What people are saying about Refinery29
Got a burning question about Refinery29? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Refinery29 employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people are creative and young" (in 27 reviews)
- "some of your coworkers are cool but they are probably not super friendly to you unless you are both the same level of peon" (in 11 reviews)
- "Great creatively driven, collaborative team" (in 10 reviews)
- "Great culture and creative teams." (in 7 reviews)
- "Beautiful office" (in 6 reviews)
- "'Managers' with zero management experience." (in 15 reviews)
- "NO work life balance; unsustainable and will burn you out." (in 12 reviews)
- "Which leaves less capable managers in the middle level therefore further negatively affecting non" (in 9 reviews)
- "low pay not in line with the industry or people's experience" (in 8 reviews)
- "Upper management is ignorant of the fact that employees have no work" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Refinery29 and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 31 of over 267 reviews
Updated Sep 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "learn a lot"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Sep 22, 2016Ad SalesFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Lots of fun people who end up being your friends. Free snacks and other office perks. Beauty sale is great 29 room is fun
Abusive management. Executives are out of touch and it's hard to believe in them. HR is corrupt. The stories and videos are not very good. Obsessed with revenue.12
- 4.0Oct 26, 2016EditorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Fun place to work and lots of smart peopleFun place to work and lots of smart peopleFun place to work and lots of smart people. Nice events and parties. Lots of different departments doing interesting projects.
Startup in the sense that hours can be grueling. Communication between departments improved but was spotty or extremely redundant. Salary is industry standard but nothing great.