

I have been working at Reevoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great. I love the culture there. It's a good mix of people. Company is going to change in the right direction and there's a buzz there that is motivating. There is pressure to succeed given my role but it's not toxic like some places I've worked in. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

More marketing activity but even that is changing so will not be a con soon.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The change has been positive in my opinion. It can only get better

Reevoo2019-08-31

"Top place to work with big ambitions"

Former Employee - Director of Account Management in London, England

I worked at Reevoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong and credible product delivering authentic powerful reviews and content. Recent tough decsions by the (not so new now!) CEO absolutely necessary to ensure growth and profitabilty. Excellent and enjoyable working environment - hard work AND fun! Good opportunity to flourish and share success of the business. Wonderful colleagues and strong senior management team. Supportive and friendly. I... happily keep in touch with many at all levels. High profile client base.

Cons

Challenging competitors with bigger pockets. Inevitable resource losses through changes at the top but that equally balances with a fresh and new approach. Lack of product investment over recent years, resulting in catch up although this is being addressed.

Advice to Management

Invest and increase brand profile. Invest in product AND marketing. Drive and stimulate discussion on integrity of the reviews sector.

Reevoo2019-08-12

"Best company ever"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at Reevoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best management I have ever worked for. Lisa Ashworth is inspiring and a bundle of energy. She revs up the entire company. Probably the best company I will ever work for.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons. It’s a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work. Keep inspiring the teams as well as you do.

Reevoo2019-08-12

"Awful dead-end company with awful High-end Management"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in London, England

I have been working at Reevoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not really any as the place is so dull and people constantly worried about the next set of redundancies.

Cons

Where do I start!? Firstly, take no notice of the small positive reviews as I can garantee you they are all fake. Why do they have no substance and just try to claim our CEO is a good leader let alone an honest person when she is the exact opposite! Reevoo has gone downhill since I joined and there reallly is no atmosphere. We live on skeleton staff with a product that has been overtaken by all it's rivals. The... company is trying to be sold but even buyers aren't exactly lining up. Ive been here just under a year but have finally decided it's time to stop thinking this will work out. Also when you walk in to the office there is the most tacky 'we are Reevoo' sign which past colleagues told me broke a few times prior to myself joining.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect and stop filling your own pockets at Reevoo's expense.

Reevoo2019-08-13

"Don't go there"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Reevoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Start up company which had a nice feel to it

Cons

Constantly on the brink of going bust so you never know when they might restructure and make redundancies. CEO is weird, irrational and not a fan of other women. If she doesn't like you she can make your life hell

Advice to Management

New CEO

Reevoo2019-07-06

"A company that has completely lost its soul and integrity"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Reevoo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reevoo used to be a fun place to work. It once had a product that despite its shortcomings was still leading in the space, a reasonable culture and an idea of where the product and business wanted to go next. I personally got to work with some big name clients

Cons

Chaotic. A product suite which has for the most part remained stagnant for a number of years, for various different reasons. In addition to this, I have never worked for a business that pays its employees so begrudgingly. Whether it was annual performance bonuses being paid to the entire company 6 months late or having to fight finance tooth and nail every time a deal was closed for commission owed, it was a... constant source of stress, frustration and demotivation. The commission percentages themselves are also far below industry averages, along with basic salaries. Unsurpsisingly, their staff churn rate is through the roof. This business has also changed its leadership more regularly than most premier league clubs in recent years. I had 6 different managers in 2.5 years. As a result, there is a constant feeling of a lack of certainty and there being any clear plan. As stated in other reviews, the latest CEO came in just over a year ago and immediately began dismantling teams and managing those who weren't part of the latest plan out the door, replacing them with former colleagues and friends. This isn't a business that respects its employees work life balance either. At all. You're expected to be sat at your desk at 8:55 and there gone 5, five days a week. Even things like "farewell lunches" to say goodbye to staff leaving the business are frowned upon, along with long standing traditions like staff football on Wednesdays at lunchtimes. I was even told on one occasion that I would be paid statutory sick pay after taking one day off because an immediate family member was ill. If you're expected to travel abroad to see clients or prospects, be ready to do so via the absolute cheapest modes of transport and accommodation, and to be grilled over every single penny you have spent on expenses for even basic necessities such as food and water.

Reevoo2019-06-29

"Learnt a lot and doubled my earnings in 3 years"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Reevoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid product and value prop. Big changes in the last 12 months since Lisa has taken over. Tough decisions are now paying dividends. Great bunch of people, smart and intelligent; working with a purpose, towards common goals. Amazing support structure throughout the organisation with most going above and beyond. Plenty of opportunity to strategise, take calculated risks, learn from your mistakes and... improve.

Cons

Saturated space, innovation is required Big changes mean some nesting birds have left, but some good talent has slipped through the cracks, too. Pressure is on, so there is a bit of scaremongering, jumping to conclusions and all that jazz

Advice to Management

Stay resilient, supportive and courageous. Lead by example as you do and continue to bring the best out of people. Don't compromise on the values of Reevoo. Continue to be present in the business and keep working on raising the morale.

Reevoo2019-05-10

"Reevoo has changed for the worst."

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at Reevoo full-time for less than a year

Pros

During my time working in Reevoo I met great colleagues.

Cons

Since the new CEO joined Reevoo the company has completely changed for the worst. Reevoo no longer has that culture fit feeling. The work flexibility is terrible as you can no longer work from home. Employee turnover has become incredibly high due to new C-Level not understanding the product and making terrible decisions. Also there was redundancies in October 2018. The CEO’s behaviour was rude at times by... mocking individuals. I found this humiliating, everyone should be treated with respect.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff members with respect and empower them as there are hard working individuals in Reevoo. See Reevoo as 1 big team and not just management only.

Reevoo2019-04-28

"A growing company with big ambitions"

I have been working at Reevoo full-time

Pros

Leadership has a clear sense of direction, and a realistic approach to achievement. Very friendly working environment

Cons

Lost some of the perks of being a 'cool' start up, but it's part of the process.

Reevoo2019-03-07