Regency Beauty Institute Campus Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

Found 13 reviews

2.9
Joe Gaylord
  1. "The best company to work for..."

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regency cares deeply about the success of their students and employees. I have served in every role in a campus environment and leaders recognize your hard work and dedication. Working with the students, co-workers, AM's, and HQ was the best part of being with this company. They believe in consistent training and development of talents whether in the classroom or areas of enrollment. This company has creative approches...

Cons

The company has gone through some changes in 2015 however they always delivered information with grace and understanding. They were a pleasure to work for and I would definitely reccomend this company to future professionals.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring. Every area manager I had the pleasure to work for showed passion in the brand and culture we conveyed in the field. Vice president and CEO also very passionate and caring of company employees/student artists.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-15
  2. "Campus Manager"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Top rated educational facility with the most updated technology.

Cons

Company is now closed. No further employment offered.

Advice to Management

N/A

Regency Beauty Institute2017-01-23

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Lansing, MI

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very poor decisions made by this company. Questionable leadership that gives zero support to campus staff. Area managers and HR compromise documents to ensure the blame falls on campus managers. Don't work here.

Cons

This company made me hate an industry I've spent my whole career in. I will never work at another school.

Advice to Management

Stop lying and hire supportive area managers that know how to grow leadership.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-07-22
  4. "A new beginning"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always moving forward with education. In the past 2 years corporate has learned to listen to field employees to use feedback for the better of the company. Excellent pay, 4 weeks paid time off, great team support and amazing innovative curriculum.

Cons

The 4 weeks paid time off is set so you don't have the opportunity to take time off outside of those 4 weeks. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, it's been a great couple of years! Studio luma is rock solid education. ART values are great but would like to see a more solid mission statement and values similar to guiding principles.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-16

"Great company"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive upper management,Room to advance,Working with people and changing students lives,innovative

Cons

No vacation time,have to use PTO for vacation ,or take pto before your weekend off to get several days off

Advice to Management

Incorporate vacation time to spend with families

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-14
  6. "Love this Organization"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with this organization since June 2011. It is a company for growth. I started off as an educator and have worked all the roles in the campus. The growth and development I have gotten while employed with Regency is great. They are for change and reinventing to stay ahead in this industry. What I love most is that there is room to grow and room to move up in your position (they support Regency affiliates full fledge)...

Cons

No one or any company/organization is perfect, however I honestly have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work for all that you guys have done and are doing.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-10-23
  7. "Campus Manager"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Belvidere, IL

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Making a difference in students lives. Learning how to multi task.

Cons

No advancement or No appreciation for their employees

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-07
  8. "Campus Manager"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The salary was good and the schedule was decent. The students were the highlight and training the students was a positive.

Cons

The benefits were expensive and management was poor in regards to fairness and communication.

Advice to Management

Management should do more to listen to field employees. Also the curriculum could use more real situations the students will encounter once they leave.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-10-19

"CM"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Middletown, MD

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with students and using great products.

Cons

Poor upper management. Area managers overworked and aside from the weekly meeting they don't really comunicate with their managers althought they say they do. They also lie for unknown reasons. Maybe to make them selves look important. Not sure really.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your AMs. They aren't as good as you think they are. You risk to loose many good employees for listening and trusting the wrong people.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-09-17

"Seems to be a sinking ship"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Studio luma could be an outstanding curriculum with a few tweaks, pretty accommodating with supplies and campus needs. Leaders have fairly free reign over the way the campus is run.

Cons

The whole structure of the company has crumbled. The understanding is the students pay our paycheck so let them do as they please. That is not teaching them to be successful in the world. They treat staff members with total disrespect with no real repercussions, they come and go as they please and don't seem to have any real passion or respect for the industry . There is only 2 members of upper management left at this...

Advice to Management

Value your staff more, take their input! Value the industry more, teach the students this is a respected profession and it takes dedication and structure .

Regency Beauty Institute2015-07-11