Cover image for Regeneron
Best Places to Work 2023

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Regeneron Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 28, 2021

Found 89 of over 2K reviews

4.1
Regeneron President, CEO, and Director Leonard S. Schleifer
Leonard S. Schleifer

What people are saying about Regeneron

Join the conversation on

Life Sciences Consulting

1y

a

Technology Consultant

Any insight into regeneron SM or AD salaries would be appreciated. Also, any unique benefits (e.g., continuing education budget, leadership programs)

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Regeneron? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Regeneron employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Regeneron Pharmaceuticals offers great benefits(in 153 reviews)
  • "The people are great and they stood out to me as all very humble people.(in 110 reviews)
  • "Company Culture is great and supportive(in 94 reviews)
  • "Standard PTO policy but good pay increases every year with a generous year end bonus.(in 68 reviews)
  • "The salaries are good compared to other companies in the area and there are weekend bonus hours which are great.(in 38 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and politics with different departments/ groups/ team.(in 66 reviews)
  • "No work life balance; management doesn't know how to properly resource the dept.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Some of the managers have no clue how to do people management but only blame others.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Very demanding and long hours(in 26 reviews)
  • "Long hours due to growth curve(in 23 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Regeneron and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Good work environment

Mar 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work and grow

Cons

More opportunities to move around company

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Good Company

Nov 18, 2021 - Validation Specialist in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly and relaxed work environment

Cons

not a lot of flexibility for remote work

3. 2.0
    Current Employee

Can the IT team be trusted to do the right time for other business units

Nov 8, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The executive management team of Len and George and their direct reports are outstanding. Always patient focused.

Cons

My business unit depends on the IT department. Can I depend on them for my future needs when I have witnessed the CIO manage by insults, anger and fear? At meetings that I have attended, he can be apologetic and pleasant for a very short time and then be downright insulting and threatening. I've heard that he tells his direct reports “outside this meeting room is the most 'talentless' group of individuals that I have ever worked with”. How can I feel comfortable relying on a dysfunctional IT team headed up by this CIO? Again and again I hear that IT has become a hostile work environment with retaliatory comments from the CIO. Being professional, I am sure that HR has discussed these issues with him and quite possibly they want to give him another chance but always remember that a leopard cannot change its spots and neither can he. I’d much rather outsource my IT requirements than rely on the current REGN IT Team.

12 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 2, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and people. Good benefits.

Cons

Working longer hours can be stressful.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive Company with Great People

Jan 21, 2022 - R&D Associate in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive work environment where everyone wants to help you succeed and work towards your team's goals. Ample opportunities for advancement in your position. Also, plenty of opportunities for socializing with colleagues and times to share knowledge with others in the company.

Cons

Not many cons to share.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to begin a pharmaceutical career

Jan 20, 2021 - Biotech Production Specialist in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The collaborative and relaxed work environment encourages teamwork and growth.

Cons

It is extremely difficult to move within the company once in a position.

7. 4.0
    Former Contractor

Accounts Payable Coordinator

Aug 3, 2017 - Accounts Payable Coordinator in Sleepy Hollow, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees are valued and well taken care of in their work environment.

Cons

Unfortunately, hiring is not an option at this time.

8. 4.0

Nov 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have great parties and an overall fun work environment. Len and George are very impressive and seem to do a good job growing the company and keeping things steady.

Cons

Some people are overworked, and the promotions/compensation is not always fair... but you'll get that with any company.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hostile Work Environment

Sep 19, 2016 - Information Technology in Tarrytown, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company overall. Innovative thinkers. Genuine care for patients and developing new drugs.

Cons

IT is a nightmare and is an abusive environment to work in. Executive leadership manages through fear and intimidation and is not shy about openly insulting subordinates. Abuses have been reported to HR multiple times and apparently ignored. It's so bad that some are considering legal actions against the company.

37 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work Hard, Play Hard

Nov 16, 2017 - Temp-Analyst in Rensselaer, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very generous to employees (get to leave early before holidays, free breakfast on Fridays, etc.), challenging but rewarding work with plenty of room for growth.

Cons

Rapid expansion has led to oftentimes crowded laboratories and cube farms. Fast-paced environment leads to regular overtime work and last-minute changes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Reviews