Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated August 18, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The only con I constantly hear from my teams is the base pay (minimum wage) and how difficult it is to slide on the sliding pay scale (in 52 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 45 reviews)

1. "Don't pay much hard to survived"

Pros

If you don't have2 another option

Cons

Coworkers are awesome

Advice to Management

Pay more to there employees

"Manager"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Topeka, KS

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company because the turnover rate is out of this world

Cons

as a manager you will work a lot. The pay is terrible!!!! NO time for family while I worked here

Advice to Management

Better pay

"Horrible Business Model. ZERO Concern for employees"

I worked at Regis Corporation part-time

Pros

I'm hard pressed to find any.

Cons

Work your butt off for a horrible sliding scale which amounts to making barely more than minimum wage. Have the corporation feel so little loyalty that they only give four days notice upon closing a location. A location they were still adding staff to up to a week before this news was conveyed. Then get screwed out of a staying bonus, b/c no one in HR or Payroll knows what they're doing.

Advice to Management

COMPLETE OVERHAUL!

"Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love our manager and coworkers...
    I have been here 10 years and have a large customer base thanks to MY hard work. They did nothing to help promote the salon. My boss is very flexible on my schedule.

Cons

Pay scale sucks.
    They demand so much and give nothing.
    We were a previous salon and bought out by them. It took 8 years and us telling them we would do the work to finally paint the salon. They kept saying if we hit all our goals this month they would.... For 6 months. Finally enough customers complained about the color stains and ripped chairs before they did anything. Why should we convince YOU to invest in YOUR business.

Advice to Management

Raise pay scale and quit demanding us to be open on holidays. I mean do you work on holidays?!

"Stylist"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Streetsboro, OH
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Streetsboro, OH

Pros

pretty good benefits, vacation pay

Cons

Min wage, very slow, barely any tips, long hours working alone, difficult management, swing disrespected by management

Advice to Management

Be willing to work with your stylist, don't talk down to your stylist, don't change schedules and not let your stylist know

"Senior District leader"

Former Employee - Senior District Leader
    Former Employee - Senior District Leader

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

They are Number one in the hair industry. They offer lots of training for management. You can make your own schedule.

Cons

New CEO is making many changes by putting a lot of pressure on field teams and taking away all the great perks we once had.

Advice to Management

Your expectations are unrealistic. You are loosing many SDLs and stylist. Maybe you should be getting rid of RD who work from home 50% of the time. They need to get in the salons and lead by example instead of hiding in back room

"Horrible company"

Former Employee - Salon Manager in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Salon Manager in Lockport, NY

Pros

There are no pros to working here. Unless you have no soul

Cons

Work alone, no support from higher-ups, crazy staff.. The list goes on

Advice to Management

I worked almost 20 years for this company. I have managed, supported other salons that were under staffed, worked for other brands. You name it I did it. This year (2016) was the worst year for me in my entire career. I was managing and no one ever wanted to work. I worked alone a ton. I had to alter my time sheet so they wouldn't get in trouble for me not taking a break. I put in about 10 hours per week not paid just to keep up with paperwork or orders. I can write so much you would get bored reading it. I felt the the chain break on my ball the moment I walked out of that door forever.. Now fighting to get paid for earned vacation time.. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. The wrap their greedy hands around your soul... Run while you can..

"Hair Designer"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Martinsville, VA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Martinsville, VA

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get screwed, screwed, screwed.!!!!

Cons

You get screwed, screwed, and screwed again!!!!

Advice to Management

Leave us alone upper Management!! We know what we are doing, You don't!! We are there at all times you are not!! We know our region better than you because we deal with it on a day to day basis. Please stay at your motel rooms and crunch and cry your number's there. Report to your Mafia boss so they can report to there's. Take advantage of women and work them to death while reaping all the benefits of their money......You are crooks and Mafia oriented!!!! You are Welcome!!

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incentive points and the fact that you can go on their website and order things and it comes right out of your paycheck every two weeks

Cons

Upper management never has your back only their own

Advice to Management

Do a lot of investigating about why the previous manager step down or quit and observe your team so you aren't thrown in with a difficult team that will fight you on everything to where you will not be successful

"Not worth it"

Pros

Clients are awesome and they offer in house training to be able to keep up your license. Other than that not much good about it.

Cons

Management changes often. No raises. They expect you to live on tips. They pretty much want you to live in the store and work constantly for little or no benefits.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees. The ones who are actually doing the hair. The people in offices have no idea what is going on daily in the salons and some of their ideas and expectations are absurd.