Regis Corporation Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Regis Corporation CEO Hugh Sawyer
Hugh Sawyer

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 47 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 41 reviews)

1. "Senior District Leader"

Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior District Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Start your path to a rewarding and satisfying career!

Cons

In transition and change takes time. We are well on our way!

Advice to Management

Always practice what you preach and never forget about the underdog .

2. "HAIR"

Current Employee - Stylist in Peoria, AZ
    Current Employee - Stylist in Peoria, AZ

I have been working at Regis Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

meet a lot of great people

Cons

TOO MANY CHIEFS NO INDIANS

Advice to Management

take management classes
    its not YOUR SALON

"regional director"

Former Employee - Regional Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Director in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Large co w opportunities a across the country

Cons

large company, easy to get lost in the crowd, does not show loyalty to employee's.

Advice to Management

acknowledge the contributions your employees make. Be thankful for the work and progress being made even when there is still work that needs to be done.

"H.A.I.R"

Current Employee - DL Manager in Casa Grande, AZ
    Current Employee - DL Manager in Casa Grande, AZ

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Regis Corporation is an awesome work environment with great benefits and a wonderful TEAM been here for 11 years

Cons

The downside to this company is their is none

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated

6. "Rewarding, stress free, all in all a good place to work."

Current Employee - Stylist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Stylist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great place to work, good benefits.

Cons

smaller commission compared to industry.

Advice to Management

Keep it upl.

"Regis? ..a joke"

Former Employee - Cosmetologist in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Cosmetologist in Gilbert, AZ

Pros

If you are desperate, and I mean desperate, for a pay check (if you want to call it that), and have no social life, Regis is A++..

Cons

Managers are usually in over they heads with not much in the way of leadership skills, or even, dare I say COMMON SENSE!! For example, one of the managers I worked under, had a major lack of leadership skills. She had already ran one salon into the ground, had her entire staff fired, then they gave her a new one.. that's right, if the staff changes, and the same problems exist, it's probably not the stylists!! Salon Managers are usually so untrained and clueless you end up doing their duties, untrained, and they expect you to do it perfectly, you get reprimanded if you don't. ESP is a must to survive here. Managers are not very effective or efficient in dealing with conflict in the salon. But I figure employees would not have much conflict with each other, if managers did their jobs and were more helpful in neutralizing situations.

Area Supervisors are there for numbers numbers numbers! The only times you see them if when it's regarding numbers. If you try to reach them with a problem, they call your manager and ask them why their employees are calling them.. this is bad if your manager is the one you have a problem with. And as far as complaints go, whether they actually have an HR department is still a mystery, to me. when I needed to speak to someone, I could not find one piece of contact information.

Training is a joke, seriously. I worked there for 3 years, went to 2 training classes.. The first one was for newbies and I had already been with Regis for about 9 months. It was taught by a area supervisor who couldn't answer any of our questions.In both the classes I attended, the instructors seemed to know about as much as I knew on my first day of beauty school.

Benefits are expensive!! Dental and medical are so expensive I ended up getting a cheaper rate on my own. It would have cost more for me to insure just myself through the company then it does to insure my whole family on my own.

Raises are also pathetic, they use a series of complicated graphs and it is based off of how much you make in service sales per hour (they call it HPS) For every level you pass you get a temporary raise of, are you ready for THIS? 5cents! The HPS levels are so scattered and unreasonable, I think I made it passed my base pay like 3 times. HPS must average above your base pay level for the entire pay period in order for it to count. You get commission on retail, but the percentage is so low, you'd have to shove product down people throats, sell $1000 in retail (after discounts, yup they count your service and retail discounts against you!! .. as if the coupons were your idea??) in order to earn an extra 100$.. on your paycheck, which is taken out in taxes anyways!

If you want to be respected too, you are sooooo in the wrong place!m If you are lucky enough to get a review from your manager, it's usually done so tactless-ly that you walk away scratching your head wondering if your manager really just said such insulting things. Chances are, Yes, she did!
    Management and the staff members who make the most noise, get days off. If your respectful and overall a hard worker, your requests will be ignored. You'll get all the crummy shifts, closing 8 or more days in a row, no days off.. or working 11 days in a row, one day off, then back to work again.. This happened to me 3 times.. once for 11 days, once for 13, and once for 15..

Advice to Management

The entire Regis Corporation could use some serious revising in the checks and balances department, and perhaps more training of managers before promoting them to managers. Regional supervisors should be more in contact with their managers, and maybe even take input on a private basis from salon employees.
    Regis seems to be a great company, they have a huge chunk of the beauty industry, and perhaps that is why there are some overlooked shortcomings. With a little more attention to detail this company could really satisfy both employees and customers.