Regional Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Regional Management Reviews

Updated Aug 16, 2019

2.2
Regional Management CEO Michael Dunn (no image)
Michael Dunn
  1. "Great growth, progressive continuous improvement, team environment"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Regional Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team environment and culture - they have worked hard to build what they have and are continuously improving. They make changes when necessary and opinions from all levels are important. They have made some really great strides especially over the past few years and I have a lot of respect for the leadership team in place.

Cons

Every company has strengths and weaknesses, the difference with RM is they recognize weaknesses and seek to improve

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing!

Regional Management2019-08-16
  2. "Pay Attention to the Reviews"

I worked at Regional Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really enjoyed the birthday celebrations and working with others outside my department

Cons

You are expected to be all work and have no family life. Some of the managers are not competent enough to manage certain things but will belittle you if you don't know or understand something. The problem always starts at the top, so I advise people to recognize who are the issues in management and value the good employees

Regional Management2019-03-29
  3. "Branch Manager"

I worked at Regional Management full-time

Pros

Fast paced, bonus program was competitive

Cons

Hours, impossible schedule if you have a young children

Regional Management2018-10-17
  4. "Credit Analyst"

I have been working at Regional Management full-time

Pros

Not much, management is kinda lenient

Cons

No work/ life balance

Regional Management2018-10-20
  5. "it was okay"

I worked at Regional Management part-time

Pros

the people you worked with and sometimes the tenants

Cons

the managers were horrible when it came to working with them

Regional Management2018-05-23

"Used to be great"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Regional Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good hours for finance. Middle management that does their best. Good customers.

Cons

Home office is terrible. New COO seems to have to completely lost sight that branch employees are necessary to run a company. They have cut bonuses to peanuts and then on top of that they find more ways to screw you out of what few peanuts you earned. They don’t give targets until halfway through the month, and when you do finally get them they are completely unrealistic. DO NOT GO TO WORK HERE. Yes it really is... that bad. Long term employees are leaving for companies where they are appreciated and compensated fairly.

Advice to Management

Quit screwing your people. There was a time this company was head and shoulders above competitors now we are a laughing stock. You workforce is your best asset, quit trying to pay wages that not even an illegal immigrant work for.

Regional Management2018-04-28
  7. "Work hard, Play Hard"

I have been working at Regional Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work with some of the best people that care about each other and we do excellent work that matters. We get to help people that may not have any other options. The Executive Staff really cares about me and the other people that work for them and are constantly looking for ways to make things better. The management team has spent a lot of time fixing bonuses for branch employees and home office team members so... they would see more from the efforts of their work. The PTO system was overhauled and new employees now get 2 weeks PTO to start and Sick time is being looked at. My supervisor and my direct reports have a healthy working relationship and everyone on my team gets along and have done so for several years without losing a single team member, making us a tight knit team. I am paid better than other similar positions I have seen advertised by other companies.

Cons

The benefits could be better, but are similar to other companies our size. The work can be demanding with short deadlines, and there is a lot of cleanup of old processes and work tools being done that in the long term will be great, but right now is tedious and time consuming.

Advice to Management

Keep advancing the culture of caring that has been developed. Knowing I can count on my peers and managers to have my back is invaluable to my job performance. Having a virtually drama-free workplace means that we need to remain critical during our hiring process and weed out people that don't fit our culture and will work hard without complaining. We all have a job to do and if the management continues to treat... me and my team like we are professionals and only brings on others that are professional and fit our culture we will continue to grow and thrive.

Regional Management2018-03-14

"Don’t work here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

I worked at Regional Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

None there are literally none. Well location isn’t bad I guess and they have coffee and sometimes free food. But I’ll buy coffee before I work there

Cons

Terrible management, I read all the reviews and thought it would be fine. But it wasn’t. They don’t listen, they are stuck up and for what? You’re tricking people who are in trouble into taking high interest loans.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees. Stop using them as replaceable or koggs in a wheel

Regional Management2018-04-11
  9. "Executive Office"

I worked at Regional Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good workers that try hard!

Cons

Upper Management doesn’t do near enough to recognize them. They also do not k ow how to properly assign work.

Advice to Management

Just because they were family members to the the founders doesn’t mean they are qualified to be in management. If your grandma founded the company then you must get automatic management position and they assume you k ow how to manage other people. They do not k ow the proper way to talk to their employees and they do not let the appropriate departments handle their business. The accounting department is the number... one department that needs to be looked at and made responsible for their jobs instead of them depending on everyone else in the company to do it for them.

Regional Management2018-03-04

"Branch Manager"

I have been working at Regional Management

Pros

Salary is slowly increasing for Branch Managers. You get to meet great colleagues and make lifelong friendships. Great way to start your career in finance.

Cons

Home-Work balance is one of the worst i have encountered. They do not care about your family or home life. They will work you until you have had enough and leave; which will sadly be my fate. They throw people in positions with no training. In doing this, they assume their previous manager trained them. This creates a circle of Non-Compliance. They were trained by people who broke policy or law, then they continue... on with their ignorance. They are turning great employees away. STOP making empty promises to employees about being "Manager Material". When time for promotion comes up you skip them for someone else. All of the employees who have no benefit or need of advancement stay, while the ones who could easily advance go. Stop worrying about not paying people unemployment and just let people go! You should not have to conference an adult 8 times before getting them out the door. Stop treating your great employees horribly, and the bad ones with kindness. And, for the love of god, stop looking over the most qualified individual for promotion. You promote the person who annoys you the most about getting promoted just to shut them up.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to line your pockets and start caring about your employees. This business needs more PTO and at least ONE day of sick time. The high-stress environment makes for a tough lifestyle. We all need a break! Two weeks of PTO after 2 years is a joke. Stop piling on useless policies and procedures that make you check the same thing 4 times a day; but you implement it in different wording. Implement "Smarter not... harder" techniques. Train the right staff up, and the wrong ones of the door.

Regional Management2016-12-03