Regions Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 17, 2017
1,175 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Regions Financial President, CEO, and Director O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.
O. B. Grayson Hall Jr.

1,175 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As with any bank, you must work to make sales/ goals (in 67 reviews)

• Upper management drives you crazy with unrealistic customer service expectations (in 52 reviews)

1. "Not a great place to work."

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

clean facility when I was working downtown. a few good people here and there.

Cons

I was grossly under paid compared to my male co workers. Regions is like an old gentlemens club culture and are way behind on technology and treating people fairly. A lady in HR who never had any HR training or experience was very rude and in a position she was not qualified for. I was also expected to work 60 hours a week sometimes more on projects that could have spanned longer but they didn't care bc "I didn't have a family"...

Advice to Management

Pay your women right. It was by accident but some idiot in HR sent an excel of information out to our whole group and didn't delete the tab with everyones salaries. (They didn't even get fired for that) Women were by far paid less even when they were better workers than their counter piers who were men.

2. "Learn the workplace"

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

Great benefits: 401K, health, vision and dental insurance, sick time, and vacation time.
    Plenty of ways to access proper procedure, and ways to get answers for problems.
    Really strives to meet the needs of the customer.

Cons

Sometimes management does not want to follow procedure, and it can get you caught in the middle. You have to be willing to put your foot down for following proper procedure.
    Pay will not increase unless there is a dramatic change in job level.

Advice to Management

Emphasis the importance of following procedure through action and not just words.

3. "CPSR"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

Great benefits package. Friendly work environment

Cons

Unorganized, our office lost management and went 6+ months with zero management

4. "Branch Team Leader"

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

Never have to work to many hours

Cons

Training could use some work

5. "Teller III"

I have been working at Regions Financial part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company morale. Encouraged to be the best me.

Cons

No cons so far great company

6. "Financial Services Specialist"

Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Specialist in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Steady Work Schedule, Promotes Community and Giving Back, Open Door Policy with Management, advancement opportunities

Cons

Unrealistic Goals, Sales Goals that Create Internal Conflict or Unfair Advantages /Competition, a real disregard for "core values", Cold Calling with the use of Scripts to sell products and services to customers, fraternizing between management and employees, unsupportive call center

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on those specialists who seem to dodge assisting lower class citizens in the lobby and still meet their sales goals. Close employee and manager relationships outside of work should not be ok and creates an unfair disadvantage to others in the workplace. The scripting tools and placemats are counterproductive. No uses them, but we are forced to memorize them and then we are tested on our knowledge of them. The customers that receive cold calls for the purpose of cross selling are already somewhat annoyed by the solicitation. The scripts are disingenuine and make the sale harder to accomplish because there is no real connection or rapport between the associate and customer. Also, taking away hard earned points when a customer who has opened an account has a fixed income with little cash flow or disposable income is "not doing the right thing" for anyone. The customer is pressured to maintain a higher account balance all for the sake of points, and customer service specialists do not want to make time to open these accounts and truly help those people. Lower class citizens are often viewed as a time robber, and a threat to the scorecard. I often experienced that I was suddenly the only person available to help those people, as my colleague suddenly would appear busy or had to make a phone call or was in mid-process of a loan application. Also, you should ask your team each week how they embraced a core value and discuss the outcome.
    I can name at least 5 situations where the customer was in a financial bind as a result of negligence at Regions Bank, and had to push really hard and escalate matters for a resolution that "did the right thing".

7. "Good Entry Level Position"

Current Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Teller in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear expectations of all employees

Cons

Low Pay for tellers and raises come slowly

"Consumer Banking Manager"

Former Employee - Retired Consumer Banking Manager in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Retired Consumer Banking Manager in Jackson, MS

I worked at Regions Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, strong support structure, very impactful training programs, great franchise with state of the art technology and strong footprint in the Southeast. Very good product suite and line of business partners to support customer needs.

Cons

Very unrealistic goals for Managers and Platform and Teller positions. Staff reductions have gone too far, especially with Tellers. Too many demands that keep retail staff from adequately meeting customer needs. Customer service can be an issue in relation to sales. Senior Management underestimates the level of service issues Branches deal with, especially in rural markets.

Advice to Management

Go to the Branches and spend time on the front line. Form focus groups related to issues in the Branches.

9. "Teller"

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

I love the customers and the employees!

Cons

Stressful, goals, short staffed, and stressful!

10. "Teller"

Pros

Work life balance is ok

Cons

It is so dead its like a ghost town. Management is horrible. No room for growth

Advice to Management

Hire more tellers

Showing 1,175 of 1,193 reviews