Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Shayne George

"RMCBP"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hudson, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point offers good benefits. The pay is average. The facility is a level 2 trauma center, primary heart and stroke center, and performs open heart and neuro surgery. This offers good experience for medical professionals.

Cons

The administration is continually shifting. There is a high turn over rate among employees. Profit and image are valued more than proper staffing and employee well-being.

Advice to Management

Happy employees make happy patients.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Hudson, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Hudson, FL

I have been working at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're full time you can choose to receive health benefits. But, it comes at a hefty price out of your paycheck.

Cons

Poor raises. No breaks. Understaffed. High turn over of employees quitting due to the way they are spoken to and are being over worked without regard to the toll it takes on their bodied. If you don't have a degree of some sort in this hospital your pay is low and comstamtly driven and told to do more. When they are working as hard as they can and they're given no breaks. It's a hospital. Not a court ordered labor prison camp.

Advice to Management

Your employees want to work hard and do well for the company they are employed by. And, they want to have pride in where they work. But, are overworked due to short staffing for your high turn over rate of patients. Give ALL employees in EVERY department BREAKS. Not just a select few people. When doing a 8 or 12 hour shift employees are experiencing a lot of physical wear and tear on their bodies. And a lot of psychological stress. They don't sit on their behinds. They are working at a running pace constantly to earn the company money and to also help take care of and provide services for every patient who walks or rolls thru your doors. Everyone needs their breaks to decompress. Treat employees better. It takes a village. Don't take away breaks and punish them for all the hard work they do,formyou on a day to day basis..... Come on guys, you know with the high turn over rate of employees at your hospital you're not treating your employees right. If you don't want to give breaks because of the money then start your shifts 15 minutes earlier and end them 15 minutes later. How hard could that be? Bet your employees would appreciate their employer more. Just for those two fifteen minute breaks to step away and allow themselves to decompress and to regroup. Remember, it takes a village to accomplish what everyone ones to achieve. And another old say is "Yes, you can ride a good horse right into the ground until it dies.

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Hudson, FL
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Hudson, FL

I have been working at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started working as a nurse intern while I went to school for my RN. Was offered a full-time RN position right out of school. Transferred to my preferred department within 7 months. Depending on the department, managers are very receptive to employee feedback. Great benefits--medical, dental, vision, short term/long term disability, life insurance.

Cons

Unsafe staffing ratios. Assignments based on numbers, not acuity. On site daycare needs some facility improvement--very outdated. Administration highly focused on "patient experience" rather than employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Focus on the "little people" that keep the hospital running. It is not all about administration. When employees are happy, everything else falls into place.

"It was a decent place to work. Had some good and bad points to working there"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hudson, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Director on my floor was really great. The job was always interesting and you never knew what was going to happen. There was good team work

Cons

Most nights there was not enough staff. They were short CNAs most nights. Pay needs to be increased to stay competitive with other hospitals.

Advice to Management

Increase staffing and this would be an excellent place to work

"Friendly and helpful staff, fair quality equipment, I'll staffed"

Former Employee - CNA in Hudson, FL
    Former Employee - CNA in Hudson, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff was always willing to help and generally friendly. There is room for growth within the company and the potential for picking up extra shifts,

Cons

Often times I'll staffed. Some equipment could have been better maintained or improved. Night shift gets little recognition, often forgot about during employee appreciation or holidays.

6. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse, ICU in Spring Hill, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse, ICU in Spring Hill, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn from experienced nurses.

Cons

New employees be prepared to work every holiday.

Advice to Management

Monitor the schedule.

"CNA"

Current Employee - CNA in Bayonet Point, FL
    Current Employee - CNA in Bayonet Point, FL

Pros

Met some great people, benefits were ok, they did bbq's for employees once a year, easy to find if you had a problem with something

Cons

Work load was way to much, nurses helping out is unheard of. Ever since I left I heard they changed management and it's gotten worse

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, treat others with respect, don't judge just because of our job titles, do more activities for night shift as well

8. "PCA/CNA"

Current Employee - CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point (More than a year)

Pros

HCA is a great corporation to work for!

Cons

12 hour shifts can be long!

"enjoyed the job but dislike their policy"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Hudson, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Hudson, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

no options for personal growth in the job I worked,,most technicians were there longer than me and did not give me a chance to advance,i was able to work a lot of overtime

Cons

no room for growth and not appreciated

Advice to Management

expect respect and give respect

"For profit not for employee or patient"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Hudson, FL

I worked at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers, good temporary or beginning job. Good Education Department.

Cons

Medical Equipment does not work in rooms, high nurse-patient ratio. Little room for advancement. Poor Med-Surgical leadership team.