Reflektive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Rajeev Behera

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing product & people"

I have been working at Reflektive full-time

Pros

Our mission is something that anyone can relate to, and everyone in our office feels super passionately about. It's amazing to work with such smart and friendly people, there is a true sense of community here. We are also growing really quickly and there are a lot of exciting changes happening on a daily basis. I love the feeling of building something as a team.

Cons

Things move quickly, you have to be quick on your feet and adaptable.

Advice to Management

Keep lines of communication open and keep your managers accountable.

2. "Head of Recruiting"

Current Employee - Head of Recruiting in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Head of Recruiting in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reflektive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reflektive is a mission driven, well funded organization that is committed to empowering employees to embrace ownership of their careers while contributing to all levels of company goals, through the use of our own product.

The product is awesome. It is easy to introduce the product to my network as I’m excited about it because it is modernizing the way companies do performance reviews, 1:1’s, goal setting and analytics. The product promotes a healthy manager/direct report relationship and allows for organizing conversations/talking points. As the product teams continue to enhance UI/UX, the tool becomes more deeply inherent to our daily productivity and overall career & company health.

Reflektive is a (pushing 200 employees now) place to consider joining if you are interested in being a part the evolution of a worthwhile product that is helping people raise their happiness meters on a daily bases through satisfaction at work. Because most companies are not satisfied with the tool(s) they currently use for Employee Success, it is a pretty swift sell and we are growing our client base at a fast pace, pushing 500.

The focus on leadership communication of vision, mission and strategy is strong and inclusive. I have never worked anywhere before with such kind, curious, inclusive & dedicated people. There are smiles on faces , greetings and a sincere desire to help each other out. The vibe is upbeat, focused and positive.

Cons

With such fluid and exponential growth, quickly identifying priority can be a bit delayed. This doesn’t currently interfere with execution but will need to be streamlined so to give confidence we are all working toward the same goals.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on transparency, expectation that we all use the product and continue to forecast any road-bumps so we can mitigate proactively.

"Director of Employee Success"

I have been working at Reflektive full-time

Pros

Reflektive truly cares about empowering people to grow themselves at work, which is seen through the amount of feedback we listen to and use in building our platform.

I love the people I work with, we help one another succeed and treat each other with respect.

I've never worked in such an upbeat, empathetic and motivating culture.

Cons

Knowing how to fulfill customer needs while also remaining focused on innovation is a challenging balancing act.

"Potential...but no true leaders"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reflektive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly & positive co-workers, nice office space, recent funding

Cons

The prior experience and leadership across teams is lacking, creating undo silos. For a start-up, the pace and drive are not there and requests to help solve pre-sales or even current customer needs are met with apathy. Alot do not want to admit what they do not know, but the service and product suffer for it. Lack of trust from directors and managers on their reports - they are told instead of coached through situations (another example of lack of experience). Discouragement to work remote. Comp & benefits on low side.

Advice to Management

We need true leadership in every division with experience in SaaS, so that we are all driving towards a common mission...and more clarity on company vision.

"Poor employer, could be much better."

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Reflektive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young company that's growing, so scope to improve and be agile.

Cons

Company already works in silos. No clear direction. Bad interal communication.

Advice to Management

Give employees more ownership over their work. Listen. Provide room to address employee grievences.

"Senior Accountant"

I worked at Reflektive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back and fun environment with plenty of opportunity for growth. Amazing pay for the titles. Hands down one of the highest in the bay. I'm sad I had to leave, but had to do what was best for myself. This company has a lot of promise and has very intelligent and friendly people working there.

Cons

A few cons were probably the location was tough to get to if you take BART in. The benefits were so-so, but for me that was expected for a start up. No 401k match, good enough health/dental if it's just you, but not the best if you have a family. Decent PTO policy. Lastly, it's a little chaotic because there weren't any set processes and it was near impossible to get people's time. Always running from one meeting to the next.

Advice to Management

Slow down on hiring so much and focus on improving processes and being more efficient rather than trying to make up for it with additional employees. It's going to kill your bottom line. Also, work on the benefits a little bit. Primarily get a new company to go through for your 401k. The place you used when I was there was just awful.

"Amazing place to work -- arguably the BEST!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reflektive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for!! Probably the best that I've been at yet. If you're looking to make an impact and grow you're career in the best way, you need to work here :-) Everyone is very smart, driven, passionate and ready to help our customers grow in the same way. Love this place!!!

Cons

None to report at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding your talented and hard working employees that are greatly impacting the business. Doing so will ensure that you continue to keep your greatest assets happy and motivated to stay. Thank you for fighting for us!

"Great Place To Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Reflektive part-time (More than a year)

Pros

People here really care about what they do. No matter what department you're in, employees support each other and are really friendly and helpful. Layout of the office is spacious and open, and the lounge area is good for networking and group lunches.

Cons

Getting 1-on-1 time or feedback with the CEO was nonexistent. I had to train my replacement the same day that I was let go, and I was never given an explanation as to why I wasn't invited to interview for the job on a full-time basis. A lot of emphasis was placed on the snacks/kitchen area without a clear budget, which became problematic as more people were hired.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback.

"Lies--they dont even use their own product"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Reflektive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of money wasted on expensive juices, cupcakes and prime real estate in downtown San Francisco. So it "looks" cool at least. Typical startup. But it was--by far--the easiest job I've ever had! Reps could take lunches for 2-3 hours, sit on the roof gossiping all afternoon.

Cons

I was lied to upon hiring. I was told that reps had hit their numbers every quarter and they hadn't lost a single person. I start working there and come to find that they had lost half of their biz dev reps within the past four months. My manager never had one-on-ones with me. And their product is a huge joke--its all about feedback. Never once did I see feedback being given or received at Reflektive. I'm not sure what their goal is (make money and feel important?), but it's not to improve feedback in organizations/businesses.

Advice to Management

I've worked at Microsoft and now Amazon. I know what top hires look like. Furthermore, I know what leaders look like.
    Reflektive fails on each and every level.

"Great company to create and to grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Reflektive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- strong vision
    - commitment to culture
    - belief in building a strong foundation
    - inclusive

Cons

- too early to say; typical start up challenges

Advice to Management

- stay focused on building and sustaining a strong culture
    - accountability is key