Regency Beauty Institute "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Regency Beauty Institute Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Aug 5, 2019

Found 96 reviews

Joe Gaylord
Pros
  • "Regency is a Great company to work for(in 5 reviews)

• "Working with students and being part of assisting them in shaping their personal goals after school(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Drastic change in upper management- new team have no morals or concern for students or staff(in 10 reviews)

• "Micro management and lack of support made for a fairly negative environment and a fair amount of unhappy staff(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Educator"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time

Pros

Working with students and being part of assisting them in shaping their personal goals after school. I always enjoyed having new classes, preparing students for the state board exam and seeing each student's personal growth as they moved through the program.

Cons

Strange culture at times, upper management didn't seem to understand the students that were attending the program. Constant changes in curriculum and unrealistic expectations of students and staff. High price tag for education but supplies and student kits didn't meet most students expectations. Never having enough supplies in stock, students kit items constantly breaking.

Advice to Management

Work on gaining more knowledge of the students attending campuses. Work diligently to find a curriculum that works and ask for the input of the actual educators delivering that curriculum day in and day out. Find ways to build campus culture that are not bending the rules, as a job training school it is extremely important for students to truly understand what it is going to take to be successful in the salon industry....

Regency Beauty Institute2017-10-10
  2. "Campus manager and instructor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was a good company until upper management changed

Cons

Went out of business closed all campuses

Regency Beauty Institute2016-10-19
  3. "Full time employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I Gained a lot of knowledge in many areas. For the most part the heath insurance was great. Learned from many different managers

Cons

Did not have s good family work life balance. Upper management was awful to work for. Lost sight of why they were a school in the first place.

Advice to Management

It is sad that the company had to close its doors but looking back over decisions that were made by the CEO and upper management it makes a lot of sence. Listen to the people around you doing all the work next time.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-10-14

"Campus Manager trainer"

Former Employee - Training Campus Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked with some amazing leaders, educators & students

Cons

Advice to Management

Look at who's leading your field team - from 2009-2014 enrollment & success rate has plummeted. Upper management is compiled of snakes - so sad. Hayes or joe do you not see the changes in the company? How do they keep their jobs? Do they know too much?

Regency Beauty Institute2016-08-20
  5. "Just teacher with no room to grow"

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Luma is a great concept for some learners. Hours are nice especially since you probably will have to work at a salon to compensate for your compensation.

Cons

Students run the company. Teachers have no authority. If you don't suck up to upper management you will never move up in the company. I wish I had more characters....

Advice to Management

Don't pay to relocate a manager that already had a school fail instead try promoting within the school. Listen to your teachers not just managers.

Regency Beauty Institute2016-07-21

"Great company"

Current Employee - Campus Manager

I have been working at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Supportive upper management,Room to advance,Working with people and changing students lives,innovative

Cons

No vacation time,have to use PTO for vacation ,or take pto before your weekend off to get several days off

Advice to Management

Incorporate vacation time to spend with families

Regency Beauty Institute2015-11-14

"High turn over, terrible upper management, low raises, constant change and inconsistencies."

Former Employee - Lead Educator in Lansing, MI

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a few amazing people who I will always hold close to my heart. If it wasn't for these three people I would have lasted as long as I did. The new curriculum is exciting and different from any other.

Cons

In the year and a few months that I worked there we had three area mangers, four different instructors, countless upper management. I have never seen so much turn over. The company went through a very large change and new curriculum that we were hyped up about. They failed to tell anyone there would be mass firings. We had seven employees before the changes and when I left there...

Advice to Management

Have consistency, support the people in the feild, better raises.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-12-04

"CM"

Former Employee - Campus Manager in Middletown, MD

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with students and using great products.

Cons

Poor upper management. Area managers overworked and aside from the weekly meeting they don't really comunicate with their managers althought they say they do. They also lie for unknown reasons. Maybe to make them selves look important. Not sure really.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your AMs. They aren't as good as you think they are. You risk to loose many good employees for listening and trusting the wrong people.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-09-17

"Seems to be a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Campus Manager

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute full-time for more than a year

Pros

Studio luma could be an outstanding curriculum with a few tweaks, pretty accommodating with supplies and campus needs. Leaders have fairly free reign over the way the campus is run.

Cons

The whole structure of the company has crumbled. The understanding is the students pay our paycheck so let them do as they please. That is not teaching them to be successful in the world. They treat staff members with total disrespect with no real repercussions, they come and go as they please and don't seem to have any real passion or respect for the industry . There is only 2 members of upper...

Advice to Management

Value your staff more, take their input! Value the industry more, teach the students this is a respected profession and it takes dedication and structure .

Regency Beauty Institute2015-07-11

"Campus Manager"

I worked at Regency Beauty Institute

Pros

Outward appearance is they are growing, very difficult to believe.

Cons

Upper management unprofessional and should be required to take training to deal with employees.

Advice to Management

Offer training to your upper management staff it is important if you want to survive in this business.

Regency Beauty Institute2015-07-03