Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews

Updated June 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes can be a difficult work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Company expansion comes with growing pains (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate III in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Good work culture, employee-friendly, small-company feel.

Cons

Career growth could be slow at times.

"Temporary only"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Rensselaer, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Rensselaer, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Good scientific rigor
    Bland
    Tries to make a difference

Cons

No direction
    One trick pony - innovation
    If you like low sodium Saltines, this place is it!
    Group Think Factory - innovation
    Try to Stay ethical and legal

Advice to Management

Deliver products to patients or go innovate on your own dime.

"Good for all departments except for IT"

Current Employee - Research in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Most people are very innovative, very caring (see below for the exception)...

Cons

When I first started here two years ago, meetings involving folks within the IT department were friendly and cooperative. Now the folks with IT remind me of deers staring into a headlights waiting to be run over by a truck. Its a wonder some of them don't faint under the stressful environment that they now are forced to work in. I haven't seen anyone smile who works within IT for months...

IT now has a culture where the overriding imperative is not to help others, but to "CYA" so the CIO chooses someone else to yell at and berate. And he still may berate or even belittle you in the most unprofessional way possible, just because he's in a bad mood. He seems to mistreat female employees the worst.

It's so sad to see my friends in IT being mistreated like this.

Advice to Management

Take a long, hard look at the IT department and how miserable everyone is because of the unprofessional, vindictive, and petty CIO.

4. "Very providing company"

Current Employee - Animal Care Tech in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Animal Care Tech in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company does a lot for employee to succeed. Much help is given with with furthering education and training sessions can be arranged easily.
    Lots of parties to help break up the year. Clean modern facilities. No micromanaging.

Cons

Obsession over team work. 95% of the work at Regeneron is inherently NOT teamwork based, yet from all the way up on high, there's this delusional obsession to get everyone all cute and cozy with eachother. It's trying too hard, especially since many positions have no teamwork.

Advice to Management

Let employees live their own lives. These constant pushes for teamwork get real annoying and most can see right through the thin veil of fake happiness.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture, best of all of the many companies I have ever worked at. Great pay, bonus, stock options and health benefits. Plus it is a company that has amazing science, truly amazing things going on all around you every day. The IT organization is undergoing a lot of change and is in a bit of turmoil now, but is definitely improving and getting realigned to be a much improved organization. The new leadership of IT is tackling problems that have plagued the organization for many years.

Cons

The fast growth leads to a lot of chaos. The chaos leads to a lot of stress. In spite of claiming to be non-bureaucratic, there are extremely bureaucratic processes that cause a lot of unneeded stress.

Advice to Management

Please keep the great company culture alive and well and don't let success be an enemy. Future success is dependent on keeping the company culture in place and will let the company continue to grow and thrive.

"Not the place to GROW your career.....Mom & Pop environment"

Current Employee - Senior Contracts Coordinator in Glen Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Contracts Coordinator in Glen Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have limited skills you can survive for a very long time.

Cons

Several employees with limited skills hang around for a very long time. Unprofessional, scared to move into the 21st century. Not many processes for standard business practices. Hard to advise unless you conform to the status quo.

Advice to Management

Shake the tree and hire change makers. The veteran employee is great but what new skills can they provide if they don't have any other business skills to bring to the company. Change is GREAT...Advancing the company to the next level can only be done by people who bring new ideas.

"Will anyone save us ?"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about this company hands down is their desire to help you grow. Courses are offered year round that help you reach your goals.

Cons

Working in IT under the new VP/CIO is like having one thousand paper cuts and submerging yourself in rubbing alcohol. EVERY SINGLE DAY. He is a tyrant who had made the lives of his staff miserable with many choosing not to take vacations because they want to save money as he is constantly threatening to fire people. With the department HR rep refusing to take action, many employees have decided to move on to different companies where they will be respected and treated like humans. when he is not threatening to execute you, which I'm sure is against company policy and grounds for dismissal or a lawsuit, he's calling you stupid and breaking you mentally and spiritually. He has mentioned that the Regeneron way is by babying people and is against many of the policies and procedures. At the end of the day, what will it take for you to remove someone who is causing issues? A lawsuit? He's verbally threatening people and you all are ok with that. No action as been taken at all by HR (which is a joke by the way). MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN!

Advice to Management

Get rid of him or continue to watch your company fail.

"Gross and Toxic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK pay, good benefits, free food. If you have a family who depends on this paycheck, then stay - i guess most people are there because of that. Be very careful when you are interviewing. Observe everyone and their energy. I made a mistake of jumping into this place thinking it is really #1. There were red flags for sure, but I was too naive and excited.

Cons

If you ended up in a wrong department/group, like me, you will feel like battling at a war zone everyday. Abusive and negative supervisor with no knowledge of leadership and creates negative working group and environment. One day I went to a doctor and she was worried because my blood pressure was up to 150..... Thank God i'm no longer here. Never had I experienced anything like that. I still have nightmare about this place once in a while. I was truly traumatized. Going to meetings was like going to hell.

Advice to Management

No management will do anything about it, the only way to fix it is to fire all the management team. But that is not going to happen because they are making a fortune from stocks and they've been sitting there bullying their way for more than 10+ years. Purely gross and disgusting place. All the negative reviews here are true. The positive reviews - i didn't have the luck to work with those great people.

9. "Medical specialist"

Current Employee - Medical Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adult culture, science not lawyers and accountants drive the business, highly respected company

Cons

Benefits such as 401k and time off not up to standards of other biotech giants

Advice to Management

Review benefit offerings, continue to reinforce our culture vs collaboration partners

"Guidance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Teamwork, great corporate culture

Cons

Work in silos, too aggressive, no work/life balance

Advice to Management

Senior management should have a better Idea of how middle management is performing