Regency Beauty Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Joe Gaylord
  1. "A new beginning"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Always moving forward with education. In the past 2 years corporate has learned to listen to field employees to use feedback for the better of the company. Excellent pay, 4 weeks paid time off, great team support and amazing innovative curriculum.

Cons

The 4 weeks paid time off is set so you don't have the opportunity to take time off outside of those 4 weeks. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Keep listening, it's been a great couple of years! Studio luma is rock solid education. ART values are great but would like to see a more solid mission statement and values similar to guiding principles.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-16
  2. "instructor"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

I enjoyed sharing knowledge with students. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Too much micro-managing from corporate.

Advice to Management

none

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-24
  3. "teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

Teaching students was amazing. Best part of the job

Cons

Toxic work enviroment. Took abuse from staff

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff regarding other staff

Regency Beauty Institute2015-12-17

"Unless you want to feel like your job is always on the line DONT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willoughby, OH

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

The pay is ok but u will work 4 every red cent ...and b pushed 2 the limit

Cons

Students, no backing from CM or corporate...student can do and say what they want with no consequences.New curriculum is a way to do away with teachers.

Advice to Management

Its a school NOT just a way for you to make money.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-01-13

"Great company"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive upper management,Room to advance,Working with people and changing students lives,innovative

Cons

No vacation time,have to use PTO for vacation ,or take pto before your weekend off to get several days off

Advice to Management

Incorporate vacation time to spend with families

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-14
  6. "Up and Rising Company"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Regency is a Great company to work for. the pay is very competitive, and the curriculum is Amazing. Regency offers the cutting edge Technology in which the curriculum is delivered. This enables the Teachers to focus on setting a strong foundation in Cosmetology.

Cons

If you are an Old School Teacher this may not be a good fit for you.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-09

"High turn over, terrible upper management, low raises, constant change and inconsistencies."

Former Employee - Lead Educator in Lansing, MI

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a few amazing people who I will always hold close to my heart. If it wasn't for these three people I would have lasted as long as I did. The new curriculum is exciting and different from any other.

Cons

In the year and a few months that I worked there we had three area mangers, four different instructors, countless upper management. I have never seen so much turn over. The company went through a very large change and new curriculum that we were hyped up about. They failed to tell anyone there would be mass firings. We had seven employees before the changes and when I left there were two and another campuses manager was...

Advice to Management

Have consistency, support the people in the feild, better raises.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-12-04
  8. "Great Staff experience terrible upper management"

Former Employee - Educator in Denver, CO

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute

Pros

the facilities are clean and beautiful

Cons

They harass employees and students.The owners and management are in the business for one reason only...to make money. They are not concerned with guiding students in the art of the business All the management cares about is producing cookie cutter students who barely pass state board and go on to work at chop shops such as super cuts, cost cutters and JC Penneys.

Advice to Management

Take an interest in the art of the industry and training students to be the best that they can be. Upper management is way too top heavy. put more emphasis on paying good educators a good salary. Get rid of the cookie cutter mentality.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-11
  9. "Love this Organization"

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with this organization since June 2011. It is a company for growth. I started off as an educator and have worked all the roles in the campus. The growth and development I have gotten while employed with Regency is great. They are for change and reinventing to stay ahead in this industry. What I love most is that there is room to grow and room to move up in your position (they support Regency affiliates full fledge)...

Cons

No one or any company/organization is perfect, however I honestly have no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work for all that you guys have done and are doing.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-10-23

"Took pride in my job! Heartbroken to give 3 stars"

Current Employee - Campus Staff in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

Pay is good (Depending on where you live)... Field Staff has best job IF YOU HAVE A GOOD CAMPUS MANAGER THAT CARES! Great resources to teach students. No out of pocket teaching.

Cons

Students that pay, stay. All students get an honorable mention award. You are awesome.. Good job. You suck.. Good job. If students don't like you they complain and it really can affect your job. Recently fired amazing area managers for under qualified idiots. Students can get away with whatever and be the worst stylist and still graduate. Sucks for hard working students.

Advice to Management

I have met the owner and loved him. He seemed genuinely proud. But campus operations staff doesn't have a real grasp of the campus life. They come in, observe and make decisions within 2 hours. Actually talk to all staff. PRIVATELY. I think there are some managers who are all in.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-10-23