Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes can be a difficult work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Growing pains leading to burn outs (in 16 reviews)

"Will anyone save us ?"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about this company hands down is their desire to help you grow. Courses are offered year round that help you reach your goals.

Cons

Working in IT under the new VP/CIO is like having one thousand paper cuts and submerging yourself in rubbing alcohol. EVERY SINGLE DAY. He is a tyrant who had made the lives of his staff miserable with many choosing not to take vacations because they want to save money as he is constantly threatening to fire people. With the department HR rep refusing to take action, many employees have decided to move on to different companies where they will be respected and treated like humans. when he is not threatening to execute you, which I'm sure is against company policy and grounds for dismissal or a lawsuit, he's calling you stupid and breaking you mentally and spiritually. He has mentioned that the Regeneron way is by babying people and is against many of the policies and procedures. At the end of the day, what will it take for you to remove someone who is causing issues? A lawsuit? He's verbally threatening people and you all are ok with that. No action as been taken at all by HR (which is a joke by the way). MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN!

Advice to Management

Get rid of him or continue to watch your company fail.

"Guidance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Teamwork, great corporate culture

Cons

Work in silos, too aggressive, no work/life balance

Advice to Management

Senior management should have a better Idea of how middle management is performing

3. "Medical specialist"

Current Employee - Medical Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adult culture, science not lawyers and accountants drive the business, highly respected company

Cons

Benefits such as 401k and time off not up to standards of other biotech giants

Advice to Management

Review benefit offerings, continue to reinforce our culture vs collaboration partners

"Rensselaer is a disaster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY

I worked at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company pays well, has good benefits, and promotes quickly. If you can get into a department that doesn't directly support manufacturing (i.e. HR or continuous improvement) you are likely to reap the benefits the company has to offer, the rest are the ones doing the bulk of the work for the company without the free breakfasts and events.

Cons

The turnover in manufacturing is constant resulting in promotions in less than a year of working with the company. Within three years a 25 year old can be an associate manager. This has resulted in unprofessional and untrained management. The management doesn't know how to differentiate the desire to be friends with their reports versus delegating and managing them.

Across departments individuals are backdating and forging peers initial and dates on documents. HR and management brush these actions under the rug rather than taking care of the problem.

Despite concerns about lack of breaks in manufacturing, management seems to alleviate none of these issues. It takes an employee being gravely injured to allow the other employees a lunch or water break from the clean room. Health and safety issues are constantly brought to management, HR, and EHS. Issues like no breaks for 10 hour shifts, rusting equipment, and hoses leaking 10N NaOH are constantly ignored.

The culture of the company has diminished. They no longer seem concerned with a person's personality fitting with the Regeneron 5, just the need to rapidly fill hundreds of positions at a site that is at max capacity. Individuals are trained poorly, pushed to off-shift positions with limited guidance and scolded for any mistakes made.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns, before individuals get hurt worse than they already have been.

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - New York in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - New York in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good employee culture.
    Competitive Pay
    Stock Options
    Health Insurancce

Cons

Too far away from the City

Advice to Management

Tarrytown

"Think twice"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Manager in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

No formal dress code, has quarterly parties, kids day for columbus day holiday

Cons

No work life balance; management doesn't know how to properly resource the dept.

Advice to Management

Understand the frustration of the dept re. resourcing; instead of just acknowledging, do something more tangible than giving us lip service.

7. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Tarrytown, NY

Pros

Better environment than previous employer.

Cons

Far commute ... but that isn't their fault.

"Great innovation. Hard to recruit and retain top talent."

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Endless opportunities to take on high level responsibility and gain exposure to many aspects of the business.

Cons

Endless volumes of work because most groups are either understaffed due to approved headcount or failure to convince people to commute to Tarrytown.

Advice to Management

Offer more incentive for motivated employees where the carrot on the stick is concrete. Consider improvements in real benefits package.

"So sad"

Current Employee - IT Administrator in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - IT Administrator in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the overall culture and the focus on the science-to-medicine, the company has a good pipeline and hopefully will do well for years to come. Theres some fun perks for the employees like summer parties and free frozen yogurt.

Cons

I like this company so much and writing something bad about them is heartbreaking for me but it has to be said, due to the terrible and toxic environment in IT. The overall good culture of the company just doesn't exist there anymore. I found out about glassdoor.com from a colleague and I'm glad this forum is here for my voice to be heard. But honestly, I just hope someone is listening. In the span of less than a year, Regeneron has gone from a place I wanted to stay to a place I may have to leave and fast.

Advice to Management

Dear Management, My advice is to listen to what is being said about IT. It's a small company and we all talk. We all know that the abusive and sometimes cruel words and actions of the VP/CIO have been reported to HR and compliance and yet nothing has been done to bring a change here. Like they say to addicts, you can't get better until you admit that you have a problem. Well Regeneron has a problem and it's time to admit it before even more damage is done. Regeneron is growing so fast and IT needs to grow up so that it can serve the needs of the people doing the real work, your scientists. But I don't think that can happen under the current leadership, which is more like tyranny. Again I am so sorry to have to write a bad review today but I'm sure lots of others are going to do the same if something doesn't change.

"Hostile Work Environment"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company overall. Innovative thinkers. Genuine care for patients and developing new drugs.

Cons

IT is a nightmare and is an abusive environment to work in. Executive leadership manages through fear and intimidation and is not shy about openly insulting subordinates. Abuses have been reported to HR multiple times and apparently ignored. It's so bad that some are considering legal actions against the company.

Advice to Management

Len and George, I love ya, and you inspire me. But how do you allow this nonsense to continue? What does it say about Regeneron as a whole when IT is such an incredibly bad place to work?