Regal Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Regal Entertainment Amy E. Miles
Amy E. Miles

1,354 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Hiring help at minimum wage that are 18, keeping that staff for more than a few months (in 129 reviews)

• Management often seemed unqualified to handle certain floor staff situations (in 57 reviews)

1. "Amazing High-School Job, sometimes good College job"

Former Employee - Full Time Associate Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Full Time Associate Manager in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Regal Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing flexibility when it came to working out shifts when going to school. Managers always fun to work with. But you make the job what you want it to, if you're a drag, you're not going to have fun.

Cons

Mandatory weekend attendance during busy season. Low wages if actually looking for a fulltime job

2. "Good company - poorly managed"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Taylorsville, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at Regal Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent, top-notch movie theater and free movies (within limits). Restaurant quality menu with discounted food for employees. National chain with opportunities to transfer to other locations.

Cons

Way too much micromanaging from the top down. Poor business decisions made at the corporate level. Lack of trust in local management.

Advice to Management

Let your general managers make the local decisions and allow them to manage their theaters in the way they feel works best for the local theater patrons.

3. "Regal is a fantastic place of employment"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Mount Juliet, TN
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Mount Juliet, TN

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the staff I love the guests that come in. It's the whole regal movie experience that is amazing in our beautiful building

Cons

The biggest con is trying so hard to please everyone so badly when you know that is all you'd like to do but knowing you can't.

Advice to Management

Stay with regal.

5. "Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Regal, the job itself is satisfying. 2 free tickets a day (one for yourself and a guest), half off concessions. It's a really easy job and it's fun.

Cons

While the job is fun, my boss makes it extremely stressful. Late hours on some nights but that's fine. Only reason I'm still there is because I love the job.

Advice to Management

As a associate manager, I would have to say to my boss. Stop making the job more stressful then it needs to be. Asking every 10-20 minutes if we did something or were doing something it's unnecessary. We know what were doing, if we need you well ask.

6. "Good part time job"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Kingston, MA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Kingston, MA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies, very flexible schedule, decent pay with good management and a fun work environment , 4 time and a half holidays a year

Cons

Late hours, nothing else really bad about the job that i can say. Work till 2am sometimes, but you get more hours with that.

Advice to Management

None

7. "Passion for the Industry"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The joys of working in the film exhibition industry, even at the lowest level, are far more rewarding for those who have a passion for film. Whether as a fan or a future film maker there is much to learn about the film industry. The greatest joy of being a part of the Regal team is working along side others just as passionate as yourself.

Cons

If you are short of patients or easily angered the service industry is not for you. When dealing with the general population you will be tried to your limits. Individuals attending a theater function may have an expectation that cannot be met and may become indignant and serving these customers with a smile and positive attitude can be a struggle for some.

Advice to Management

Regal Cinemas makes great efforts to incentivize it's employees and management to push for greater sales and service. However, the lack of oversight at the General Management level in using said incentive programs have caused discouragement amongst lower management and employees. More oversight in where incentive budgets are spent and how rewards are given may encourage overall moral.

8. "Associate Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, fun environment, great team

Cons

Long shifts, rude customers, a lot of red tapes

9. "Good First Job"

Former Employee - Floorhand in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Floorhand in Tampa, FL

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good management, fun perks like free movies and snacks, time and a half on holidays, school leave optional, employee of the month program

Cons

Low pay, low hours sometimes, must work holidays, customers can be rude sometimes, it's kind of hit or miss with co-workers (they're either awesome or they're not)

Advice to Management

Better raises please! It's a cooperate decision unfortunately, general managers would probably pay us more if they were allowed.

10. "Good for a high school student."

Current Employee - Cast Member in Taylorsville, UT
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The cast members are all fun and kind people. Gained quite a few friends just in the last month or two. Easy job, especially if you're just in high school. Free movies, and half off concessions, total plus for sure.
    Everyone started together which makes it feel like we're all in this together. A nice community.

Cons

What's really giving me second thoughts is the manager's attitudes towards their employees. Some treat us as equals, others really has made me personally feel lower and not respected. Only like three out of the eight, but it has affected my joy coming to work.
    Very minimum hours, so if you have big bills to pay, not suited for you. It has worked out thus far with my budget and everything. Summer is rolling around which I know more hours will be used towards these new movies, but my patience with managers makes me think otherwise.

Advice to Management

Managers here are usually happy, willing to help us, and hardworking. But there's one or two that make me unhappy working here and others. Disrespect and not treating their employees well.

"Eh ok."

Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Usher/Concessions in Ontario, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get free movie tickets and the staff works as a team.

Cons

You only get one extra movie ticket and they don't really give out raises.

Advice to Management

Take more notice of you dedicated employees.

Regal Entertainment Response

May 15, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking a time to leave a review on Glassdoor. We hope that Regal has provided you with skills that you can take with you in all future endeavors.

Showing 1,354 of 1,359 reviews