Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Regis Corporation CEO Daniel J. Hanrahan
Daniel J. Hanrahan

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 46 reviews)

• Changes in upper management often (in 41 reviews)

1. "Wrong Direction"

Pros

The salong teams. What's left of them.They are a creative family.

Cons

Getting away from beauty and going towards suits which makes employees and guests just a number. Loosing, staff left and right, salons are not open properly because of it. Going in the wrong direction all together. New upper management hired are out of.their league in this industry

Advice to Management

People work for people not companies

"Passionate stylist being driven to the breaking point."

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Medical, dental, and vision benefits after 1 year of employment. No booth rental fees. Salons usually 8n malls with some foot traffic.

Cons

Regis does not advertise on behalf of their salons or talented stylists. Regis benefits do not pay nearly enough for medical treatment through their insurance program. Regis offers no advancement in compensation after you earn 50% commission. Regis only pays 8% in total retail sales and you will only receive retail sale commission if you have earned service commission and have sold over $70 in retail products. Regis has outdated salons that need renovations. A professional floor cleaner once a month does not revive a space that is 20 years old. Regis needs to renegotioate fair leasing terms in large malls. No stylist should be working at 3am on Black Friday. We are service based, not retail based. Regis payed their CEO $2.55 million in 2016. Regis likes to clean out seasoned employees around their 20 year mark so they can pay someone else less than what is deserved. Regis needs to financially support and appreciate their stylists. Without US, there is NO THEM! We need the old Regis back. This new Regis is still spiraling downhill.

Advice to Management

The pay scale needs to be updated to match the current cost of living. A stylist working 48 hours should not be receiving a paycheck for less than $400. Trends change with the seasons and there should be quarterly education classes to uphold our premium name and image. Regis needs to understand and act accordingly when demanding premium stylists provide premium services at premium prices, those stylists must be paid a premium wage. We are trained, tested, and licensed. This is not an entry level stylist position. That is what an apprenticeship is for.

3. "Salon Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High walk in volume, company provides all tools and products.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about the stylist, only themselves. The company says they have education all the time but the educator for our district was spread across a wide area and could only do classes in our district MAYBE 1 time a month. i worked with regis since 2010 starting as a stylist then to manager. i made $7.25 the day i started and $8.25 my last day. Your DL will tell you that you can make commission by doing add ons and upselling product. But i busted my tail everday and only made $10 on my best 2 weeks. and that only happened 1-3 times. my last 2 weeks with regis i did $3500 in service sales and my paycheck was a tad over $700. If they pay like any normal salon (atleast 40%) i shouldve made $1100+. DO NOT waste your time with this company!

Advice to Management

Hire more educators. Pay your employees more than minimum wage. Treat your employees like you say you do.

"Stay as far away as possible"

Former Employee - District Leader
    Former Employee - District Leader

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Walk in traffic, cheap tools

Cons

This company does not care about its people. The field staff is overly paid and doesn't support their salons. Some of them work at private salons in Regis dime. While the salons are constantly short staffed. Stylist and managers are over worked and under paid. Good peoples are driven off so it's a constant revolving door. Turn over is the highest in the industry for a reason.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the RD position it's a wast of money that could be used to pay your quality employees more money. During the reorganization good people were let go because they were non technical NOW Regis is going back to non technical supervisors. Selling and closing stores to make the bottom line look good instead of investing in the business by updating salons with fresh paint. So sad to see how far down Regis has gone in the past 3 years. It used to be a first choice company now its the bottom of the barrel

6. "Don't pay much hard to survived"

Pros

If you don't have2 another option

Cons

Coworkers are awesome

Advice to Management

Pay more to there employees

7. "Nothing"

Former Employee - Area Supervisor/District Leader/Senior District Leader in Gulfport, MS

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 8 years)

Pros

Dan Harahan and Jim Lain

Cons

TOOOOOO TOOOOOO MUCH TO NAME

"Manager"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Topeka, KS

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company because the turnover rate is out of this world

Cons

as a manager you will work a lot. The pay is terrible!!!! NO time for family while I worked here

Advice to Management

Better pay

9. "Horrible Business Model. ZERO Concern for employees"

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

I'm hard pressed to find any.

Cons

Work your butt off for a horrible sliding scale which amounts to making barely more than minimum wage. Have the corporation feel so little loyalty that they only give four days notice upon closing a location. A location they were still adding staff to up to a week before this news was conveyed. Then get screwed out of a staying bonus, b/c no one in HR or Payroll knows what they're doing.

Advice to Management

COMPLETE OVERHAUL!

10. "Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love our manager and coworkers...
    I have been here 10 years and have a large customer base thanks to MY hard work. They did nothing to help promote the salon. My boss is very flexible on my schedule.

Cons

Pay scale sucks.
    They demand so much and give nothing.
    We were a previous salon and bought out by them. It took 8 years and us telling them we would do the work to finally paint the salon. They kept saying if we hit all our goals this month they would.... For 6 months. Finally enough customers complained about the color stains and ripped chairs before they did anything. Why should we convince YOU to invest in YOUR business.

Advice to Management

Raise pay scale and quit demanding us to be open on holidays. I mean do you work on holidays?!

"Review"

Current Employee - Stylist in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Stylist in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their is no pros working for this company

Cons

Their open 7 days a week. The pay is terrible. Now their open on. All holidays. They treat their employees like crap.

Advice to Management

You need to pay better so you keep employees and not be open so much. We have kids and family's and we want a life. I cry everyday I have to go to work