Regions Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 23, 2018
1,301 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

1,301 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great family culture and work life balance (in 64 reviews)

• Great company, good benefits, no problem with corporate (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • The incentive payout to meet sales goals is so low it doesn't motivate me at all (in 74 reviews)

• Upper management drives you crazy with unrealistic customer service expectations (in 54 reviews)

"Good company"

Current Employee - Vice President - Portfolio Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Vice President - Portfolio Manager in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities within the organization. Management is experienced and generally understanding. Flexible work arrangements and remote login is nice

Cons

The company has lots of systems that have to be learned in order to be productive. Sometimes communication is not clear from the executive management team.

Advice to Management

Sound management team. Remember to treat employees as assets and not liabilities

2. "Platform"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

Good place to work

Cons

Salary does not match the duties that are required. They should pay more to keep good employees.

3. "Great Opportunities, Low Pay"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees to work with, decent job growth

Cons

Pay scale not on pace with competitors

4. "Accounting Specialist"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Overall, treat employees pretty well. Pretty good health benefits and vacation time. Observe all federal holidays, including President's, Columbus, and Veteran's.

Cons

Limited to 6 internal job postings per calendar year and 2 outstanding at any given time. Felt like it was challenging to move around. Depends on you, your department, and manager, I suppose.

5. "No Training- Hiring Bankers from outside industry then just leave them on their own to make it..."

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours, holidays off, 401k, vacation 1-4 weeks depending on tenure. Small raises each year. Mostly friendly co workers.

Cons

The Training at Regions is non existent. It can be better or worse depending on the branch you are at, but overall they heavily rely on a few instructor led classes, and we based training that is 80% just PDF documents you have to read for hours. After "menotoring" in your first month there is little to none of coaching. I literally have been left on my own to learn every aspect of an INCREDIBLY complex and Challenging job. I was hired from Retail, NOT banking, and still have had this total lack of guidance. I feel that I could be an incredibly successful banker if I had gotten the training that I so desperately need. Amongst massive corporate changes right now it is so sad to see good employees leaving after just 1 or 2 years because they did not get proper training. I am constantly told what an asset I am and that I TRULY CARE, but they overlook and ignore the need for coaching. I feel that I cannot actually help my clients the way I would love to because of this. After doing this for 9 months, I would like to move over to the Cashline, but I may be forced to leave due to my manager showing the propensity for retaliation for decisions like that.

Advice to Management

Make coaching and training a face to face continued process. In the modernization of banking and roles changing to be "UNIVERSAL" , the Goals (quotas) MUST COME DOWN. This is 60% of why new bankers are not being trained. The other bankers are too worried about making their goals. The Goals are TOO HIGH. 10,000-17000 would be more realistic than 13000-20000.
    I Love this company, I am so disappointed in the lack of training, this could have been so much better.

"It's a solid company, just no real room for advancement."

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hoover, AL
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Hoover, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I actually feel I had one of the more understanding managers I've worked for in a while. No issues with working remote when needed and taking time off. Breakfast was good.

Cons

While I was good with most of the people I worked with, there was really no comrade among us. It felt like being on an island most of the time. I wasn't involved much with new initiatives and projects and I felt like my time was being wasted. While I do not necessarily consider this a con, when the CEO sends out a company wide "reorganizing" and states in the email that some will stay and some will go, it's time to evaluate your career there. I don't feel that my job was in jeopardy, but I also don't feel I was being given the opportunity to contribute in a more meaningful way.

This deserves it's on paragraph here. No bonus structure for people in my position. Very frustrating to have to do reporting for people who did get bonuses. Personally I feel that if only portions of positions can receive bonuses, it's basically an unfair act.

Advice to Management

Consider some type of bonus structure for everyone to participate in. Try to be more involved with the people that work for you.

7. "Solid"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

Worked at a good location with awesome co workers

Cons

commision could be better and higher for those that are putting in the work

Advice to Management

Management was pretty solid cant complain

"Branch manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance is high but good

Cons

Changing “sales tactic”to “uncovering needs” of clients. It’s just changed the word sale to “uncovering”. It’s super high pressure and you could easily lose your job if you don’t make the sales goals and or Gallup goals. They expect you to be a banking wizard learn everything from a “home page”and then apply it. Making sure you do everything g according to policy that is 1000’s of pages to look through. It’s super hard.

Advice to Management

Please take the time to really talk to employees not at them. Please take the time to listen and don’t threaten our jobs by threading us with write ups or termination if goals aren’t met. It’s hard for me to find another job outside of banking as my skill set has been this for 20years and I’m only 40. I literally think I need to see someone for depression and anxiety that this job causes. You are implementing new changes with MBE, but it seems it’s just a cost saving feature.
    Please stop the sales process and the fact you can lose your jobs. It’s scary in the ranks if we don’t meet goal

9. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant M in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant M in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and holidays off

Cons

A lot of focus is on sales instead of relationships with customers

10. "Nice place"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

The pay was great. Scheduling was amazing. Was always able to participate in my kids events.

Cons

Changing of supervisors was detrimental.

Showing 1,301 of 1,323 reviews