Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation CEO Hugh Sawyer
Hugh Sawyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The only con I constantly hear from my teams is the base pay (minimum wage) and how difficult it is to slide on the sliding pay scale (in 50 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Greensburg, PA
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Greensburg, PA

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you follow the hair values and the coaching given. You can grow your paycheck. I love the team I work with. Everyone is encouraging and cheers each other to grow and build.

Cons

The only downside is. When it isn't busy.

Advice to Management

Encourage and praise your staff. Get your team excited.

2. "Great, Fun Company to work for but watch out for bad business trends!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun company with great people, employee appreciation is apparent at this company. Food Truck days are highly anticipated. Regis also is very carefree whether in terms of dress, PTO, kid related situations etc.

Cons

The retail business can go up and down, because of this I was able to see salary freezes and no bonus years. Although there is opportunity for movement, extensive education experience doesn't seem to make a huge difference - which can be frustrating if you have a Graduate degree.
    Cosmetic con - building is outdated and older

Advice to Management

Expand your franchise business and master the digital world

3. "Stylish"

Former Employee - Stylish in Saint Cloud, FL
    Former Employee - Stylish in Saint Cloud, FL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like working with Quality productfor for my customers and Smartstyle is quality

Cons

Well feel that the salon is in WalmartWalmart so the should little or nothing

Advice to Management

Don't have to be so loud

4. "stylist"

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

Just hourly rate, not enough clients to everyone because manager takes them all!

Cons

just have the left overs from manager

Advice to Management

Walk in with a request or call ahead, should be an extra fee, because manager takes everybody and other stylist just seats around, when schedule is made including all the request. If a client is requesting one stylist they won't mind the extra 2 dollars per hair cut if not all other stylist can have a client and it will be a better work flow..

5. "Another "Good Ol' Boy's Club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edina, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. Paychecks were always on time.

Cons

Poor leadership abound at headquarters. Listening to the way the leadership talks about the support staff as if they are disposable at all times is hard to keep going day in and day out.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people you pay to help guide technology.

6. "District Manager"

Current Employee - District Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - District Manager in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people with lots of experience.
    Everyday is something new.

Cons

Marketing salons, guest traffic

"Thank God I got out!"

Former Employee - S/DL in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - S/DL in Lansing, MI

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. NONE.

Cons

Always short staffed because the pay is terrible! You work nights, weekends and holidays with no extra pay and upper management sucks and lies

Advice to Management

Paying your people minimum wage makes you look pathetic. Trust your SDL's instead of lying to them and backstabbing. Oh yeah, and maybe don't pay your sucky managers more than your SDL's - there's an idea!

8. "Salon Manager"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Regis Corporation for over 10 years and although I have had great experiences working for this corporation I struggle with finding positives to boast about

Cons

Pay structure is set so the corporation makes money at the expense of stylists. Corporation floods the market with coupons to drive guests into the salon, but stylists do not reap the benefits of guest increase. Working on a matrix scale, stylists must maintain a certain production per hour. Salon can be extremely busy on weekends but slower during the week. If a stylist meets a high production on a weekend, but is met with a slow weekday, you slip back to your base rate of minimum wage. Licensed professionals making minimum wage! They will sell you on making all this money, but equate tips into that. We all know not everyone tips. Be okay with making minimum wage. Corporation will sell you on on going education, don't be fooled. That won't happen and when it does it's a year behind trend. Corporation used to provide tools (clippers, blowdryers, etc), that has been discontinued. Corporation will say tools are sold on their website at an affordable price, that too is a lie. If you work for supercuts you will be required to purchase tools to provide their technique of haircutting. You will be responsible to use your tools and charge their prices and they will make profit, not you! Salons are continually being opened with NO STAFF! People work alone for 10+ hours and they will blame you for low sales and no applicants.

Advice to Management

In order to run a business you need to have someone who understands the business and people aspect. Bad decisions are being made with too many salons being opened in close proximity to each other. Don't look at the stylists and managers, look at the person making the decision to open these salons! How can you allow districts and a territory to perform the way that it does and not look at the leader?

9. "Will never work for the Regis corporation again"

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great when you're first starting out I guess...

Cons

Awful pay and location. Competition with 9 other salons in a 2 mile radius. No chance of ever commissioning like they try to force you to do. Terrible leadership in the whole district. Nobody respects anybody and every body in the business is sneaky so don't trust a single thing. They Will screw you in every possible way

Advice to Management

Actually do your job and be a manager instead of sitting up on your throne coming to work when you very rarely please to and then do nothing to help around thensalon. Respect your employees and don't treat them as slaves. Pull your weight and be honest instead of sneaky and hiding.

10. "Poor management"

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their is no pros at this job

Cons

This place is terrible to work for. We have so many salons near me hiring. Regis can't get anyone to work for them anymore because their a terrible company. They pay you terrible and I've been there 12 years and make the same. This place is a joke and now we hsve to buy our blow dryers, clippers and trimmers and curling irons. What a joke.

Advice to Management

I've been Roth the company 12 years and you get worse and worse. Pay tout employees. I didn't go to school to make minimum wage!!!!!