Regency Beauty Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Regency Beauty Institute Reviews

Updated Aug 5, 2019

Found 96 reviews

Regency Beauty Institute CEO Joe Gaylord  (no image)
Joe Gaylord
  1. "Amazing place to work!"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great people, great students, great location

Cons

No cons I can think of

Regency Beauty Institute2017-07-11
  2. "Company Closure"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay, benefits, paid time off. Freedom to operate the classroom how it works for you and your group of students.

Cons

Stress associated with teaching adult student artists. Also, too much change too fast attributed to its downfall in September 2016.

Advice to Management

Also, too much change too fast attributed to its downfall in September 2016. So sad to have to say goodbye to my Regency family.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-11-16
  3. "Senior Student Services Specialist"

Former Employee - Senior Student Services Specialist in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I absolutely loved my career with Regency. This was a business ran by professionals who cared about staff development, their students and everyone's overall success. I received so much training that can be applied to both my personal & professional life, and will contribute strongly to my next career.

Cons

The only con I have is that it closed permanently, I was very happy with my career and my growth opportunities.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-11-01
  4. "Fantastic place to work, unfortunately it closed"

Former Employee - Corporate Management

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

School was focused on the student and improving their experience. They were innovative and had many technology improvements. I grew considerably as a professional as the company was committed to growing its employees.

Cons

It closed due to funding.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-10-28
  5. "My family"

Current Employee - Teacher in Duluth, MN

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Regency Beauty Institute has been the best place I have ever worked in my entire life. Stephanie is my campus manager and Shelly is my co-teacher and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been taught and I have learned so much from these two and I think it's the greatest place to work!

Cons

There are no cons to describe the student store my campus manager or Shelly, they have been nothing but nice and encouraging. They have taught me both so much I idolized both of them to the fullest!

Regency Beauty Institute2016-09-29
  6. "Lead Educator"

Current Employee - Lead Educator

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute part-time

Pros

Wonderful place to work. In my experience I've received complete support and daily encouragement from my campus manger and human resources. The owner of the company vista often which adds Value and a sense of comfort...as a former student and current employee my journey with this company has rally shaped my life. I'm greatly appreciative and fortunate. With the birth of Studio Lumia they have change the quality big... the cosmetology professional

Cons

Not enough licensed teachers out there applying for these wonder positions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. A gift on our anniversary would be sweet.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-09-20
  7. "Positive corporate company"

Current Employee - HQ Staff in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

Regency is different than other corporations. The decisions that are made are based on the students. So much goes on behind the scenes that most will never see or here about - Pros/cons, brainstorming, team work, praise and feedback between all "levels" of employees. Management does their best to hire quality staff both in the field and at HQ.

Cons

Like others, would love to have sick time vs. Just PTO.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Regency should not be put into the corporate "bucket". Being up and coming and progressive is important in an ever evolving industry.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-03-28
  8. "The best company to work for..."

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regency cares deeply about the success of their students and employees. I have served in every role in a campus environment and leaders recognize your hard work and dedication. Working with the students, co-workers, AM's, and HQ was the best part of being with this company. They believe in consistent training and development of talents whether in the classroom or areas of enrollment. This company has creative... approches with education and care about the individuals delivering it.

Cons

The company has gone through some changes in 2015 however they always delivered information with grace and understanding. They were a pleasure to work for and I would definitely reccomend this company to future professionals.

Advice to Management

Keep inspiring. Every area manager I had the pleasure to work for showed passion in the brand and culture we conveyed in the field. Vice president and CEO also very passionate and caring of company employees/student artists.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-15

"Great company"

Current Employee - Campus Manager

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive upper management,Room to advance,Working with people and changing students lives,innovative

Cons

No vacation time,have to use PTO for vacation ,or take pto before your weekend off to get several days off

Advice to Management

Incorporate vacation time to spend with families

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-14
  10. "Up and Rising Company"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regency is a Great company to work for. the pay is very competitive, and the curriculum is Amazing. Regency offers the cutting edge Technology in which the curriculum is delivered. This enables the Teachers to focus on setting a strong foundation in Cosmetology.

Cons

If you are an Old School Teacher this may not be a good fit for you.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-09