Regional Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.8
Michael Dunn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Not a Fair Company to Work For"

I worked at Regional Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Branch Managers are easy to work with and make the office easy to work in. Pay is decent and hours aren't too bad.

Cons

The work load is okay but way too much is expected from upper management. This company is too worried about hiring their "friends" from former One Main and Citi Financial. It will be a shock to many former employees if Regional is open too much longer. You are taught to compete with each other in the office and in your district when you're supposed to be a team. Branch Managers are put under so much pressure to make loans that it is uncomfortable to solicit because you're under such pressure. Raising rates and extending terms are not the way to help your customers, but it is a way to create a cycle of debt that they cannot undo. The bonus structure is poorly created. It pays more to the supervisors and managers who aren't the ones busting their butts every day to get the office into shape. CSRs can only get a max of 650 and its taxed. They are lucky to make an extra $200 a month for all of the hard work they do. There is no room for growth if you are without a degree and a background at Citi. Tenure with this company means nothing.

Advice to Management

I would advise paying closer attention and rewarding your office teams a little better for their workload.

"Branch Manager"

Pros

Salary is slowly increasing for Branch Managers. You get to meet great colleagues and make lifelong friendships. Great way to start your career in finance.

Cons

Home-Work balance is one of the worst i have encountered. They do not care about your family or home life. They will work you until you have had enough and leave; which will sadly be my fate. They throw people in positions with no training. In doing this, they assume their previous manager trained them. This creates a circle of Non-Compliance. They were trained by people who broke policy or law, then they continue on with their ignorance. They are turning great employees away. STOP making empty promises to employees about being "Manager Material". When time for promotion comes up you skip them for someone else. All of the employees who have no benefit or need of advancement stay, while the ones who could easily advance go. Stop worrying about not paying people unemployment and just let people go! You should not have to conference an adult 8 times before getting them out the door. Stop treating your great employees horribly, and the bad ones with kindness. And, for the love of god, stop looking over the most qualified individual for promotion. You promote the person who annoys you the most about getting promoted just to shut them up.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to line your pockets and start caring about your employees. This business needs more PTO and at least ONE day of sick time. The high-stress environment makes for a tough lifestyle. We all need a break! Two weeks of PTO after 2 years is a joke. Stop piling on useless policies and procedures that make you check the same thing 4 times a day; but you implement it in different wording. Implement "Smarter not harder" techniques. Train the right staff up, and the wrong ones of the door.

3. "Think Hard"

Pros

Most of the co-workers were great.

Cons

Management doesn't care about anything but making money. Bonuses change every month!

"Horrible... Do not work for this company."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in West Columbia, SC

I worked at Regional Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None. There is nothing good about this place. I am glad that I was fortunate enough to find a wonderful job I love!

Cons

The office we were in had mold, they did nothing to fix it. They told us we were lying about it, until the supervisor came in and 2 days later ended up in the hospital. The manager was lazy, she was only allowed to stay because the higher ups felt bad for her and her sob stories. I busted my rear in that office for over 6 years and had nothing to show for it. I was thrown under the bus for stuff I didn't even do.

Advice to Management

Fire the lazy people you have working there... (branch 190) manager, and listen to the people who actually bring customers in to the company. I have seen numerous customers who say they wish I never left and that they hate the new car, and they can't stand the manager.

"Stop do not pass go"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Regional Management (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was a good company back in 2012 through 2014 it had good management and people wanted to see you succeed.

Cons

. Watch your back
    . No trust
    . Low pay
    . Long hours
    . Poor upper management
    . All they care is if you bonus and if you don't your in trouble
    . Empty promises

Advice to Management

Fire everyone from up top and do more training. Get back to the policies this company was founded on.

"Toxic Company Culture"

Pros

I try to be balanced and fair but I honestly can't think of a good thing to say about this company.

Cons

This entire company thrives upon coworkers policing/reporting on one another and throwing each other under the bus. Their entire business plan is based on trapping customers in a cycle of debt. I've never worked in such a toxic environment before.

Higher ups in the company very clearly think their employees are incompetent idiots and as a result micromanaging and oversight is out of control. Supervisors, VPs and managers may be rewards but the people actually doing the day to day work are overlooked.

Hugely inefficient processes. zero flexibility regarding hours and scheduling. They roll out new/updated policies literally weekly. Before employees even have the chance to learn the most reason version they've sent out an update.

Employee turnover rate of 70% in some departments, but management refuses to acknowledge that there's a problem or that changes should be made.

Advice to Management

Do some serious culling of your upper management; you've managed to hire an amazing array of incompetent people who are absolutely horrendous supervisors.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at Regional Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Before the bonus program changed to the current one, managers could make over $100k per year. Now a manager is fortunate to make $75k. Most make around $50k

Cons

Worst communication I have ever experienced. Complete reactionary approach to business model that relied heavily on antiquated approaches to customer acquisition, retention, and collections.

Advice to Management

Nothing, about half the executive team has been replaced and many former leadership personnel have been displaced

"NOT the family environment they want you to believe"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gadsden, AL

I worked at Regional Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DIstrict Manager, always something different going on, Customer Appreciation days

Cons

People in my office liked to stab backs & throw other people under the bus when they did something wrong! Had a boss that apparently wanted me gone because she didn't turn in the info I gave to her that caused me to lose my job! Most people in this company are all in it for themselves not for the teamwork

Advice to Management

HR needs to verify information before believing what they are told!

"What starts as helping people through a rough patch becomes a lifetime of soliciting further debt."

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Regional Management full-time

Pros

Sometimes you really do get to help people. In the beginning.

Benefits could be worse.

A few years ago, you'd stand a chance of promoting from within.

Tenure is rewarded with increasing vacation time.

Cons

After a customer is on your books, you are responsible for keeping them in as much debt as is legally permissible. We used to try to help people with their current problems, then let them pay and refinance. Now, the emphasis is on soliciting people to the biggest loan possible. Now Regional is also regularly raising rates to try to milk more profit out of the already struggling customer base.

As of 2016, bonus goals are intentionally set to be nearly impossible to get a decent bonus. Regular employees are also no longer allowed overtime, so employees are basically meant to be driven to milk all they can out of their already struggling customers so they can scrounge together a meager bonus to feed their families... all while hearing about execs and top performers going on lavish trips...

If you did not work with the current CEO, you will not get a high level position. Or maybe not even a medium level one. If you can become a manager, great. Don't expect to go further.

Advice to Management

Value your customers. Value your employees. Companies that don't do just one will struggle. You're not doing either. That isn't a sustainable business model.

"Midlife crisis"

Pros

Great supervisors. I feel everyone is so willing to help but are so lost. Good career advancement.

Cons

They change bonus plans every year now it seems. Understaffed which causes stress in office. No o e seems to know any of the new policies. Just a very stressful environment now vs two years ago.