Regal Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Regal Entertainment Amy E. Miles
Amy E. Miles

1,322 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Hiring help at minimum wage that are 18, keeping that staff for more than a few months (in 123 reviews)

• Management often seemed unqualified to handle certain floor staff situations (in 54 reviews)

1. "Best work experience!"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Regal has been one of the best experiences in a work place! With great co-workers, awesome management, and amazing benefits, I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is just starting out or working while going to school. My location is ran very well by an amazing GM who creates a structured yet fun work environment for all employees. All the management and experienced staff are willing to help and make sure that everyone is succeeding. Upper management sets a great example and always makes time to work along side staff when possible, (even when it involves doing dirty cleaning jobs)! This is a great first job to gain skills for future career development.

Cons

I wish that there were more raises given out to hardworking/experienced employees. I feel as though there are some employees who work very hard and deserve to make more than minimum wage. Also, it is common to work late shifts and holidays at a movie theater.

Advice to Management

Keep on running your theater the way you are now and make more of an effort than you already do to speak one on one with your employees to point out when they're doing a great job! Great work always deserves to be recognized and it boosts confidence when comes from your boss!

2. "Best Job I've Had Yet"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Even when busy, the job is relatively stress free. I'm lucky in I work in a great location with usually great, often clean, guests and the best management team I've worked with, those who will fully support the staff. We look out for more than the bottom line. Happy staff means happy customers.

Cons

Guests continually are angry at things we can't control, but are rather in the guest's control such as sold out or filled shows. It's not our fault you came ten minutes late for a Friday show and couldn't find seat. We do warn you. Luckily my location started fully reserved seating this week to cut down on this.

Advice to Management

Attempted micromanaging from above the DM level. Comparing every week to the previous year as if it's our fault the studios released a huge movie this week last year and not this year and less people came in.

3. "Work with good people"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Davis, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fairly easy job to get and all of the expectations are pretty simple. A very fun job if you have nice coworkers and managers.

Cons

Lots of cleaning. Some managers are mean.

Advice to Management

Be patient but firm with employees

5. "all about who you work with"

Current Employee - Cast Member in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are the best part by far

Cons

No room for movement, management can take forever to produce schedules

6. "Floor staff"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies for you and someone else. Free movies on your break. Different parts of the theatre to work in. 1/2 off concessions. Flexible scheduling. Possibility of cake if you help out in the party room.

Cons

Cleaning up after messy customers. Bathroom disasters. Management didn't always respect you. Have to cover up tattoos and no face piercings.

Advice to Management

Treat others how you would like to be treated if in their position. Don't be so nit picky about the design of our black shoes. If their covered and supported in the back they should be allowed.

7. "Being an usher at Regal was a great first job for me."

Former Employee - Usher in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Usher in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movies for friends and family was great since ticket prices are ridiculously high.
    Co-workers are fun and interesting which makes time go by faster.

Cons

The hours were not consistent. Some weeks I was only give 8-10 hours. You can be given any shift throughout the week which makes it hard to make plans ahead of time. Also, getting a late night shift followed by a morning shift reflects poor management.

Advice to Management

Work on giving consistent hours to floor staff. Being overstaffed results in less hours for workers without much added benefit to the theatre.

8. "Good first job, management needs work."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Henderson, NV

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies, soda, snacks, discounted menu items, flexible hours, usually good co-workers(depends)

Cons

Customers love to yell at you
    Constantly fighting over the "no outside food or drink rule"
    Strict timetables can get you rushing
    Secret shoppers can be ruthless
    (Personally) GM was egotistical, favorite playing, loved to brag about his "hard work" when sitting in the office all day and cluttered up the radio channels.

These all usually vary by location.

Advice to Management

I understand these complaints are all out of your hands and depend on the DM and GMs. But what you do do right, goes very well.

9. "Decent work"

Former Employee - Box Office in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Box Office in New York, NY

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing employees, very entertaining environment and a good employee discount. The company is also lenient when it comes to calling out and sick hours.

Cons

Very unsteady hours, management does not separate the level of employee to manager. There is a potential that you will work very late when new movies come out and it is very unstable.

Advice to Management

Keep your personal life separate to those of your employees.

10. "Regal Review-Concessions"

Former Employee - Concessions in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Concessions in Arlington, VA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Movies
    Free popcorn, etc.

Cons

Job can get boring
    Closing is no fun and you have to stay till about 2 am
    Very low pay

Advice to Management

Put the butter with the condiments so that the employees don't have to butter the popcorn; the line would move MUCH faster.

11. "Co-workers are great but upper management is awful."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time

Pros

The co-workers are by far the best part of this job. The job itself is good and honestly is not at all a hard job but the coworkers definitely make the experience better.

Cons

The GM at my location is awful. Favoritism is blatant and goes out of their way to nit pick employees they don't like until they can fire them but other people they do like (even if their work ethic is less than sub-par) get royal treatment and never get reprimanded for their lack of effort while at work. They in the past have lied to me to get me to come into work on a day off and honestly there is little to no redeeming factor about them. However apart from the GM management does a great job and really do their best to help out the floor staff when ever possible.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate if some of your GM's are actually good at their job and not there just because of seniority.

Showing 1,322 of 1,327 reviews