ReferralExchange Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Scott Olsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Absolutely amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Business is doing very well
    - High impact of software development work
    - Fast paced, yet stable (no frequent fire-fighting).
    - Great developer tools/environment
    - Competent management (both technical and product)
    - Opportunities for technical growth/mentorship
    - Friendly people
    - Office outings/happy hours
    - Cute dogs in the office
    - Great work-life balance. No regular expectation of long hours. Crunch time is infrequent, but when it does happen you're comped with extra time off.

Cons

- Loud office. Engineers are in the same room as account executives (who on the phones)

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We so appreciate it as it helps great candidates find better jobs (at ReferralExchange ;). Glad to see your list of Pro's being so long.

2. "A fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Account in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere here is just great. Coming from a large company w/ a business background it was very refreshing to see how happy and nice everyone is. Everyone seems to genuinely want to be here which is wonderful.
    Besides that, there's free food and free snacks for employees. Not like just peanuts or saltines (which they do have) but they also have fresh fruit, Cheetos, soda, and coconut water! And they cater lunch every Wednesday!
    Being a small company they seem very receptive to feedback.
    I actually believe in the product and the company they seem to really have a great service here and even though you need to sell it sometimes, there is nothing to sell since its a free service to buyers and sellers.
    Oh I almost forgot another fantastic perk for anyone wanting to get into real estate, they want everyone to get their real estate license and they pay for your classes and the exam. As well as they allow you to study a few hours a week at work (PAID). Which is a really great perk.

Cons

It is a job that does require being on the phone so if you do not have phone experience it might be a bit more difficult for you. The calls are not bad though they are very short and the product/service you are offering is one I really believe in.
    It is a desk job, if you need to move around alot may not be for you.
    I cannot really think of anything else, so far I am very impressed with the company.

Advice to Management

I would start looking at ways now to maintain the amazing culture you have as you continue to grow. It is sometimes very hard to maintain both quality of work and maintain a fun culture as you grow.
    I feel that there are maybe a few missed training opportunities. Perhaps have more feedback for new people immediately after training. Like have the TL review with them weekly or something to that extent.
    I have to assume you already do this but if you hire someone who is not used to being on the phone you might want to make sure they get a bit more training because I think, personally, it would be much harder to transition into a good work flow without having prior phone experience.

Other than that KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

3. "Best work culture ever!"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really awesome to work for a company that is steadily growing and investing in their employees. Outstanding leadership? Check! Catered breakfasts & lunches weekly? Check! Bonuses/Incentives and other perks? Check! We work hard together and play even harder. It's cool to be recognized for the impact of our hard work and to see how we contribute to the big picture.

Cons

Someone always beats me to the fresh avocado delivered in our weekly fruit basket...

Nov 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Cool! Thank you for the review. Come to my office for an avocado next week!

4. "Area Manager- Sales"

I worked at ReferralExchange full-time

Pros

There are a lot of people, including leadership, that are rooting for you to do well!

Cons

It's not your typical sale. You need to be a strong sales rep to do well.

Advice to Management

Nothing really

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for letting us know your positive thoughts! We appreciate you :)

5. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Referral Exchange team. I have been with the company for about 6 months now and the entire process has been nothing but positive. I cannot express enough how awesome the management team is. They are all very supportive, professional, thorough and still make the work environment fun and exciting!

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! I hope your first year may be a good reflection of what is yet to come.

6. "Fun company, family atmosphere"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

REX is a family - one that supports you and that wants to help you be the best version of yourself. Great perks and fun events keep the vibe social and fun, plus the culture is one of continuous development. Managers acknowledge that the employees' input is crucial to getting better at what we all do.

Cons

The business is complicated enough that sometimes one hand doesn't talk to the other, I suppose, but no real clashes ever happen and even when there are miscommunications, they are resolved easily and with a smile.

Advice to Management

Love you guys - just keep encouraging employee participation in the process!

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for leaving a review! As you know 'best idea wins' so please stay involved in the process.

7. "Fantastic company, with a great history and promising future"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Well established business that still has great growth potential.
    - Clarity on priorities and ability to focus on what's important for the business.
    - Autonomy and ability to make decisions individually, while still working together as a team.
    - Everyone's opinions matter and are heard.
    - Lightweight management - no politics, executive decisions are made quickly, daily visibility and communication executive team members.
    - Opportunity for personal and professional growth within the organization.
    - Relaxed, casual work environment.
    - Catered lunch twice a week, and plenty of snacks in the kitchen.

Cons

- Can't really think of any, I've been very happy at ReferralExchange.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've created a great business and workplace - everyone's attitudes are positive and I'm happy to be a member of the team.

Jun 19, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you so much for your positive review! It is very much appreciated. Sharon

8. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ReferralExchange is a rapidly growing company which offers many opportunities for growth to its employees. The company focuses strongly on employee development, values a work/life balance, and provides many additional perks to keep everyone happy and enjoying their work environment on a day to day basis. This company fosters a casual but hard working and productive environment. ReferralExchange also offers a great product that we can feel proud to stand behind, and emphasizes customer service for its member agents and clientele.

Cons

None that I can think of!

9. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time

Pros

Solid product and great office culture

Cons

Slow and opinionated software engineering process

Advice to Management

More trust
    Less micromanagement

10. "Extremely ethical and innovative company"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ReferralExchange is a company I am very proud to call home. They do the right thing, invest in their employees, offer a killer product and business model, and it's an extremely lucrative sales position for skilled closers. We don't work overtime and there are some serious additional perks at this job. They are super good to their employees.

Cons

Haven't seen any cons yet.... other than health care being a tad expensive, but the company does contribute to the cost

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love it here.

Mar 2, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Cool! Thank you for your review. Love to hear it!! :)