Regal Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Regal Medical Group President & CEO Richard Merkin
Richard Merkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It also offers good benefits to employees (in 6 reviews)

• Great benefits, most supervisors give autonomous working (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • t have any Cons, but you do have to have good time management to complete your assignments on a timely matter (in 5 reviews)

• They want to outsource everything and the outsourced work has a very bad result as no one in India cares about the patient's health (in 4 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Complex LVN Case Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Complex LVN Case Manager in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot as a Case Manger or In patient manager. I learned so much here and I appreciated my start with Annette as VP and Dr. Berenson as the medical director. I was fearful at first, but once the brain engine started working I was able to perform on the high level expected. I loved working here, co workers and my manger Rose-zine Carter was great.

Cons

Sometimes new management could use some classes on management style. When new management came in...oh God what a whirl wind. bu they have all moved on just as fast as they all came.

Advice to Management

Make sure the management team is fair to all employees and not just the ones in the West Covina office. You have a lot of great talent in the San Bernardino office also. And due to the bordum in San Bernardino our team acted out once and that new management team really tool it personal. But they are all gone with the wind.

2. "Customer Service Department"

Current Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Trainer in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I don't have any to comment on this section, this is a great company.

Cons

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time for about 2 years. There is room for growth and opportunities.

Advice to Management

I have a great manager and supervisor that are always supportive.

Jul 10, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we always strive to create new opportunities for our employees to build and enhance their careers with us and... More

"Have to be related or married to an executive, to be promoted here."

Former Employee - Medical Group Operations in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Group Operations in Burbank, CA

I worked at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. There are some hard working folks in leadership, who care and foster growth.
    2. They offer competative salaries and incentives.

Cons

1. There are people hired from unrelated industries and/or lack the educational background for positions that are not necessary or they are poorly suited for, because of thier personal relationships to leadership. Many leave to work for competing medical groups.
    2. Poorly run departments such as customer service. Not up to the standards of any industry. It's amazing how much time is wasted looking at membership loss, when the answers are so obvious.
    3. Growing disatisfaction amongst the medical professional community. Unable to retain physicians in thier network.
    4. There are senior managers that have displayed poor interpersonal skills, decision making, and/ or are not visble, and are not held responsible for the turnover in staff.

Advice to Management

Advice to the owner, secret shop your departments and medical offices. Examine who's in charge and who they're related to. Speak directly to physicians and employees.

Jul 10, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on respecting our employees and providing an environment for them to thrive both professionally and... More

4. "Claims Examiner"

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Little to no supervision for employees

Cons

No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Hire within the company

"Learning Opportunity"

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot about the administrative side of the medical field.
    Work balance
    Good staff

Cons

Low pay
    No room for growth
    No structure
    Bad parking

Advice to Management

Increase pay and stick to standard policy, advance those that have proven to have the skill set for the job that exceeds expectations.

May 24, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are committed to providing as many career opportunities as possible to support our employees in achieving their... More

6. "Marketing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Team Leader in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company! Get opportunities to try new ideas.

Cons

None that I can think of....

May 24, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

We are always happy to hear that we provide a company culture that supports and encourages the efforts of our employees. We are a company that welcomes new ideas and people who possess a “can-do... More

"Financial Recovery Coordinator"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Northridge, CA

I worked at Regal Medical Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch once every 2 months

Cons

Some teammates are very lazy. Straight abuse. If you have a good work ethic, then they will assign extra work to you meanwhile other people slack off, watching movies or cartoons on their smartphones. No one to complain to. Favoritism, Nepotism, and Cronyism is rampant. Horrible corporate culture. Sloppy HR department. Nobody cares about HR violations. Horrible interviewing and hiring process. Do not apply at this place!!

Advice to Management

Horrible corporate culture needs to change at the top first. Favoritism, nepotism, and cronyism needs to end, in order to create a fair and honest culture. Everyone takes the path of least resistance.

May 24, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We pride ourselves on treating everyone we encounter with respect and try and practice the highest level of integrity... More

"Not the Greatest"

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, like co-workers, location

Cons

I've never worked for a company that has so much discrepancies in ranges of pay. The same job across different departments has an extremely wide berth of a pay scale. Employee Services will bring you in low and then continue to base all your advancements on your starting salary, regardless of the job you are promoted to. It's all about who you know in the company. Lots of favoritism. Lack of truthfulness.

Advice to Management

Too much micro-managing. Have a little compassion for your people. Senior Management should set the example and follow the same rules handed down by them.

May 24, 2017 – PR/Social Media Specialist

We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback about your experience. We always strive to provide a fair and competitive compensation for our employees. We do our best to recognize their... More

9. "Inpatient Case Management"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits package including generous PTO/sick time, continuing education benefits, 401k, medical/dental/vision. Strong support from leadership team. Opportunities to advance within the company. Promotes & strongly emphasizes the "team environment". Many resources available to assist employees within their role. Recognizes employees for hard work.

Cons

Fast paced environment with high enrollment rate every month requires strong multi-tasking & time management skills which can be difficult to adapt to

Advice to Management

High executives within the company need to have more one on one/face to face time with the employees in satellite offices

10. "Care Management Coordinator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

I have been working at Regal Medical Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Regal is a strong, stable and growing Medical Group with goals of achieving and providing excellent patient care. It also offers good benefits to employees.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, time management is very important to finish the task on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Maintain good rapport with employees, Our department has a strong teamwork.