Regal Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,417 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The position only pays minimum wage (in 131 reviews)

• Management often seemed unqualified to handle certain floor staff situations (in 57 reviews)

1. "Best work experience!"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Floor Staff in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for Regal has been one of the best experiences in a work place! With great co-workers, awesome management, and amazing benefits, I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is just starting out or working while going to school. My location is ran very well by an amazing GM who creates a structured yet fun work environment for all employees. All the management and experienced staff are willing to help and make sure that everyone is succeeding. Upper management sets a great example and always makes time to work along side staff when possible, (even when it involves doing dirty cleaning jobs)! This is a great first job to gain skills for future career development.

Cons

I wish that there were more raises given out to hardworking/experienced employees. I feel as though there are some employees who work very hard and deserve to make more than minimum wage. Also, it is common to work late shifts and holidays at a movie theater.

Advice to Management

Keep on running your theater the way you are now and make more of an effort than you already do to speak one on one with your employees to point out when they're doing a great job! Great work always deserves to be recognized and it boosts confidence when comes from your boss!

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review Regal. We are so happy you enjoy working for the theatre!

2. "Super part time job good for students"

Current Employee - Usher/Concessions in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Usher/Concessions in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment
    Free movies
    Half off items in concession
    Fun work environment
    Meet cool people

Cons

Little to no hours
    Understaffed most times
    Sometimes not given tools to successfully do job
    low pay
    no full-time positions besides management
    Not everyone is trained in all positions

Advice to Management

All employees should be crossed trained and not assigned to one position ( floor, concessions, box) the schedule should be rotating so everyone does every position. Fair distribution of hours would be nice. Also, theater needs to be adequately staffed for expected high volume days

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you have chosen Regal as your current employer. Thank you for taking the time to be open and honest in your review. We are always looking for ways to grow.

"Great entry level job- Management can be difficult"

Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Usher, Cashier, Box Office Associate in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment (More than a year)

Pros

I have met wonderful people working at Regal and have truly felt that my customer service skills have been improved. I think that the job, content wise is not difficult and you can easily move to new positions. The assistant GM is amazing at scheduling and accommodates the 60+ floor staff as best as she can!

Cons

Often I have overhead or experienced unfair treatment by management. They sometimes will misuse their position to make cast member do unnecessary tasks and I have seen managers talk down to cast members when dealing with customer issues, when we are told as long as you follow the policy, management will defend you. I have found upward communication with SOME management feels like walking on eggshells, and can be very nerve wracking. It is also very hard to get holidays or any period longer than three days off and I have been made to feel guilty or punished with bad shifts if my request was approved. Lastly, the expendable floor staff mindset causes high turnover rates and I think management should value staff over profit a little more.

Advice to Management

Please take more of an initiative to show staff that they have value, the MVP program is not a great way to show value to your employees. Take a second to get to know the floor staff personally and they will show more interest in their work. Also be careful with power trips and phrases you chose to let slide by because I have heard managers say things that are not okay to cast members without punishment.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for the review. The concerns that you have mentioned are taken seriously by Regal. Please contact us directly at Jessica.Burnham@regalcinemas.com.

4. "all about who you work with"

Current Employee - Cast Member in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are the best part by far

Cons

No room for movement, management can take forever to produce schedules

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and rate Regal.

5. "Work with good people"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Davis, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a fairly easy job to get and all of the expectations are pretty simple. A very fun job if you have nice coworkers and managers.

Cons

Lots of cleaning. Some managers are mean.

Advice to Management

Be patient but firm with employees

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found Regal to be a fun place to work during your time here!

6. "The downs tend to overshadow the ups"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at Regal Entertainment part-time

Pros

Very flexible schedule and friendly staff

Cons

If you want to move up in the company you need to be prepared to move a couple of times | Pay increases are a joke .05-.25/annually | Lots of negative favoritism

Advice to Management

Change the culture of favoritism among floor and management staff. It's inappropriate for adult management to have teenage staff on their social as well as texting socially.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The issues you have mentioned are taken seriously by Regal. To further discuss this, please contact us directly at Jessica.Burnham@regalcinemas.com

"Not a bad first job, but not much more than that."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My theater had a good group of people working there, atmosphere between coworkers was fun.

Cons

Quality of job was not great, pay was much too low for work performed. Peak hours were quite hectic.

Advice to Management

Keep the quality of management where it is. Have more formal training rather than learn-as-you-go style. Advise to corporate is invest a little more money in payroll and reduce employee turnover.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere at the theatre!

8. "Floor staff"

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Cheektowaga, NY
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Cheektowaga, NY

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies for you and someone else. Free movies on your break. Different parts of the theatre to work in. 1/2 off concessions. Flexible scheduling. Possibility of cake if you help out in the party room.

Cons

Cleaning up after messy customers. Bathroom disasters. Management didn't always respect you. Have to cover up tattoos and no face piercings.

Advice to Management

Treat others how you would like to be treated if in their position. Don't be so nit picky about the design of our black shoes. If their covered and supported in the back they should be allowed.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your time at Regal. We hope Regal taught you skills you will be able to use in all future endeavors.

"Good first job, management needs work."

Former Employee - Floor Staff in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Floor Staff in Henderson, NV

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free movies, soda, snacks, discounted menu items, flexible hours, usually good co-workers(depends)

Cons

Customers love to yell at you
    Constantly fighting over the "no outside food or drink rule"
    Strict timetables can get you rushing
    Secret shoppers can be ruthless
    (Personally) GM was egotistical, favorite playing, loved to brag about his "hard work" when sitting in the office all day and cluttered up the radio channels.

These all usually vary by location.

Advice to Management

I understand these complaints are all out of your hands and depend on the DM and GMs. But what you do do right, goes very well.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would like to hear more about the concerns you have mentioned. Please contact us directly at Jessica.Burnham@RegalCinemas.com.

"Being an usher at Regal was a great first job for me."

Former Employee - Usher in Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Usher in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Regal Entertainment part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free movies for friends and family was great since ticket prices are ridiculously high.
    Co-workers are fun and interesting which makes time go by faster.

Cons

The hours were not consistent. Some weeks I was only give 8-10 hours. You can be given any shift throughout the week which makes it hard to make plans ahead of time. Also, getting a late night shift followed by a morning shift reflects poor management.

Advice to Management

Work on giving consistent hours to floor staff. Being overstaffed results in less hours for workers without much added benefit to the theatre.

May 11, 2017 – Employee Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and working at Regal!

Showing 1,417 of 1,421 reviews