ReferralExchange Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Scott Olsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Absolutely amazing company to work for"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Business is doing very well
    - High impact of software development work
    - Fast paced, yet stable (no frequent fire-fighting).
    - Great developer tools/environment
    - Competent management (both technical and product)
    - Opportunities for technical growth/mentorship
    - Friendly people
    - Office outings/happy hours
    - Cute dogs in the office
    - Great work-life balance. No regular expectation of long hours. Crunch time is infrequent, but when it does happen you're comped with extra time off.

Cons

- Loud office. Engineers are in the same room as account executives (who on the phones)

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We so appreciate it as it helps great candidates find better jobs (at ReferralExchange ;). Glad to see your list of Pro's being so long.

2. "Account Executive"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with can either make it or break it. At Referral Exchange the people make every day worth coming. Positive, accepting, respectful, open minded, friendly, and encouraging colleagues. I love what I do, and I love coming to work. Flexible, fun and accommodating, never feels like work!

Cons

Couldn't think of any. Some may consider working weekends a con, but there is plenty of flexibility with that as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. "Great company that knows where it is going"

Current Employee - Sr in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sr in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great tech infrastructure to support building and expanding the application. Management has a clear vision on where the company is going and uses solid data science to make sure the right steps are being taken. They are not risk adverse but make sure the risks that are taken are in alignment with the vision. There are a wide variety of work to do from the simple button placement to the building of new foundational components for the next big project. They listen to what you want and help you grow in that direction. Quarterly get togethers, Great summer and holiday parties. Lunch provided twice a week.

Cons

There are not a lot of cons to working here. There are growing pains and things are shifting and changing, usually for the good. Sometimes projects take a little longer because a new process is being followed which pushes out communication. It is not your light speed startup and it is not your site at your desk and read the paper corporate job.

Advice to Management

Keep people more engaged with the vision you already have and are working on.

4. "Awful workplace and worse management!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time

Pros

-not many other than you can wear what you want and come in whenever

Cons

-Awful/dysfunctional management
    -No organization
    -hours fluctuate constantly forced to work weekends
    -Have to make hundreds of unpleasant calls
    -Promise you opportunity for growth but they end up going with an outside hire

Advice to Management

Get new management that actually know what they are doing!

"Customer Service"

I worked at ReferralExchange full-time

Pros

easy work
    great colleagues
    management was decent ONLY if you were a favorite.
    Overall this job is truly just okay.

Cons

It's important to note here that many of these past reviews posted here are fake and management had certain favored employees write up 5 star reviews on Glassdoor and post it here.
    - the healthcare insurance options are ABYSMAL here. If you have a family and need quality insurance, stay away.
    -There is blatant favoritism. If you are one of the favorites, you'll do just fine and most likely love it here. If you aren't, you will be called out on tiny errors and daily work will be miserable.
    - People with a brain who want to do more usually move on in less than a year. Very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Better health care.
    Stop playing favorites.

"My Review of Referral Exchange"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am upset. Bad Company. Terrible Management in Sacramento. They want to act like they havea great plan but they are not. They are bad managers. Bad Bad Bad

Cons

Fail to make good decisions.

Advice to Management

I wish you all the karma that you gave me.

7. "A fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Account in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Account in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere here is just great. Coming from a large company w/ a business background it was very refreshing to see how happy and nice everyone is. Everyone seems to genuinely want to be here which is wonderful.
    Besides that, there's free food and free snacks for employees. Not like just peanuts or saltines (which they do have) but they also have fresh fruit, Cheetos, soda, and coconut water! And they cater lunch every Wednesday!
    Being a small company they seem very receptive to feedback.
    I actually believe in the product and the company they seem to really have a great service here and even though you need to sell it sometimes, there is nothing to sell since its a free service to buyers and sellers.
    Oh I almost forgot another fantastic perk for anyone wanting to get into real estate, they want everyone to get their real estate license and they pay for your classes and the exam. As well as they allow you to study a few hours a week at work (PAID). Which is a really great perk.

Cons

It is a job that does require being on the phone so if you do not have phone experience it might be a bit more difficult for you. The calls are not bad though they are very short and the product/service you are offering is one I really believe in.
    It is a desk job, if you need to move around alot may not be for you.
    I cannot really think of anything else, so far I am very impressed with the company.

Advice to Management

I would start looking at ways now to maintain the amazing culture you have as you continue to grow. It is sometimes very hard to maintain both quality of work and maintain a fun culture as you grow.
    I feel that there are maybe a few missed training opportunities. Perhaps have more feedback for new people immediately after training. Like have the TL review with them weekly or something to that extent.
    I have to assume you already do this but if you hire someone who is not used to being on the phone you might want to make sure they get a bit more training because I think, personally, it would be much harder to transition into a good work flow without having prior phone experience.

Other than that KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

8. "Best work culture ever!"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really awesome to work for a company that is steadily growing and investing in their employees. Outstanding leadership? Check! Catered breakfasts & lunches weekly? Check! Bonuses/Incentives and other perks? Check! We work hard together and play even harder. It's cool to be recognized for the impact of our hard work and to see how we contribute to the big picture.

Cons

Someone always beats me to the fresh avocado delivered in our weekly fruit basket...

Nov 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Cool! Thank you for the review. Come to my office for an avocado next week!

9. "Area Manager- Sales"

I worked at ReferralExchange full-time

Pros

There are a lot of people, including leadership, that are rooting for you to do well!

Cons

It's not your typical sale. You need to be a strong sales rep to do well.

Advice to Management

Nothing really

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for letting us know your positive thoughts! We appreciate you :)

10. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at ReferralExchange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Referral Exchange team. I have been with the company for about 6 months now and the entire process has been nothing but positive. I cannot express enough how awesome the management team is. They are all very supportive, professional, thorough and still make the work environment fun and exciting!

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you so much for your review! I hope your first year may be a good reflection of what is yet to come.