Regis Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Regis Corporation Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • We get about 5c over minimum wage when we had to go to school and get a degree for the field (in 47 reviews)

• New upper management hired are out of (in 41 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Current Employee - Experience Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Experience Manager in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Regis Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

Train stylist well very professional

Cons

Need health and life benefits

Advice to Management

None

2. "Get your clienteles and stick with them"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, lots of traffics.
    Great managements if you are at the right location!!

Cons

Matrix color line aren't the best.
    Awful retail commission. 8%...
    You get paid minimum wage if you are not on comission.

Advice to Management

the person who is selling the products should get more than 8% for the retail commission. Please provide a different color line because Matrix is so harsh on people hair!

3. "Salon Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jensen Beach, FL

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with fantastic staff and fantastic clients.

Cons

Low pay, upper management (District Leaders) showed favoritism, difficult to get in contact with my boss or higher ups, felt unheard with concerns of behavior of a manager of sister salon that worked in the same Mall who bashed our salon on a regular basis and picked on my stylists consistently. The sister salon staff would repeatedly come to me complaining about how their manager would discriminate against them, embarrass them on the floor and in front of clients. This sister salon manager specifically did not like a gay man who worked under her and consistently told him that he was not allowed to speak in regards to his partner; I advised him that he was able to and gave him the number to corporate to call and report her, he was too terrified to do that because the boss had rose colored glasses on for this particular manager. Discrimination towards my appearance as I am very tall and the boss consistently made cracks about how tall I was in a derogatory manner, idol threats of getting written up when a client, who appeared intoxicated during a service, I asked client to leave, client called corporate on me. When my boss confronted me and the stylist involved, I stood by my stylist and protected her; the boss took the side of the client, threatened to write us both up, I disagreed with the situation and she advised me that I needed to be written up - never was written up ultimately. My boss asked me to buy product so that we can make our goal for the quarter, spent around 85.00 of my own personal money on product, as well as another stylist in the salon paid for product that was not needed - all to find out that it wasn't to meet our personal store GOAL for the quarter but for HER to meet her GOAL for her quarter and she turned around and received a cash bonus for meeting her goal - she ignored my concern when I told her it was against corporate policy and it was "stealing" from the company; I promptly returned the items, and had my stylist do the same. I had a long time stylist ask me to be bumped up to the next level, after an hour on the phone the boss repeatedly asked me to lie to my stylist and let her know that things were changing and that she could "possibly" get a raise in the coming months, I confronted the boss due to the fact of her history of misconceptions and lies and after an hour she finally admitted that she had no intentions giving my stylist a raise - I threatened to call and inform her boss, then she released me to allow me to give this hard working stylist a raise. I was very ill with the Influenza A, I called her the moment I was diagnosed and informed my boss through voicemail that I was highly contagious for 4 days and that I needed to not expose my large staff - she chastised me through text and called me every day, several times a day, when my staff was more than qualified to run the salon smoothly. I had a poor experience with the boss, she showed poor management skills, lied consistently, showed favoritism to my sister salon and their manager who has a history of bad behavior. I would still be a Salon Manager if it wasn't for the boss and how she treated me. I feel as if I would have been a much better District Leader for Regis Corporation.

Advice to Management

Clean house! Re-train District Leaders. Be sure they know how to train Salon Managers in paperwork and how to properly manage the managers. Do not give DL's too many salons to manage as many get lost in translation. Please start listening and responding to concerned managers, I saw MANY policies being broken for favored managers, stealing, lies and I'm very dismayed that such a large company has ZERO concern on the destruction this specific DL has caused.

"Review"

Current Employee - Stylist in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Stylist in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Regis Corporation part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their is no pros working for this company

Cons

Their open 7 days a week. The pay is terrible. Now their open on. All holidays. They treat their employees like crap.

Advice to Management

You need to pay better so you keep employees and not be open so much. We have kids and family's and we want a life. I cry everyday I have to go to work

"Regis is innovative, forward thinking and stylists and guest centered."

Current Employee - Senior District Leader in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Senior District Leader in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global leader in salon industry. HAIR values of Honesty, Accountability, Inspiration and Respect. Strong focus on building relationships and professional development.

Cons

Fast Paced work environment ever evolving and changing. Need an extra day in the week to accomplish everything. I need 30 hour days and 8 day weeks

Advice to Management

Thank you for the emotional intelligence session. EQ is the backbone of our industry. Making people look feel beautiful.

"Manager absent"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Time of when needed
    401k
    Health ins ( pricey)

Cons

Health ins is extensive and minimal
    They hire to many inexperienced stylists at once
    Management not accountable
    Pay isn't consistent

Advice to Management

Keep a better eye on new stylists, and consider the insight of your experienced stylists more

"Potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Regis Corporation (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of great experiences and friendly employees that are eager to help.

Cons

Pay isn't great and the company seems to be in a state of re-organization.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know your employees and listen to their ideas.

"Stylist"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Regis Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interacting with customers, growing a clientele, receiving beginner job training, receiving a Paul Mitchell color education class, employee discounts, providing tools with the exception of shears

Cons

Lack of management, high stylist turn over rate, lack of continued education training, lack of pricing guidelines, lack of teamwork, long hours 8-12 hr shifts

"Stylist centric career company!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Regis Corporation full-time

Pros

Regis truly cares about their teams and they are continually looking for ways to help their stylist have successful careers!

Cons

Regis is the largest employer of stylist, so there is always room to grow!

Advice to Management

Dan, Jim and all of the other leadership team thank you, keep doing what you are doing!

11. "Love being a part of Regis!"

Current Employee - Salon Manager in Ironton, OH
    Current Employee - Salon Manager in Ironton, OH

Pros

Full benefits, 401k, they provide everything you need to get started, competitive pay (salary or commission), friendly and fun environment, great opportunities to advance in your career, lots of education... just a great company to be a part of!

Cons

You are working for a corporation so you have to be willing to follow rules and guidelines. Follow company initiatives, and be willing to charge the prices they set.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!