Regions Financial "sales goals" Reviews | Glassdoor

Regions Financial Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated Nov 9, 2019

3.2
Regions Financial President and CEO  John Turner (no image)
John Turner
Cons

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, Individual and Team Goals, incentives, benefits

Cons

Constant pressure of sales goals

Regions Financial2019-02-09
  2. "Financial Relationship Consultant"

I have been working at Regions Financial

Pros

Good benefits Good branch manager

Cons

Sales goals changed to ensure failure Promotions based solely on sales Deleted Branch Service/Operations leader position Never enough staff

Advice to Management

In Q2, we were congratulated for doing a great job. In fact, we had done so well that corporate had gone over budget with commission payouts! Rather than pat us on the back, Q3 was not only restructured so that the payout hurdle was higher, but also every single product point value was reduced, guaranteeing that fewer associates would make their goals. It’s debilitating and demoralizing to know that hard work and success will only punish you and earn you an even harder path to success. It’s difficult to accomplish all the operational audit duties that keep us out of prison when we don’t get any concessions against our PE goals. To delete the Branch Service Leader, who performed all the operational duties, and make commissioned staff take time out to perform them with no reward, just ensures that we consistently struggle both to make our sales goals and pass our audits. I like my job and love my team, but y’all make it harder than it should be.

Regions Financial2019-11-10
  3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are nice. Managers are great.

Cons

Customers. Sales goals are high. A lot of goals.

Advice to Management

Either lower goals or make the products count for more points.

Regions Financial2019-09-17
  4. "Strong Arm Sales Goals"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits , current technology, offers a lot of products and services.

Cons

All performances are based off of sales goals. Most top managers have not performed the job duties they are requiring employees to do.

Advice to Management

No advice, they are not open to change. It’s there way or the highway.

Regions Financial2019-07-21
  5. "Management is a joke"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid holidays and most weekends off

Cons

all they care about is you meeting your sales goals

Regions Financial2019-07-19

"Good for first job"

Former Employee - Financial Relationship Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good experience with consumer lending, customer service and teaches you how to maintain sales goals.

Cons

Products and services were not competitive within the market. Management was comprised of people based on tenure versus merit.

Regions Financial2019-04-10

"Honest review"

Former Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bankers hours Decent compensation 401K and paid holidays

Cons

-catty work environment -unrealistic sales goals -high stress due to unrealistic pressures -arrogant upper management

Advice to Management

I'm not really one to write reviews but I feel like I want my experience to be known to any one who is looking to work for this employer. First of all I want to say that leaving wasn't really my choice. I was pretty much forced to leave after regions wouldn't accommodate a minor schedule request so that I could finish my bachelors degree. I mean seriously coming in (or leaving) 45 min late 2 days a week using my vacation time isn't a big request. I just cant get behind and or understand why a company wouldn't want their employees to better themselves and finish their education. That's point one, point two is that it is EXTREMELY sales oriented. Meaning that, you are going to be constantly stressed out trying to hit goals that aren't realistic. Management with "coach" (read: berate) you for not getting a home equity loan out of someone who doesn't need a home equity loan!!! (watch out Wells Fargo, Regions is coming for your unethical buisness practices). Lastly, the environment can be very catty, competitive, and hostile, if your put with the wrong coworkers, and don't bother going to management about it, they will just talk about you behind your back. I mean seriously. I though this just how things were in the professional world but after leaving this job I see how abnormal and messed up this whole " workplace culture" is. What's worse is after I put in my two weeks I wasn't even contacted for a exit interview. I guess the company does not want to know or care about how their ex-employees feel. Oh and one more thing. As far as insurance goes, what am I supposed to do with "blue cross blue shield of ALABAMA" when I live in FL, this was very frustrating. I'm sorry but Regions, get it together.

Regions Financial2019-02-27

"Your Milage May Vary"

Former Employee - Financial Relationship Consultant

I worked at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros included holidays and paid time off. Corporate tries to do a lot of good things for people.

Cons

Once off the corporate level onto the district level is where it falls apart at least in mine. The bad reviews seem to show the difference between liking the job or disliking it is at the CBM level. Ours pushed numbers while saying then not to. They expect you to use the same strategies whether in a inner city environment or affluent area. They don’t understand every branch has a different strength. Sales goals are the same for everyone. So while you might grind you’ll never get noticed unless you’re in an affluent area where big chunks of goal walks through the door daily. You’ll be micro managed to death unless you get a veteran manager who never has been, In a little over two years we had three big company changes as far as presentation to customers, directives and top down. Training is useless with all the changes that will happen. Growth is now limited unless you’re in a big market or willing to move to one. Oh and good luck lending when the phone app and computer app are much faster. Then you have to close them if they want to sign paper.

Advice to Management

“Simplify and grow” was not good. Your district managers in my region were not good. Corporate messages and feelings were not carried down. Several times in training, the trainers would be red faced hearing how we were told to do it in branch. Focus on relationships and less retail. You’re at the end of the day helping people with money. Hard selling home equity lines of credit is gross.

Regions Financial2019-02-02

"Depends on where you are"

Current Employee - Financial Relationship Specialist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Regions Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, and predictable hours, decent pay

Cons

Hard to attain sales goals, lack of management guidance, detatched upper management, one to two Saturdays a month

Advice to Management

The job enjoyability and success are really different from branch to branch depending on the manager and the team. I was not provided with adequate training on several things even though I asked. My manager's answer to everything was I don't know, so I had to learn everything I could from an internal website. The higher-ups just kept complaining about sales goals and as others mentioned, with the short staffing there is no time to make sales calls or if you are on the cash line, no desk time. There aren't a lot of opportunities for advancement, they do hire managers externally with no banking or sales experience, and the employees that could do a great job get passed over. The turnover is high enough that even the customers comment on it.

Regions Financial2019-01-17
  10. "Branch service leader"

I worked at Regions Financial full-time

Pros

The company has good work culture and values their employees

Cons

Sometimes there was pressure to meet sales goals

Regions Financial2018-12-01