Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 26, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The only con I constantly hear from my teams is the base pay (minimum wage) and how difficult it is to slide on the sliding pay scale (in 50 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 45 reviews)

1. "Stylist"

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

Great pricing on services for guests, commission on product sales, company provides continued education

Cons

Many different sub-companies all under regis, training differentiates between the company name you are hired for, some education was not for all regis employees

2. "Love love love this company"

Current Employee - District Leader
    Current Employee - District Leader

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

education, career advancement, people. I love my company.

Cons

no cons at this time! Love this place!

3. "Hair Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, good customer flow, and flexible.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company.

4. "Analyst"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are genuinely nice people and will go out of their way to help others or to just doing something nice for someone else. The atmosphere is unlike other places in that many times meetings are light-hearted but also address the issue at hand -- people are more open to voicing their thoughts because no one fears reprisal. They have stocked kitchens (lunch meats, cheese, bread, oatmeal, veggies, fruit, etc) for employees to eat during the day, free parking, and usually have a couple company-wide events every year.

Cons

The company is failing financially and the sense is that everyone has a slight fear that they may be laid off. Almost every week a new announcement comes out about senior management changes and departures. The executive team has changed dramatically with the Chief Marketing Officer, Chief Human Resource Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Executive Officer all departing within ONE year. The company has been plagued with poor management for years and right now the outlook is bleak. With all the departures it's becoming clear that those who can afford to leave are. Working for Regis inherently means poor job security.
    The company has already been told we will not get a bonus this year and the word has still not come out if we will even see merit increases this year -- that's how poorly the company is doing.

Compensation is low and benefits are not that good. No 401(k) match or education benefits.

Advice to Management

Isn't possible to list all the issues that management needs to solve.
    You need to get rid of the people at the top who have failed to perform -- promoting people who were part of the problem to begin with won't solve anything.

5. "Upper Managment"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Guests Stylist and managers are amazing

Cons

No leadership
    Not honest with feedback withhold and boom your fired
    A ginormous HR department, to protect their wrong doings?

Advice to Management

Honestly Accountabilty integrity Accountability...Sounds great Model It

6. "salon manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Tarentum, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Tarentum, PA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As a long time hairdresser , 39 years, Regis is by far the best company I have ever worked for. Great pay, wonderful education and I have the greatest leader I have ever worked with Robin Barone has been so helpful, kind and encouraging. I am proud to be a salon leader with Smartstyle.

Cons

I dont love wearing all black. I have a beautiful wardrobe that I can no longer wear.

Advice to Management

Please keep in store training with Kaddie. We have all learned so much working with her.

7. "Not organized at all"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Didn't require a clientele since we had so many walk ins.

Cons

The salon wasn't organized at all. Their methods were just all over the place, I'd have to stop mid-haircut to greet a customer or answer the phone.

8. "Regional Director"

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

Great company with values. They really care about the team. Opportunity for growth

Cons

I have no cons to share

9. "Great Starting Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is wonderful! Great discounts on hair products and no micro management.

Cons

Salary is not the best

Advice to Management

Increase employee's salary fairly during yearly reviews if the person deserves it - it would help keep employees there for the long haul.

"Salon Manager"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will always hire you if you need a job..

Cons

Low pay - pay is on a pay plan based on how busy you stay. In theory this sounds like it would be a good way to compensate someone. In reality, it does nothing but benefit the company. All of the salons owned by regis in my area are extremely slow. Your hourly wage is based off of a 15 day work period. This means you can be busy 14 of those days with a high SPH, but if you're slow on that last day you pay drops drastically - Moreno than likely back to minimum wage. Also, each brand under the corporation has a different pay plan. Wal mart salon employees make the most money.

They say you have ongoing technical training, yet our annual trainings are always canceled.

They ALWAYS discount retail and services with coupons. They use this tool to "drive traffic" into the salon. This method does work at times! The only down fall is that any discounts given come off of the stylist and not the company. This means you make less as an employee because they blast out coupons any way they can or will match a competitors price.

Outdated salons and not allowed to have anti-fatigue mats.

Salons will no longer provide styling tools

The literally hire anyone that's walks through the door because the majority of salons are short staffed. They will also always ask stylists to float between multiple salons to cover shifts.

They only care about the numbers. Combo percentage and email capture is something that is discussed every week on conference call.

They find every possible way not to pay you overtime. If you work in a mall you are required to work their hours. This means most holidays and there is no holiday pay.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. We understand this is a corporate setting, but you're the number one company in the hair industry. Treat your stylists with respect and pay us what we are worth.

It's sad that the CEO is making over 900k a year salary when most stylists are bringing home minimum wage.