Regional One Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Regional One Health President & CEO Reginald Coopwood
Reginald Coopwood
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great teamwork, great experience (in 4 reviews)

• Great place to learn new skills (in 3 reviews)

Cons

1. "If you want to make a difference in lives everyday, The MED is the place to be."

Pros

Nurse friendly, overtime available, positive attitudes among coworkers, supportive administration, grateful patients, groundbreaking technology and learning possibilities, amazing opportunities to mold future doctors

Cons

Heavy workload, sometimes low staffing, outdated equipment, outdated building, poor reputation in some departments which reflects upon outstanding departments, potentially dangerous/high crime area or clientele, high stress environment, difficult parking

Advice to Management

Hire more nurses!

2. "Great company"

Pros

Great culture. Friendly Staff. Great Management. Great Quality Care for patients.

Cons

Negative public image although management is working on re-branding.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time

Pros

Growing company with a great vision and superb leadership. Committed to patient safety and many six sigma improvement processes

Cons

401k match could be better

"Nurse Practitioner Trauma, U.T. Regional One Physicians, mid-level provider"

Current Employee - Trauma Nurse Practitioner Hospitalist With the Trauma Surgery Team in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, salary, Work with ~13 trauma physicians & 12 other NP's. covering Trauma ED, Trauma Step-Down/ICU, Post-trauma floors and a Trauma NP clinic. We take care of really sick people and always have back-up. There is a Staff Trauma MD in hospital 24/7/365. ROH has 4 Centers of Excellence: Level-1 Trauma Center & Level-1 Burn Center, Neonatal ICU, High-risk Obstetrics which see patients from all surrounding states. We are a teaching facility connected to University of Tennessee-Memphis; so we work with student nurses, medical students, interns and Residents. Regional One Health is a place where you practice your profession, not just take a job. We give high quality care. That is our expectation of all our employees in every profession.

Cons

I have worked at Regional One Health for 30 years as a critical care Trauma RN, Patient Care Coordinator and Preceptor for 14 years, then as a trauma hospitalist NP for the last 16 years. I obviously like the place. Trauma NP's work 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts per week for 3 weeks and 4 shifts per week for the 4th week. We cover weekends and holidays. Day NP's work days, night NP's work nights. We are expected to work 2 days of the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year group of holidays. We only are expected to work one of the Summer holidays - Memorial day, July 4th or Labor day; but we are expected to work a 3 day stretch over that holiday, so our colleagues can make out of town plans when they are off. We are allowed to make private plans with each other as long as coverage is unbroken.

5. "review"

I have been working at Regional One Health part-time

Pros

The management is great. They care about their employees and patients. They have the best trauma bay their is. And the plastic surgery department is great.

Cons

It isn't really anything I dislike working at Regional One. The employees' as well as all management is friendly and easy to talk to. They take employee and patent care seriously .If you ever have a problem they are quick to try and come up with a solution

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Coding Specialist I"

Former Employee - Coding Specialist I in Bartlett, TN
    Former Employee - Coding Specialist I in Bartlett, TN

I worked at Regional One Health (More than a year)

Pros

Senior management is excellent and shares the success of the organization.

Cons

Most management teams under senior management do not treat their Staff equal or fairly and nothing seems to be done about it. The employees cannot depend on employee relations because employee relations are always on board with management. In other words the employee is wrong without investigation.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equal

7. "Mri Technologist"

Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Lamar, MS
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist in Lamar, MS

I worked at Regional One Health (More than a year)

Pros

Place for Great team work enviornment

Cons

Busy for the amount of employees working there. Need more staff but great place to work

Advice to Management

Needs more employees

8. "Management"

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time

Pros

Awesome team and chances for advancement!

Cons

None. I love it here!

"Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Trauma Division"

Current Employee - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

We care for patients no matter their ability to pay. We have a Level One Trauma Center-the 2nd busiest in the country, a Level One Burn Center, Level One Newborn Critical Care Center, an excellent Women's Hospital with an OB/Gyn department which specializes in high risk pregnancies. In my trauma NP group, our MD supervisors have our backs. We are treated with respect and allowed to use our knowledge in our patient care practice.

Cons

More NP's needed. Trauma NP's coverTrauma ICU/Stepdown Unit 24/7, Trauma ED 24/7, 2 trauma floors and an NP clinic.

Advice to Management

Too many part-time trauma NP's. Full-time staff need more full-time positions opened.

"Administrative Coordinator"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Regional One Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very diverse work environment- great advancement opportunities.

Cons

A lot of workplace politics.