Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated January 30, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 46 reviews)

• Changes in upper management often (in 41 reviews)

"Senior District leader"

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

They are Number one in the hair industry. They offer lots of training for management. You can make your own schedule.

Cons

New CEO is making many changes by putting a lot of pressure on field teams and taking away all the great perks we once had.

Advice to Management

Your expectations are unrealistic. You are loosing many SDLs and stylist. Maybe you should be getting rid of RD who work from home 50% of the time. They need to get in the salons and lead by example instead of hiding in back room

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Lockport, NY

Pros

There are no pros to working here. Unless you have no soul

Cons

Work alone, no support from higher-ups, crazy staff.. The list goes on

Advice to Management

I worked almost 20 years for this company. I have managed, supported other salons that were under staffed, worked for other brands. You name it I did it. This year (2016) was the worst year for me in my entire career. I was managing and no one ever wanted to work. I worked alone a ton. I had to alter my time sheet so they wouldn't get in trouble for me not taking a break. I put in about 10 hours per week not paid just to keep up with paperwork or orders. I can write so much you would get bored reading it. I felt the the chain break on my ball the moment I walked out of that door forever.. Now fighting to get paid for earned vacation time.. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. The wrap their greedy hands around your soul... Run while you can..

"Hair Designer"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get screwed, screwed, screwed.!!!!

Cons

You get screwed, screwed, and screwed again!!!!

Advice to Management

Leave us alone upper Management!! We know what we are doing, You don't!! We are there at all times you are not!! We know our region better than you because we deal with it on a day to day basis. Please stay at your motel rooms and crunch and cry your number's there. Report to your Mafia boss so they can report to there's. Take advantage of women and work them to death while reaping all the benefits of their money......You are crooks and Mafia oriented!!!! You are Welcome!!

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incentive points and the fact that you can go on their website and order things and it comes right out of your paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Upper management never has your back only their own

Advice to Management

Do a lot of investigating about why the previous manager step down or quit and observe your team so you aren't thrown in with a difficult team that will fight you on everything to where you will not be successful

"Not worth it"

Pros

Clients are awesome and they offer in house training to be able to keep up your license. Other than that not much good about it.

Cons

Management changes often. No raises. They expect you to live on tips. They pretty much want you to live in the store and work constantly for little or no benefits.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. The ones who are actually doing the hair. The people in offices have no idea what is going on daily in the salons and some of their ideas and expectations are absurd.

"Salon manager"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have nothing positive to say

Cons

To many to list ..it is just a fast 0lace to stop to get a mediocre hair service

Advice to Management

I see you have some people on here to do damage control on your crappy company...no artistic freedom and you don't give a scrap about any of your employees

"Business Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant and Artistic Trainer in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Business Consultant and Artistic Trainer in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 8 years)

Pros

Travel and company car and credit card.

Cons

Extremely low pay for what you are expected to do.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring upper management that know absolutely nothing about the hair industry. If you don't know this industry from the ground floor up you should not be trying to supervise people that know more than you do.

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make good money if u work hard. Liked the walk in traffic where i was at. Helped me make a living for many years.

Cons

The company does not care about their hairstylist, all they care about is how much money they can make off them. I dont believe the president and ceo know exactly how bad their regional and senoir district leaders treat their employees. They dont care how long you have been with the company they still treat you like a paycheck, they do not respect you or all the hard work you do. Back when I first started there it was a great company now it has gone to crap. They spend thousands of dollars to take their district and senior district and regional leaders to some where fancy but can not give the hairstylist anything but a piece of paper. They also have no advancement in the company they hire outside the company to people that do not even have a license for hair, they know nothing about the industry but the numbers, how will they be able to come in and help anyone with their jobs. This place has gotten pathetic and I am happy to say I no longer work here and am much happier now!!!!

Advice to Management

Look at the hairstylist and see them as people and let them know how much they are appreciated. Plus why not try and advance some excellent hairstylist instead of bringing in people who dont know the job!!!

"Happy, but not really about working at Smart Style"

Current Employee - Missouri in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Missouri in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to do hair and not have any out pocket expenses. A place to start doing hair or if you're getting back into doing hair.

Cons

Smart Style dose not promote from within. Upper management, DL SDL RVS, do not have a background in hair and are not required to. The pay is terrible and so are the hours. Just because the Smart Style Hair Salons are located inside of Walmart doesn't mean it should be ran like Walmart.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at your Smart Style division. Almost all the salons are short staff and the is an extreme amount of turnover.

"Hiring outside the company for all upper management positions with No Cosmetology Degree!"

Former Employee - Senior District Leader

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Currently coaching all employees to go to Glassdoor to combat negative feedback regarding the Regis Corporation!

Cons

RVP's are "grooming" SDL's and DL's to be promotable while working for Regis for years on end and then seeking out others from Men's extra large clothing companies to do the jobs that Hairstylists should be doing.

Advice to Management

CEO, Dan , should be taking a closer look at the RVP's he has running his field operations...and not be fooled into believing his employees are happy! To include the salon managers and stylists! It seems there are now NO opportunities for advancement!