Cover image for Regeneron

Found 1,191 of over 2K reviews

4.0
Regeneron President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer
Leonard S. Schleifer

What people are saying about Regeneron

Join the conversation on

Life Sciences Consulting

1y

a

Technology Consultant

Any insight into regeneron SM or AD salaries would be appreciated. Also, any unique benefits (e.g., continuing education budget, leadership programs)

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefit and close to my home(in 137 reviews)
  • "The people are great and they stood out to me as all very humble people.(in 114 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and Fast(in 88 reviews)
  • "Standard PTO policy but good pay increases every year with a generous year end bonus.(in 74 reviews)
  • "The salaries are good compared to other companies in the area and there are weekend bonus hours which are great.(in 38 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and politics with different departments/ groups/ team.(in 67 reviews)
  • "No work life balance; management doesn't know how to properly resource the dept.(in 59 reviews)
  • "Some of the managers have no clue how to do people management but only blame others.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Very demanding and long hours(in 27 reviews)
  • "Long hours due to growth curve(in 20 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Regeneron and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent

Dec 1, 2022 - Sr. Sourcing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treats employees and Pays employees very well

Cons

Better onboarding process/ a little too drawn out

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

innovative culture but starting to become big pharma

Dec 2, 2022 - Director in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

High quality science in most areas, aiming to address diseases where the is great need. Employees are paid and treated well.

Cons

Losing the spirit of a biotech and feeling more like big pharma in some areas. Decision making and hiring often driven by VP-level folks in domains where they lack expertise (instead of the actual scientists). Lots of meetings. Too many managers.

3. Join the Regeneron team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Nov 29, 2022 - Medical Specialist I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company Autonomy Leadership outstanding High pay Great benefits No micromanagement This is the best Pharma company I’ve worked with so far

Cons

There aren’t many cons. The data for sales quota is sometimes delayed and missing. But they always find a way to work it out.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

It is not what it use to be

Oct 29, 2022 - Manager in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues Excellent benefits Exciting science Impressive pipeline

Cons

Work life balance has taken a hit in recent years, and there is burnout across the IOPS organization. The work continues to build as the company grows but there has been limited action one retaining employees and recruiting experienced talent. Senior Management is often disconnected from the business and day-to-day activities. Communication within and between departments has continued to be a challenge. Therefore, decisions are often made without realizing the overall impact to their teams or important decisions are made that are not communicated to the necessary teams. There has been a lot of unnecessary confusion and drama between teams due to these challenges. When working under compressed and almost always urgent timelines, the additional stress is impacting mental health and work life balance.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Phenomenal people, great science, with purpose!

Nov 22, 2022 - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love being surrounded by people that want to make a real difference to people’s lives. Working with works class leaders. Lots of opportunity to learn, and make life long friends.

Cons

Usual growing pains of a company in high growth.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Mixed feelings about my experience here.

Nov 22, 2022 - Process Sciences Associate II in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The science being executed here is amazing. They really do lead with science and innovation in all aspects of the business and encourage everyone to have a continuous improvement mindset. It is a great place to start if you like to take on initiatives or design your own projects and/or studies aside from your everyday tasks, which is a great way to develop your scientific and leadership skills. 9/10 times management will fund and support your ideas if you build a strong feasibility case.

Cons

I never felt mentorship from my management or that my strong skills were used effectively. There is still a huge lack of diversity in the management ranks, and this trickles down to the overall culture of the teams and how opportunities are granted. For me to grow as a scientist, I had to resort to designing my own continuous improvement projects and taking advantage of the trainings offered company-wide to feel that I was staying competitive with colleagues that did get selected for large projects. I also felt for most of my career here at IOPS that there is a certain personality type and hobbies that make you easy to connect with, and therefore favorable. (Basically have to love hiking, skiing, and follow sports). Which is really unfortunate because although there is a push for DE&I, this more invisible cultural problem causes people to feel excluded and therefore leave for companies in larger cities with more diverse workforces. The PS role is also underpaid for the scope of work. Although the company is improving flexibility, training, and even updating job titles, the biotech industry is growing exponentially and there are many opportunities out there that outperform this company in terms of compensation & flexibility. Don't be afraid as a candidate in this industry to shop around.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Grass is always greener?

Nov 30, 2022 - Research Associate in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The quality of employees was way better years ago. The only person I actually miss is my boss, but good riddance to everyone else.

Cons

Now it's full of people who love to politik and gatekeep to get promotions. Some of them resort to antagonizing you so you'd quit. Sad.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Sep 25, 2022 - Assoicate Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. 12months parental leave. If you're a birthing mother its 18months. Company over all is friendly and supportive Lots of free stuff, shirts food etc Monthly meetings with your manager to review performance

Cons

Fast paced, things move so quickly that you could be coming back from a weekend and a whole new protocol is effective. At first it was cool, but its just constant, constantly changing. All The Time. Not the "small town" feel anymore. company is getting much bigger so with that comes more strict rules and guidelines. Which honestly came from people taking advantage, so that was really annoying. No wiggle room for increased pay. Im not complaining i get paid very well, but there is no negotiating. pay.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Exciting opportunities and great pipeline

Nov 20, 2022 - Manager in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always learning something new Challenging work CEO and CSO wonderful!

Cons

Stagnant development and promotions “Gotcha” mentality Not a lot of time off

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Nov 24, 2022 - Process Sciences Associate II in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young environment and great people. Management is very understanding.

Cons

Can sometimes feel slow to change

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,191 Reviews
</>Embed

Regeneron Reviews FAQs

Regeneron has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,560 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Regeneron to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Regeneron employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Regeneron. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

78% of Regeneron employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Regeneron 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Regeneron to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Regeneron Job Seekers